February 2016 Moms
Options

Belly Support Band/Belt

Does anyone use a belly support band/belt? What brand and style do you recommend?? My OB suggested wearing one during work (I'm active on my feet for 10-15hrs a day) to help alleviate back pain I've been having. There's so many options to buy.. Not sure which to get! Thanks!

Re: Belly Support Band/Belt

• Options
    I have nerve pain down my legs called meralgia paraesthetica. My physio has recommended I get a maternity belt. She suggested 'Oppo' brand. Mine is in the post... Fingers crossed it helps!
  • Options
    I don't know the brand I have. I don't think it's a very expensive one. My doctor just handed it to me one day during my last pregnancy. I pulled it out in the last week and it has been really helpful. It doesn't completely take the pain away, but I can immediately tell a big difference.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got the BRU store brand one. It was not expensive and works well.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ChelsRy1 said:

The one that just goes around/under your belly like a belt or the one that goes around and over?
  • Options

tabauder said:
    The one that just goes around/under your belly like a belt or the one that goes around and over?
    Mine looks like the first one - the BabiesRUs one:)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Mine is the first one too. It isn't pretty but you can hide it ok under clothes.
  • Options
    tabauder said:

ChelsRy1 said:

I bought the one that just goes around under the belly (looks like the one in the 2nd pic) last pregnancy from Destination Maternity and it was a waste of money. It slides down no matter how tight you wrap it and didn't fit well and did not help whatsoever. Try the other kind hopefully it works
  • Options
    My doctor gave me a script for one last pregnancy And I went to a medical supply company to order it. They measured me And ordered one to my body size. It was covered by my insurance also. I would recommend going this route so that it is the right fit for your body and need. @tabauder
  • Options
    When I was going to PT my therapist suggested I get one to keep my hips in line. She suggested just buying one off Amazon as they were cheaper than medical supply stores.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, to those who are wearing a belt: I feel like I wear mine a lot lower than the picture above. I think it goes completely below my bump in the front. Is that how you all wear it? Actually on your bump? I feel like that would be uncomfortable! No? I'm going to have to experiment in the morning to see if I'm wearing it too low. Maybe I'll get even more relief if I move it on up!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I wear mine how it looks on the picture, my bump is pretty big this then though so nothing really fits under my bump anymore.
  • Options
    I looked on amazon to find one that was so so in price but had a lot of good reviews and I ended up buying Gabrialla and I love it. I've tested it out not wearing it vs wearing it and the days that I don't wear it my back was kiling me by 3pm.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the input! I got the Gabrialla band off of amazon. Only used it two days so I'm not sure if it made a difference or not.. I'm still trying to figure out how tight and how high to wear it.
  • Options
    Question. My back is killing bought the Gabriella and it seems to work wonders! But of course now I am worried that I will some how hurt my baby if I wear it too tight. My next appointment is on the 9th so I so ask then but what do you all think. ?
  • Options
    If any of you plan on babywearing you can also use a wrap to wrap your belly/hips/back. I have two wovens that I've been using. It takes a couple tries to figure it outbut it's pretty, super comfy, and dual purpose! There are videos on YouTube as well.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy