Breastfeeding

Mommy vacation a bad idea?

Hi ladies, I'm looking for some advice. I have the opportunity to take a much needed long weekend getaway with my sister in February, probably 3 nights. My LO is 3 1/2 months now and will be 6 1/2 months then. He is almost EBF, I work two 12 hour shifts a month and go out without him for a few hours for girls night or date night maybe every other week, during those times my husband feeds the baby a bottle of breast milk. He's never been great with the bottle and always does well going back to the breast when I get home. I would love to breast feed for as long as possible and so far it's been great!

My question is, do you think being away for 4 days while he gets bottles will ruin our breastfeeding relationship when I get home? (obviously I will be pumping to keep my supply) has anyone been away for that long and had trouble (or not) going back to EBF?

Thanks for any advice you ladies may have! I'd love to take this trip but not at the expense of breastfeeding. It can always wait til next year :)

Re: Mommy vacation a bad idea?

• I left my first at about that same age for 4 days for a work trip. It didn't impact supply since I pumped regularly but I went through a lot of my freezer stash which sucked. My DD never had issues switching between bottle and breast so not sure about that part
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15