Infertility

A week after HSG...is this normal?

I had An HSG done on 11/5 and didn't have much spotting or anything for the first few days but these last few days I have had quite a bit. Its mostly really dark but now has some brighter and I'm having some cramping which I don't normally cramp. Its been over a week. Is this normal? I also had another transvag US yesterday. I'm on CD17 but last month I started early after being started on metformin and this month I was put on bc for one month so maybe my cycle is thrown off?

Re: A week after HSG...is this normal?

• its almost a full on period now...I also woke up drenched in sweat so I'm assuming my hormones are completely out of whack. I go to the doctor on Wed thank goodness.
  • I haven't heard of this before. You may want to call your doctor Monday just in case. I hope everything works out for you!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are drenched in sweat you could be fighting an infection, which is common with HSG- I would recommend calling your doc immediately. Also, that much bleeding is not common. When I had mine I spotted for maybe 2 hrs
  • After my HSG, the doctors told me to expect light bleeding for a couple of days after, which I did experience. Were there any blockages or trouble with your HSG? I also agree with the PP who mentioned that with the sweating, you could be fighting an infection, which would be more common, I think if there were any troubles with the HSG. 
  • catkids3catkids3 member
    edited November 2015
    I had an appointment last week and my doc said it was breakthrough bleeding from being started on OBC. My actual cycle started today. No infection but I'm still having the sweating. There were no troubles with the HSG aside from discovering a Mullerian anomaly (arcuate uterus??) that they aren't too concerned about. However they want to check my kidneys because kidney anomalies are common with these uterine anomalies I guess. Aside from this I found out I have insulin resistant PCOS and I can tell if I eat more carbs I tend to sweat more at night if that makes any sense. Good times.