Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Help me with Bras!

Hi ladies, congrats on all of your LOs! I am still in 2nd tri, but I am approaching the point where I just can't deal with underwire bras anymore. This is my 3rd child and I have yet to find a bra that is great for maternity wear and also nursing. My problem is that I am normally a 34C, but in pregnancy/nursing I am more like a 36 DD+. After BFing two kids my boobs are not quite as perky as they once were and the bras I have purchased previously without underwire just kind of collapse and my boobs lay on my ribs, then they become uncomfortable and pointless. Do any of you have any recommendations for nursing bras that you love? Anything you wore in pregnancy and then into nursing would be ideal, but even just your favorites that are working for you now would help. I am looking for something I can leave the house in, not just a sleep bra or one of those thin stretchy types, I will get a few of those for home use, but they don't cut it for leaving the house and they don't usually cover the pads well.

TIA!

Re: Help me with Bras!

• Once my baby dropped I went all of the way down to a 32 so it was impossible to find nursing bras in that size, so forget about actually liking them. I ended up trying some that I liked on at Pea in a Pod, then found them cheaper online. I ended up buying two Heidi Klum nursing bras and one Elle McPherson. I bought them off of two different sites, but I want to say that one of them was Bare Necessities or Bare Essentials? One of them had a great deal, too, 20% off and free shipping! Good luck!
  • Bravado nursing tank! They are expensive (~$40-50), but they have a built in shelf bra that is serious! No saggy boobs! And the material is high quality, nice and thick, and good elasticity to cover post baby belly. I live in these. I have 4 and just rotate, haven't worn a bra since baby! You can get deals on their website sometimes, but I found them cheapest on Amazon. they also have a lot of nursing bras but I've only gotten the tanks so far. Love love love them!
  • Loading the player...
  • meganraschkemeganraschke member
    edited November 2015
    I wear elomi bras, they have underwire in them but I'm in an I cup and really cannot do without underwire. My LC said as long as the underwire does not dig into your breast tissue and sits completely on your ribs it will not effect your milk ducts.

Edited to add: a brand called Cake also makes a nursing sports bra that is comfortable and supportive. I think you can find it at Nordstroms
  • Soma sells wireless nursing bras. I bought one with underwire (bad idea) but my boobs also grew too much with breastfeeding and it doesn't fit anymore :( but it's an amazing bra!
  • I bought my underwire off Bare Essentials. I'm in an F and definitely need the underwire for support. Although it is not tight as I didn't want it to interfere with milk ducts I can't wear it to pump in. If I wear while pumping I will get clogged ducts and they have become very painful before I figured out why it was happening
  • Soma is AMAZING! I am naturally 38DD to 40DDD depending on brand, and i am in a 42F now in my third trimester. No store came close to helping with a cute functioning nursing bra, but Nordstroms brad can ALL be fitted custom with a nursing clip. And SOMA has helpful women who are kind and help fit properly. Highly HIGHLY recomend SOMA for their prices, quality, and sizes. I also recomend Nordstroms for their customization availability, but they are more expensive. Either way - have someone help you! Get properly fitted each time you go looking, tell them what you like and dont like, and why. They may know a solution that is different yet perfect for you.
  • During pregnancy I bought a few nursing sports bra like things from Target and they have been amazing and still fit now that my milk has come in. I sized up one but the brand is Stella I believe. While they aren't the sexiest things I don't mind wearing them out of the house.