April 2016 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change

Week/Baby Size:

Symptoms:

Rants/Raves/Stories:

Upcoming Appointments:

Questions:

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table?
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change

• Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited November 2015
    Week/Baby Size: 20 weeks!!! HALFWAY!!! And I'm loving the Chipotle burrito size comparison...

Symptoms: nothing much, just an active kiddo!

Rants/Raves/Stories: So I posted Monday about how a friend of mine expecting twin girls a week before me has narrowed her name choices down to three and one happens to be MY probably name :( SO irritating, and she doesn't want me to tell her and won't compromise her choices and take the other two, so she MAY end up taking the one name DH and I really agree on!

Upcoming Appointments: 20 week appt this afternoon, no real concerns since I feel her a lot :)

Questions: See rant...our name we currently have chosen is Eliza Grace. What are your thoughts on Johanna Grace if my friend goes with Eliza? It's a German name and we're both German. NN Jo? We actually had Hannah in the mix but its a little more common than we want...

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Normally it's mashed potatoes but I'm on such a huge stuffing kick, can't even handle how much I want it! Made cornbread crescent stuffing for our early Thanksgiving over the weekend...delicious!
  • Options
    I don't think you must change you favorite name just because your friend picks it.... A name is forever and you want your girl to have your favorite name!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 20 weeks - banana or mango. Yay for halfway!!!!

Symptoms: constipation is the only symptom that has persisted for 20 weeks...

Rants/Raves/Stories: I am feeling a ton of movement these days. Loving it so much!!!!

On not so good news, my husband caught a cold when we were in Orlando, and now I'm getting it... Boooooo...

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy US today!!!! Praying all is well!

Questions: Is it normal that my boobs have not been sore in months, and they are only minimally larger than pre-preg...??? Everyone tells me "your boobs are going to explode!!!" Well, they are not!

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? TG has never been a tradition for me as I am Brazilian, so it's hard to pick... I'll just say cornbread cause I love it. :)
  • Options
    I actually am starting to love Johanna more than Eliza...! I really want her to have a different name than any other babies we knew born around the same time, so if my friend went with Eliza I would really feel compelled to choose otherwise...
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 19 & mango

Symptoms: nothing really, feeling little kicks & flips here & there

Rants/Raves/Stories: this pregnancy is flying and I feel so disconnected and unprepared. This is very different from my experience with DS, I know it's pretty normal but it's a bummer.

Upcoming Appointments: I have a regular appt tomorrow and the anatomy scan on Monday (I'm hoping seeing this little kiddo will help with the disconnected feeling)

Questions: nothing at the moment

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Stuffing. I don't make it but it's my favorite part of the dinner. DH's uncle makes an oyster stuffing sometimes and it is AMAZING.
  • Options
    MrsCayEyeMrsCayEye member
    edited November 2015
    @imrachellea I wouldn't care if my friend and I had kids with the same name. And FWIW, I LOVE Johanna (it's a family name on my dad's side), especially with your heritage & your DD1's name.

@thaisac1 it's normal. Some people's boobs don't explode, mine didn't change in size this time but they did with DS. I prefer this experience lol.
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 17 / onion

Symptoms: constipation (what's new?). Movement!

Rants/Raves/Stories: All I want to do is start nesting and preparing for this baby. We are renovating our basement and then moving DDs room and her room will be the nursery, so I can't really prepare that. And I guess I'm waiting to find out the sex before I buy stuff. I haven't purchased a single thing and I can't wait to! Is it bad that part of the reason I want this baby to be a boy is so I can buy new things?

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan not until Dec 12!

Questions:

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Sweet potato casserole! Sweet, brown sugary, deliciousness!!!
  • Options
    @imrachellea I think Johanna (and Jo especially!) is adorable!
  • Options
    To be perfectly honest, I prefer Johanna to Eliza. But that's just me as I don't like the letter Z for some reason. Weird, I know. :)
  • Options
    Goldsgirl9Goldsgirl9 member
    edited November 2015
    Week/Baby Size: 17/Onion 

Symptoms: Breasts are sore, trouble sleeping and today some stretching/pulling pains, forgetfulness. 

Rants/Raves/Stories: Looking forward to telling my family next week. I'm tired of trying to hide my growing belly. My mothers examines me every time I see her but wont ask, probably because of the miscarriages.  

