Infertility

New to the Board, planning on January '16 IVF

Hello! 

I recently had bilateral salpingectomy (tube removal, 10/30/2015) due to some anatomical problems, will have to rely on IVF to attain a pregnancy.  Will have my ovulation suppression cycle start in December, with the plan for IVF in January 2016. 

Anyone else on this timeline and wish to buddy up? 
Good luck to all you ladies!

Re: New to the Board, planning on January '16 IVF

• I will have an FET in January!
    Me: 31 PCOS + Homozygous A1298C MTHFR DH: 32 A-OK!
    December 2015-IVF 24 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 9 frozen blastocysts
    January 2016-FET #1-BFP!
    February 2016-MC @ 7w3d
    April 2016-Hysterscopy and D&C
    May 2016-September 2016-Prepare to move to Qatar and TTC is on hold
    October 2016-Natural BFP & MC @ 6w
    December 2016-Natural CP
    April 2017-FET #2-BFP-It's TWINS!
    Follow our journey
  • I am not 100 percent sure but I am meeting with my RE on the 23rd to make my final decision . I'm most likely doing IVF in January !

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi! New to the board and planning our first ivf cycle in January 2016. Excited to get started and hopefully see that positive test! I would love cycle buddies for this journey.
  • welcome and good luck
  • Welcome!!  Best of luck with your IVF cycle!!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20

• I am also knew to the board and i'm possibly starting IVF in January as well however i will be talking to the IVF coordinator tomorrow to figure out if the timing will work for us otherwise we may either have to just do half the procedure and freeze the embryos for a transfer later on or just wait until April to begin. Id love some cycle buddies as well. Good luck to everyone on their journeys!
    Me (28) DH (32)
    Married: Dec 2011
    TTC#1 May 2014
    Dx: MFI (low count)
    FET#1 May 2016  BFP 
    EDD 2/4/17 - TWINS- MC July  o:)o:)
    FET#2- 11/9/16 BFP- MC o:)
    FET#3- 2/8/17 BFP- MC o:)

• @Carpediemstat welcome and GL! Excited for all you January ladies. What a wonderful way to start a new year with another batch of BFPs.

Good luck and FX for all of you!!
  • I'm looking at starting in January too! I've known it would be our next step for a few months, but it has been getting pushed back for one reason or another. I've been following each months IVF group and I've loved reading along and seeing all the support, I've also learned so much already but we will see how prepared I feel when the time really comes. Good luck to all!
  • Welcome! I may be joining you as well. Meeting with my RE on 12/07 to discuss next steps after 3 failed IUIs and DH and I are strongly considering jumping into the IVF pool. If we decide to move forward, I'm hoping January we will be starting!
  • Welcome! I am new to this as well. We are planning on starting IUI in January. We originally were going to go straight to IVF due to severe MFI but we decided to try IUI first.

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• @chicandbuddly

If you dont mind me asking how severe is your DH fertility? my husband has extremely low sperm rate and our dr wouldnt even consider IUI for us even though i would have wanted to start with that. 
    Me (28) DH (32)
    TTC#1 May 2014
    FET#1 May 2016  BFP 

• @kjplaza and @chicandbubbly - I'm also dealing with an MFI issue.  Our RE told us you just need 1 million sperm post wash (meaning the normal shaped motile sperm) to be eligible for IUI.  I've read a number of IUI success stories (from lurking around) with folks who had just 1 million post wash.  How many motile sperm do your DHs have?  We just tried our first ever IUI today and ended up with 7 million post wash.  I know not very high but the nurse told us it was a good amount so I'm hopeful!

• @wifeinraleigh28

My DH only had 4 million but our RE said it was too low to even consider, ive read online ideally 10-20 million so i didnt even push the topic. keep me posted though id love to hear how things go. GL

Me (28) DH (32)
    TTC#1 May 2014
    FET#1 May 2016  BFP 

• @kjplaza - I guess every RE has their own methods, but people are successful with just 4 million post wash with IUI so I certainly don't think it could hurt to try it.  I guess it might be different though if you're paying OOP.  Our insurance covered 3 cycles of IUI but we get no IVF coverage, so we're willing to take our chances on it!  I think if we were doing everything OOP though I would want to pay for the treatment with the highest rates of success.

• Hi girls! Was on the IUI boards for awhile over the summer and have been taking a break after 3 failed attempts with injectables. Will start IVF in January when I go on my husbands insurance that covers 2 rounds! Can not wait to finally start the process!!!
  • After 2 ectopic pregnancies and one failed ivf. I will be doing mini ivf in January. Gonal f and lupron with clomid. Not looking forward to lupron...
  • Hey there! I am new as well :) welcome! I am also planning to start IVF #2 in Jan. I will know more this tuesday with my new RE consult. I had a hydrosalpinx...@carpediemstat is that why you had your tube removed? They used a Essure on my left hydrosalpinx to block the fluid.  Nice to meet you all :)@babybluw13077 @laur2444 @chicandbubbly @kjplaza @wifeinraleigh28 @mtpbadger @couldthisbelove @mskeenan @takethelongway @carpediemstat
    Me  Hydrosalpinx(36) & DH 0% morphology (37)
    Jan 2007- started TTC ( temp everyday and opk and clomid used 12 cycles)
    Oct 2010- Natural BFP after 22 months TTC ( NO MEDS USED)
    Feb 2011- Still birth @ 16 weeks 
    May 2011- Myomectomy to remove grapefruit size fibroid
    Jan 2015- Essure to block hydrosalpinx
    April 2015 - 1st IUI  - BFN
    May 2015 - 2nd IUI - BFN
    Aug 2015 - IVF ER: BCP, lupron, Menopur, Bravelle, HCG (Trigger Shot) 12 eggs retrieved, 8  mature, 7 fertilized, 3 to blast, 2 passed pgs ( BOYS)
    Sept 2015 - FET transferred 2 embryos passed PGS (BOYS)- BFN ( NO FROSTIES left )
    Dec 2015- ICH Brain hemorrhage
    April 2016- Start Birth Control Got cleared for IVF/ diagnosed with MTHFR gene mutation/ HUBBY HAS ABOVE NORMAL MORPH/COUNT/MOTILITY
    May 2016- Start meds for ER 
    May 1- Start Lupron for long lupron protocol
    May 13- Started Stims 300 follistim,75 menopur, 10 lupron stimmed for  10 days
    May 24-  16 eggs retrieved,  12 mature eggs, 8 fertilized, 5 to blast. qty 2 day 6 AA blast. qty 3 7 day blast grades AA and AB.
    Have 3 NORMAL PGS TESTED GIRLS. 1 "INCONCLUSIVE" embryo still good for use.
    7/8- Started AF and Estraidol patches
    8/2- FET scheduled ( HUBBY BDAY!!!) and my clinic automatically uses EMBRYO GLUE!
    8/2- Transferred 1 6AA pgs tested girl
    8/15 - Beta #1 137 I AM PREGNANT!!!! EDD 4/20/17
    8/17- Beta #2 269 
    9/1- MISCARRIAGE. Baby stopped growing at 5 weeks 3 days. 
    10/19- Have Baseline for IVF#3. Fresh transfer.
    10/21- Start stims 300 Follistim 150 Menopur and Ganirelix 
    11/2/16-ER 43 eggs retrieved. 15 mature. 9 Fertilized. All 9 still growing but 4 are leading and are 8 cell day 3 grade AA.
    11/7/16- Fresh transfer of 1 embryo
  • kjplaza said:
    @wifeinraleigh28

My DH only had 4 million but our RE said it was too low to even consider, ive read online ideally 10-20 million so i didnt even push the topic. keep me posted though id love to hear how things go. GL

My DH only has about 4.5 million too per his second SA. His first SA only had 2 Million. Our RE first said we probably will have to straight to IVF but after the second analysis she said we can try IUI first, if we want to. (Although they still think IVF would have the best chance.) Our insurance covers literally ZERO of anything, so we decided it is best for us to try IUI first. Good luck to all of you ladies!

Me: 28, DH: 30 Married July 2014  DX: Severe MFI- 3 failed IUI's, IVF #1 Egg retrieval June 4th 2016, 5 day transfer- BFP Baby Boy! EDD 2/25/2017. Our sweet miracle Carter Bennett arrived 2/12/2017 6 lbs, 2 oz 19 inches. <3 Surprise BFP!!! Baby Girl due 10/1/2018.

