September 2015 Moms

Sex with LO in room

LO sleeps in her pack n play in our bedroom. Right now she obviously has no idea what's going when my husband and I have sex, but at what point is it not ok to be intimate in the same room as her? At what age do we need to start hiding away and not only making sure she can't see, but that she can't hear us either?

Re: Sex with LO in room

• I was just thinking this last night when hubby and I were getting busy lol. LO sleeps in his crib that is in our room and it just feels a little wrong having him so close! So I wonder the same thing!
  • The rock n play stays in the living room while we're having our time in the bedroom. I'm not concerned about doing it in front of baby, I just don't want to wake him up!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hubby and I concluded probably around 4 months when he's more alert and aware. But hooefully he will be out of our room and in his crib by then anyway!
  • Unless you yourself are uncomfortable I would think it's fine until they're old enough to ask questions about it, and at that point they'd likely be out of your room anyway. I'm with pp though, we don't want to wake him up so sometimes well do it in the living room with the monitor on.
  • We are moving our guy to his nursery in one more month.
  • LoveLee85 said:

Gosh are we the only ones not doing it yet?!?! We did it once at 7 weeks pp and it was AWFUL pain. Also, I had a surgery down there and once again, have to wait to be cleared for sex. Ugh. We did it mayyyybe a total of 5 times the entire 9 months of pregnancy because I didn't want it. The horny hormones did not hit me. Poor DH. He is a saint and doesn't bother me. Now, we are both just so beyond exhausted there is a physical want but zero action taking place. Plus, I have to be cleared again. I just honestly don't feel ready and am terrified of the pain again.

Awe don't worry I'm sure you're not the only one It will be worth the wait! Don't be scared, my husband and I tried at 5 weeks and it was horribly awful, we had to stop because it hurt soooo bad. But then a week later we tried again and it was much much better. Still hurt in the beginning but once we got started (a very slow process!) it was all good.
  • LoveLee85 said:

Gosh are we the only ones not doing it yet?!?! We did it once at 7 weeks pp and it was AWFUL pain. Also, I had a surgery down there and once again, have to wait to be cleared for sex. Ugh. We did it mayyyybe a total of 5 times the entire 9 months of pregnancy because I didn't want it. The horny hormones did not hit me. Poor DH. He is a saint and doesn't bother me. Now, we are both just so beyond exhausted there is a physical want but zero action taking place. Plus, I have to be cleared again. I just honestly don't feel ready and am terrified of the pain again.

Your not alone!!! My daughters nearly 10 weeks and between bleeding after birth and periods I have only had about 2 weeks spare and during that time I'm either tired or don't feel comfortable with her in our room so close

• LoveLee85 said:
    Same here! We tried at 6 weeks and it was awful. Then we tried the other night but I heard the baby squeaking in his crib (a few feet away) and it sorta killed the mood. I'm thinking a bikini wax will reignite the passion because it is so NOT cute down there (damn Italian roots!) Any advice on bringing a baby along to get a bikini wax?! 
  • I can't even have sex when I can hear my dog outside of the bedroom door. I can't imagine being in the mood with my baby in the room no matter what age, lol.
  • I would agree about the age they start to speak (even just a few words) my thoughts are they have no understanding or concept of what's going on, they don't ask questions, and they can't mimick words you use yet anyway. Personally I won't do it with LO in the same room right now. It's too distracting.
  • @LoveLee85 I'm in the same boat! It took me the full six weeks to heal, and I thought the six week "checkup" hurt, so I've been terrified and my poor DH has been so understanding. We just ordered lube and I think we are going to try this weekend but I feel bad--I'm much more scared than excited!
  • We have a guest bedroom, so when baby is asleep in the pack n play next to our bed in our bedroom, we go to the "boom boom room" to get busy. I'm not in the mood at all when baby is around ... DH will come up behind me when I'm changing baby's diaper and try to get frisky and I tell him there is no way I'm getting turned on in the middle of a diaper change! Being intimate in front of baby just feels so wrong to me and I can't get past it!