Upcoming Appointments: Can't wait for our A/S on 12/7. Cannot get here soon enough. Even though all tests have come back normal I just want confirmation baby boy is doing well in there. 

Questions: Why don't we start a daily/weekly kegel reminder post? Someone did this on my Jan13BMB and it was really helpful. 

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Stuffing, stuffing, stuffing. Its my favorite part of the meal. 
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 17 weeks/Onion/Turnip

Symptoms: REALLY wishing this puking business was over...and talk about some hip pain at night.

Rants/Raves/Stories: So, DH and I decided yesterday that we really do want to find out what LO is.  We've been Team Green, but I have been struggling to feel a connection to this pregnancy--mostly just feeling like this LO will be less special than DD because everything for LO is hers and whatnot.   I have not been so excited all of this pregnancy until yesterday when we made the official decision.  I AM PUMPED!!

Upcoming Appointments: More excited about my 20 week appt than any other one I have had since we are going to find out....PLUS it's on my birthday! FXed that all is well with LO and he/she spreads wide for us to see!

Questions: Nope

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table?  STUFFING and Sweet Potato Souffle!! Baby peas in butter sauce, BROWN gravy, cornbread casserole......My family is all west-coast peeps, but I live in the traditional south...I am SO sick of dressing and crap like that.  BRING ON THE GOOD STUFF, West Coast Style!

imageimage
  • Options
    @iamracheallea...I love Johanna, and Jo! It's a shame about her name swiping...but I have 2 friends that were super tight, until friend 2 named her DD the same as friend 1, even with 2 years apart.  They no longer speak.  It was UGLY.

Also...I am pretty sure we have the most active Ticker Change day...and I love it!!

imageimage
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @briterfly84 Is it crazy that I was intentionally ignoring her texts after she shared the names they were considering and she woudln't budge when I said one of those was our one and only? *sigh* I am glad I discovered Johanna because I seriously looooove it (I was calling her "Jo" on the way in to work this morning when she was wiggling and it made me smile!). DH likes it too, we will still be keeping names a secret until she's born though regardless of what we go with. Also, one of my favorite books growing up was Little Women and Jo was my favorite character! Plus, Johanna means "God is gracious" and middle name Grace? Meant to be I think :)
  • Options
    Lurking....
    @imrachellea I really like Johanna I would go with JoJo or Joey for nn. But Jo is cute too!
  • Options
    @Brandi81012 I actually was thinking calling her "my little Joey", if we go with Johanna, and putting some kind of little kangaroo decor in her room :-D
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 19/mango

Symptoms: gas, no ms this week, my legs and feet are starting to bother me At work.

Rants/Raves/Stories: taking ds1 to a Santa themed carnival today! Yay for days off.

Upcoming Appointments: 20 week appt Dec. 1st.

Questions:

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Mashed potatoes/gravy, mashed butternut squash, and cranberry sauce!
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 19 Weeks / mango

Symptoms: random occurrences of heart burn

Rants/Raves/Stories:  We got to see our peanut this morning!  Love my baby so much!  He/she was curled in a ball so DH didn't get to find out the sex, I told him it's because I told baby not to flash his/her naughty bits lol

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy Scan on the 24th!

Questions: Does anyone else feel like their nipples got big?  I feel like mine look bigger than before

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie mmmmmm can't wait for next week!
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 19 Weeks / mango

Symptoms: random occurrences of heart burn

Rants/Raves/Stories:  We got to see our peanut this morning!  Love my baby so much!  He/she was curled in a ball so DH didn't get to find out the sex, I told him it's because I told baby not to flash his/her naughty bits lol

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy Scan on the 24th!

Questions: Does anyone else feel like their nipples got big?  I feel like mine look bigger than before

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie mmmmmm can't wait for next week!
    To your question.... Yup, a bit bigger. :)
  • Options
    Phew glad I'm not the only one @thaisac1, now only if my boobs would grow a tiny bit lol

@imrachellea Johanna is a very cute name for a little girl!
  • Options
    So the boob question! Ha I have to weigh in...pun kind of intended I guess? With DD1 there wasn't a big noticeable change really until my milk came in a few days after she was born and then it was like...ridiculous. This time around, they already feel out of control. So it really varies I guess. I'm kind of concerned for when my milk comes in this time, I don't want to have to buy even MORE bras.
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 20 weeks.. A banana? (I'm liking @imrachellea's burrito reference better!

