Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

I've returned *TW: MC/loss*

NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
edited November 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
As many of you know I was fairly active on this forum for a couple of months until I got my BFP Oct. 16th. DH and I had been "trying" since January 2015 and really trying hard with all the temping, charting, OPKs, BDing even when we're exhausted and not in the mood etc. since August. I very much enjoyed my time here with all you wonderful ladies and you all helped keep me sane. I was even a little sad to leave when it came time to join my BMB although I would have 100% preferred to just have all of you join me over on the BMB :)

****Trigger Warning*****

As time went on I got to see several of the ladies I'd become somewhat familiar with from the TTC boards over on the BMB and it was all very exciting. I started to suspect something was wrong when I realized I wasn't having any of the symptoms everyone else was having. I was exhausted all the time and had a decent amount of crampy "growing pains" but that was about it. I kept trying to tell myself everything was fine and not to worry. Maybe I was one of those lucky unicorns that has a 100% healthy pregnancy without all the yucky symptoms. I knew from my time here you shouldn't really consider yourself a unicorn though so I tried to prepare myself as much as I could for something possibly going wrong while trying to stay cautiously optimistic. At 6+3 I started having period-like pains with spotting and just knew. I had a complete spontaneous abortion (natural MC) over the weekend and here I am.

I can't really say I'm 100% ready to start trying again just yet. I have to at least wait for my hCG levels to finish falling to pre-pregnancy levels. My doctor told me to expect that to take a week or 2. I'm going to have it checked just before Thanksgiving to confirm it went back down. My doctor told me as soon as my levels finish falling I can start trying again if DH and I feel ready. We've talked about it and have decided it's what we would like we do. Neither of us feel like waiting to try will help us any with our grief over our loss. We both also very much want a take-home rainbow baby; now more than ever. I think maybe before our BFP having a baby was more something we wanted in theory but it still seemed like a distant possibility. After our BFP suddenly it was something very real and we realized just how much we'd wanted it. We realized just how exciting and wonderful the whole thing really is when it's more than just an idea or a plan for the future.

I think TTC will be a bit different for us this time. DH is now completely on board with all the temping, charting, OPKs and all the other nonsense that goes into putting in a good TTC effort. It was a little strange for me before to be doing all that and trying to hide it from DH so I didn't make him uncomfortable or put unneeded pressure on him. I'm hoping having him on board with everything will make me feel slightly less crazy. :))

I won't lie and say I'm totally and completely happy to be back here. Not because you ladies aren't lovely (because you are!) but because I was hoping I'd have a year or 2 before I was backing here trying for #2. However, if I have to do this whole TTC thing again so soon this is absolutely where I'd want to be to do it.
Me: 28 Husband: 31
TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I've returned *TW: MC/loss*

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My DH had the same response to TTC again after our loss. I hope your stay here is short and you get your rainbow baby soon!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. I hope your stay is short. Hugs to you. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, @NamelessAria , this post made me tear up. I'm so so sorry for your loss. Please be kind to yourself, and we will all be here when you are ready. Hoping for a sweet rainbow baby for you very soon.
    All the creepy internet hugs coming your way.
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this.  Hugs to you.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have a quick stay here. 
    DS - August 2013
    TTC #2 - July 2015
    MC October 2015 @ 8 weeks. Baby girl. 
  • Options
    My DH had a different reaction and I still don't feel 100% ready so we're waiting a couple of months. I get what you mean about how much fun this board is and I came back because of the same reasons even if we will be NTNP for a couple of cycles. I hope you get a BFP right away and get to bring your rainbow baby home in 9 months. Welcome back. Again, I'm so sorry that you're here. I hope we're the last ones to leave our BMB.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Aw I'm sorry!!!!

(Hugs)

Take your time, but we are here whenever you're ready to jump back in.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Your story sounds similar to mine. Welcome back and hugs.
    Me: 35 - DH: 34
    Married: 08/2009
    BFP #1: 11/2010 - DS born 07/2011
    TTC #2: 02/2014
    RE Dx-Unexplained IF: 06/2015
    BFP #2: 08/12/15 - MC 08/27/15
    BFP #3: 03/11/16 - CP
    BFP #4: 04/09/16 - DD born 12/2016  <3

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    I am so so sorry.  We are here to be supportive if you need it.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself.

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your stay is short!

• Options
    I'm so sorry @NamelessAria 
    It makes me so sad to see so many ladies like yourself returning to the TTGP board... Thinking of you 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    So sorry for your loss @NamelessAria!  Your story really got to me.  I hope your stay here is short!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for all the kind words and wishes. To the people I made sad: I'm sorry!

@AlwaysAuntNeverMom aw I can definitely understand needing to take some time. Hopefully you get your BFP for your rainbow baby soon after whenever you and your DH decide y'all are ready for all that again. It would be nice if we could end up back on a BMB together and actually get to stay the whole 9 months (or I guess 8 months since 1 month is here). And I really hope we're the last ones to leave also!

@ReesaAnne16 Seeing all the posts from returning ladies is definitely sad. I was hoping I'd be one of the only ones coming back. I guess with all the BFPs that happened in September and October there was bound to be several people returning but it doesn't make it any easier to see. Hopefully I'll be the last to return for awhile.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited November 2015
    Sorry for your loss, I am going through it too. I understand you, I want to jump right into TCC because I do not think waiting will help with the loss. But my doctor said it helps to have to cylce before trying again to a get everything reset. So that is the min of what I will be doing.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    So very sorry for your loss. I hope you get your take-home rainbow baby soon. ((creepy internet stranger hugs)) :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• Options
    Welcome back, I'm sorry it is under these circumstances. So sorry for your loss. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's a very hard thing to have to go through, hugs to you!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Welcome back! (Even though it sucks to be back, I know). Come join the TTCAL board if you haven't already. Also, a word of advice: it will be tempting to go back and visit your BMB from time to time -- don't. It will only remind you of what could have been. Good luck.
    Anniversary
    TTC since January 2015
    3/15/2015 BFP!
    4/15/2015 MMC  :'(
    2/25/2016 BFP! Hoping for the best!
  • Options
    Oh no @NamelessAria I am so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself. I am glad to hear that your hubby is all in for this go round, though. Hugs!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. I'm sorry you're having to go through this :(
  • Options
    I'm deeply sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers to you and your DH. {{hugs}}
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.

• Options
    So sorry for you and all the other ladies here that have suffered a loss and came back. Good vibes and positive thoughts sent your way!
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    This is sad to hear and I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of each other well over this time and good luck with the rest of your journey.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your time here is short. ((hugs))
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss!!

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Options
    So sorry for your loss, I wish both of you lots of strength in the upcoming ttc journey
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. Sending creepy virtual hug to you. Wishing you and your DH your rainbow baby and that your time back on this board very short.
    Me:29
    DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC#1: February 2015