Pregnant after a Loss

Found the hb with my Doppler!!! (Update)

rkricheyrkrichey member
edited November 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss
I've been using my Doppler for a few days knowing it was too early to hear anything. But last night (8w5d) I picked it up for about 15 seconds! Then it was gone. It took a while to find. I found it again this morning but only for a few seconds. But that's enough to make me feel so much better. Woohoo! I knew technically I was pregnant but without daily reassurance I convince myself I'm going to have another mmc.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Found the hb with my Doppler!!! (Update)

• That is so reassuring! I wasn't able to pick my little guy up until around 13 weeks. Then from about 15-17 weeks, couldn't find him at all. Idk if it was him moving everywhere or my anterior placenta but it drove me crazy.
  • Holy cow, that's early. Congratulations! He/she must have one heck of a heartbeat!
  • Loading the player...
  • I shouldn't have even said anything. I tried to find it last night and I couldn't. I tried for a while too. So I thought oh well I'll try again when I wake up. I'm sure it's just bc he/she is so small. Then I couldn't find it again this morning. The reasonable part of me knows it's probably just normal bc it's so early. The pgal part of me is freaking the heck out.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ok I'm officially insane. I just tried again and found it. I told myself "ok try one more time and if you find it, you're putting the Doppler away for a week". I'm reassured but now I can see how mentally exhausting this can be. I'm thinking I might give it to my husband to hide. Ladies....step away from the dopplers. Lol just kidding.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • rkrichey said:
    Ok I'm officially insane. I just tried again and found it. I told myself "ok try one more time and if you find it, you're putting the Doppler away for a week". I'm reassured but now I can see how mentally exhausting this can be. I'm thinking I might give it to my husband to hide. Ladies....step away from the dopplers. Lol just kidding.
    That's why I never used the doppler, I would have a heart attack.  Also the only time I used it, my husband found the heartbeat for me.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • That's why I never used the doppler, I would have a heart attack.  Also the only time I used it, my husband found the heartbeat for me.
    This is my fear of using one. Bought one for a friend and asked for it back to try it out. Glad she hasn't taken me up on it.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • I borrowed my sisters Doppler when I was pregnant with my daughter. It was a lifesaver. It kept me from going crazy and calling my dr a million times. I bought my own this time, but I am not going to use it until they start doing it at the dr office. It's too early. Maybe put it up for now, so you don't drive yourself crazy :)
  • I would just note that my doc, at 11 weeks, could not find a HB for me on Friday bc my uterus is tipped so far back. Baby is fine. I think your anatomy is important in a decision on whether or not to purchase. He said I likely wouldn't be able to find a HB until 20 weeks!
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • I was so torn about getting a doppler but last week I was really panicking. I had been crampy and felt like I wasn't feeling the usual little flutters (I'm 18w1d) and I was getting really paranoid. Waiting for my appointment next week seemed impossible. My sweet husband ended up surprising me with a doppler and it provided so much relief. I don't think I'll use it often but probably once in a while until the kicks are stronger/more consistent.

• It's a lifesaver most of the time. It has really eased my fears going so long between appointments.
    BabyFetus Ticker