Symptoms: crazy nightmares... Last night it was the epideral needle... Yikes.

Rants/Raves/Stories: still stuck in no-name land for our baby boy... Would love to have the decision made but it doesn't seem like that'll happen soon for us.

Upcoming Appointments: 24 week appointment in December.. We're cruising along for now!

Questions:

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Stuffing! My MIL doesn't eat gluten, so I volunteered to make it this year.
  • Options
    OMG, the nipples.....I feel like I've got gumdrops in my bra.  TMI but damnit...they won't stay down either.  I am friggin pointing at all times and it's driving me crazy.  And that's through a bra, shelf bra camisole, AND a shirt.  I mean, all the better for LO to latch on I guess, but I do not remember them being so dang 'present' before milk came in last time.  Luckily, my big girls haven't grown a noticeable amount!

imageimage
  • Options
    @imrachellea I LOVE Johanna and Jo. You calling her your little Joey is adorable. Definitely something special between you guys.

As far as boobs, with my last son they were huge by the time he came (like DD at least). I lost a ton of weight and got in shape after him and they went back down to a small B. Now with this one, got pregnant and they remembered what to do apparently because I'm back up to a D and I'm only halfway through. I'm scared what they'll be like when my milk comes in. I have a picture when I had my last one of me nursing him and my boob is as big as him!
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 20 weeks, banana. Yay for being half way done!

Symptoms: still headaches, lots of movement, and the gag reflex is still extremely active.

Rants/Raves/Stories: had our anatomy scan Monday. From what we could see everything looked great and he's still a boy. He was curled into a ball so we weren't able to get a lot.

Somewhat of a rant, all three of the kids have had some kind of the stomach flu the last week. The boys had it the worst. I'm so glad they're feeling better, i couldn't handle anymore vomit. Hence the gag reflex above :)

Upcoming Appointments: in 4 weeks, another sono to get what we couldn't on Monday

Questions:

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Candied sweet potatoes! We have a family recipe we use and I crave them year round.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 20 weeks/Banana We are having our C-section at 39 weeks so I'm on the down hill now!

Symptoms: Extremely sore between my legs, soreness everywhere.

Rants/Raves/Stories:

Upcoming Appointments: Monday- Anatomy scan- can't wait to see the baby and hopefully find out what the sex is!

Questions: Anyone else so sore it's hard to walk after sitting down for a while.  I can't roll over in bed without pain and the worst is on the inner of my legs.

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Broccoli casserole.  This is hard to pick bc I love all Thanksgiving food!

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Week / Baby Size:  17 weeks / an onion

Symptoms:  Nausea is getting a lot better (yay!)

Rants / Raves / Stories:  I'll echo the boob thing!  I was a DD pre-pregnancy and now I'm a DDD.  I don't know where I'm going to get bras if they get any bigger!

Upcoming Appointments:  Anatomy scan scheduled for December 4th.

GTKY - What is your must have on the Thanksgiving table?:  Mashed potatoes and lots of pies.  YUM!
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 18 weeks, sweet potato

Symptoms: some constipation, and a pain in my right lower side. It's not terrible, so I'm just going to wait to ask about it in my appointment Friday. Hoping it's just gas!

Rants/Raves/Stories: I feel random little movements and it's pretty awesome :) makes me greedy and want more though!
    I just got over a terrible cold!!! I'm so happy to be feeling better since I couldn't take my favorite medicine, Tylenol cold & sinus.

Upcoming Appointments: Friday! Supposed to be the anatomy scan but because of insurance that might have to be pushed back. I get to see the little bear though, so that's all I want!

Questions:

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table?
    Tie between my Nanas stuffed mushrooms or her pinwheels (tortilla with cream cheese, meat, salsa and other stuff??).
    && we have to have homemade Russian tea. <3
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 19, mango!

Symptoms: Constipation seems to be getting better maybe (I posted for the first time last week after lurking forever and this was my major symptom), backaches when I'm at work. I am a toddler teacher so it's always killing me after a few hours.