• Hello ladies,

I would love to buddy up I'm starting IVF in January 2016. I had both of my tubes removed September 3, 2015 because they both were blocked and filled with fluid, so my only opinion is IVF. I'm still learning and understanding everything. I'm so nerves and excited! 

Good luck ladies!!  

•  My DH first SA was also around 2.4 million. i would have probably opted to do IUI first but our RE didnt even give it as an option and where we live theres only 1 other fertility clinic and i didnt want to go through everything to get a 2nd opinion. Our clinic also only does FET so at least with the cost of IVF if we are able to freeze multiple embryos we have a full year to do as many transfers as we can. Our insurance doesnt help cover anything either. when do you start your first IUI?
    Me (28) DH (32)
    TTC#1 May 2014
    FET#1 May 2016  BFP 

• @kjplaza we decided to take December to just enjoy Christmas and not be stressing about treatments!! We will be doing our first IUI in mid January. That is good that FET is included! It is definitely a confusing process with so many things to consider. It really bothers me that insurance covers NOTHING. It makes zero sense that we can get "prevention" paid for, but not a dime for IF treatments. (In our state at least) :(.

• @takethelongway We will have our 2nd FET in January 2016 also☺️I'm excited and scared all at the same time, our last FET was. BFP but MC at almost 6 weeks, this time around we are doing PIO injections because of me starting to spot then bleed 3 days after 1st beta...... I'm hoping that's all it is, just the progesterone RE couldn't think of anything else it could be considering that I started to bleed so early.... Fingers crossed this baby stays with mama this time, your in my prayers too good luck and keep me updated please
  • How's everybody doing? I'm just waiting for AF to start and then I will start on birth control pills and find out the rest of my medication. This feels like the longest wait yet!
  • I am on bcp now....I go Monday to RE and will learn more about my med protocol/timeline. I just have to wait till January 1st when my new insurance kicks in that will cover IVF to start the authorizations and get everything going ASAP! After starting this journey last March and 3 IUIs later, I am ready for hopefully the last hurrah!
  • I had AF this week . starting a new pack of bcp Monday . Anxious for my Ivf teaching visit on December 23rd !! Been doing acupuncture every week to work on anxiety and sleep issues ! I want to be feeling good when I start my meds on dec 28!

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • I'm also waiting for AF to start, so I can start birth control, with IVF in early January!

And jeez, the waiting is making me crazy.  I'm still charting temps like a crazy person, so I know I ovulated late this cycle, but I can have short luteal phases.  My temp dropped this morning, so any minute...

And I ran into an acquaintance today who just had a baby, after years of struggling.  I was telling her how happy I was for her, and burst into tears.  It took me hours to remember, duh, AF is about to start, of course I'm going to cry at anything.

I'm 38 with low reserve, and maybe an adhesion pulling my right ovary off course.  7 failed medicated IUIs.  Self pay.  I have some experience with injections, though I'm anxious about the progesterone.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Looks like I'm officially joining you all! Had a really great meeting with RE today and as soon as my HCG levels go back to normal I'll start BC. I'm really hoping there aren't any issues with insurance. We have 50% coverage through my work but you never know what they will/won't approve without a hassle.
  • Ugh, probably won't be able to start BC until after the holidays - HCG is still hanging on at 20 but I go back next Tuesday for another blood test. If it doesn't go down by then, I'll be out of town until the new year and won't be able to re-test until then. Good news is that insurance approved IVF the same day my RE submitted the paperwork, so at least that is taken care of!

Happy Holidays' everyone!

• Hi!  Yes, I had my tubes removed b/c of bilat hydrosalpinx.  I was given the option to have them clipped, or removed, and after doing a moderate amount of reading I opted to have them removed.  I was told by my RE that it could reduce ovarian blood supply "a little" which made me nervous.  After 2 failed cycles (4 transfers of a total of 6 embryos) I am switching clinics.  Good luck in your current cycle!!
  • cutegreekgirlcutegreekgirl member
    edited November 2016
    Hi!  I am new to the board and will also do FET in January.  My tubes are blocked due to damage and scar tissue from fibroids and 5 myomectomies.