Infertility

No IVF coverage! Help ! NJ

Hey ladies so at this point we are done with IUI if this cycle won't work. Any advice on the financial side of IVF ? We do not have any coverage for IVF and everything would be out of pocket. Definitely don't have 15k laying around , I wish. Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: No IVF coverage! Help ! NJ

• Our insurance didn't cover our IVF cycle either. Call around to different pharmacies to get the best price on meds. We used Freedom pharmacy, and they gave us a discount since we were paying out of pocket. We also received a mail-in-rebate for a few of the mess, which saved us a few hundred dollars.
  • I'm from nj too and use freedom pharmacy I haven't done ivf yet I know it's covered but they are making me do three rounds of injectables and iuis even though I did three rounds of clomid and iuis. Freedom had the best prices with my insurance. Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm planning on taking a loan against my 401k, but I know not everybody has worked somewhere long enough to have that available.

My wife and I also get by with just one car.  Again, we're lucky here, since our city has okay (not great) public transit.  But we save a substantial amount of money that way, by avoiding car payments and cutting the insurance expense in half.  We cook at home a lot.

Which is to say, we do that so we'll be able to afford the loan payments.  There are lenders that specifically offer financing for medical procedures, and we're going to use one of those first (since we don't know how many rounds of IVF and FETs we'll have to do), and once the dust settles, the 401k loan will pay off the higher interest medical loan. 

But the short answer-- we're just going to go into debt. 
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)