Pregnant after a Loss

1:126 quad screen result

jkane6jkane6 member
edited November 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss
I am 17 weeks pregnant after losing our son at 40 weeks due to a placenta abruption last September. We just got our quad screen results back and it says we have a 1 in 126 chance the baby has Down syndrome. When we went for our 12 week ultrasound, the baby was measuring ahead so we could not get an NT measurement. We will go for the NIPT test and another ultrasound next week, but I'm freaking out. It will not change what we do with this pregnancy, we will love our baby no matter what. But of course every parent wants their child as healthy as possible. I know 1:126 is still less than 1%, but we've already been in the one percent. Has anyone had similar results and everything turn out to be ok?

Re: 1:126 quad screen result

• I haven't had anything similar happen but just wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm sorry this has to be so hard sometimes. It's just not fair.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so sorry that happened to you, I can't even imagine.

99.9% of the time everything is fine, those are just odds. Praying, but it sounds like you have a great attitude (and are extremely courageous) either way! Congratulations on your little one!