Health & Exercise

XBox Fitness Recommendations

Hi Everyone! I was using XBox Fitness before becoming pregnant and I really loved it. I'm at the point in my pregnancy now where I feel good enough to start exercising again and I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations on good workouts for pregnancy?

If not, I'll report back to the group after trying a few things :).

Re: XBox Fitness Recommendations

• Reporting back after day 1 (man, I hope this is interesting to someone, haha). I did Mossa Groove this morning and it felt great! I had to cut my workout short because my daughter woke up at 5:15 with a bad dream, but it was nice to get moving again.

My biggest take-away from this morning is to just listen to your body and try not to pay attention to the "goals" that XBox Fitness presents to you. You might beat some of your "bests" and you may not, but don't do anything that causes you pain.
  • I use an Xbox for Netflix only. Are these fitness programs things you've purchased?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • XBox Fitness comes with your XBox Live Gold Membership. I'm assuming since you have Netflix, that's the XBox Membership you have?

There are free workouts (Mossa brand are all free) and there are workouts you can purchase (P90X and Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 spring to mind).

You do need a Kinect to do the workouts. I would say if you have a 360 it's probably not worth it, even though Microsoft has made improvements theirs 360 Kinect is still crap. But if you have an XBox One I would say it's definitely worth it. The Kinect is way better and can track your movements in a smaller (ie, the type of living room most people have) space.