Rants/Raves/Stories: I felt movement finally for the first time today! I randomly woke up at 5 am and felt a couple of small movements. I was so excited that I never went back to sleep haha.

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan, December 4th. Was hoping it'd be next week but thanksgiving week is quite hectic.

Questions: Today I started noticing that my knuckles would randomly look really blue and my lips feel tingly. Anyone else have this?? It's kind of on and off and I'm not cold. I'm waiting on a call back from the nurse line.

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? That is a very hard question. Potatoes! Rolls! Noodles! Turkey! Pie! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    @katynnew I would assume that has something to do with circulation changes? But I can't guarantee, it would just be my best guess.
  • Options
    @imrachellea That's what I am assuming as well. I'm the crazy pregnant girl who calls the nurse line for literally everything and then I sit and worry until they call me back haha.
  • Options
    @katynnew...I have a similar issue, my fingers turn greyish blue randomly.  At first, I thought it was from my jeans, until I realized it happened when I wore other pants too.  Mine started pre-pregnancy, and Doc says it's just a circulation quirk.  For me, it isn't a sign of lack of circulation...just a weird thing.  But it's always good to get a medical opinion!

imageimage
  • Options
    Weeks: 20! Excited to be halfway! Banana baby Symptoms: nothing Rants/raves/stories: it's been a crazy week! Had our anatomy scan where we found out we were having a boy and tech said all looked good! Got a call two days later from the OB saying I needed an echo of the babies heart to check for possible defects. It's such a heart stopping moment when you get a call like that and I was a wreck the next 24 hours. Had our echo and all looked normal! Whew the roller coaster of emotion. You don't know fear until someone tells you something may be wrong with one of your kids. Also, boy names are hard! Upcoming appts: December 2 for my standard 4 week checkup Questions: nope Gtky: mmmmm mashed potatoes are a must for me. Also the staples like turkey and green bean casserole.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: 18/sweet potato

Symptoms: very very tired and sinus/allergy problems.

Rants/Raves/Stories: Today my baby was kicking up a storm during a test I had. It was so distracting! This baby is way more active and strong than I thought it'd be. I LOVE to feel the baby moving, but I can't imagine how hard the baby will be kicking/punching towards the end of the pregnancy if it's this strong already.

Upcoming Appointments: a/s in early December

Questions:

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Butternut squash

• Options
    Girls, is it normal to feel a ton of movement one day, and little movement the next day? My baby kicked me up a storm yesterday, but I barely felt him today (although I know he's there and Ok as I had an ultrasound this morning). Just learning to fine tune my expectations.
  • Options
    @thaisac1 Yes, I would say totally normal. I have days were I won't feel baby all day. But then the next day it's kicking like crazy. I just chalk it up to being busier some days and not really noticing the little movements. Kicks start to get more consistent later on (and harder of course).
  • Options
    Week/Baby Size: Week 19/mango....yummy!

Symptoms: Still having dry hands and feet and crazy migraines during the day; feeling more movement though which is cool!

Rants/Raves/Stories: So, I stopped at this store near my job to pick up my usual Dutchess honey bun (I've been craving them a lot lately.) The store manager told me that they no longer sell them because they weren't earning money from them so they chose another brand. I guess my facial expression (and my growing bump) made her feel terrible, so she decided to special order another case of Dutchess honey buns just for me. They should be here in a week. I cried driving back to work. I thought that was the sweetest thing ever. Lol.

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy U/S on 12-2-15!

Questions: How long do you ladies wait to lay down after you eat? I feel like I'm not waiting until my food fully digests to go to sleep. I'm not having any bad reactions to it, but I definitely don't want to cause issues down the road.

GTKY: What is your must-have on the Thanksgiving table? Dressing with gravy (or what you ladies call "stuffing") and of course the sweet potato casserole with marshmallows and pecans.....
  • Options
    @thaisac1 yes, it's normal. Even after going through it with DS, it still unnerves me when it's been a while since I've felt the baby move even though I know it's normal.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @mccartra Strangely the movements are less crazy towards the end because they just don't have the space. Right now, they are big enough that we can feel them, but small enough that they still have enough room to throw the craziest dance party ever. I'd say sometime between 30-35 weeks the movements get way less, just because they can't move around as much. Wriggling and twisting, sure, but not really kicking then.