Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Positive hpt, neg test at dr office

Good morning!

So I posted a few days ago that I had a positive hpt and got started on progesterone. I saw my doctor today just to talk about some things and they did an in office pregnancy test. The test was negative. This is exactly what happened to me when I had my miscarriage. I had all these positive hpt and their test was negative. So my doc said that since I tested before I missed my period that I could have gotten false positives. The lines on my frer are getting darker each day. And I'm just freaking out because I feel like this is a repeat of last time. I felt like I wasn't taken seriously by their test was negative. How frustrating. Anyone ever get a false positive( or several false positives?)

Re: Positive hpt, neg test at dr office

• FRER are typically considered the most sensitive tests out there. The doctor's offices typically have the test strips similar to Wondfos. It could be that your HCG is still too low to detect on theirs. Did they consider doing a beta?
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I got a positive wondfo too, but it's very light. Yeah they did a beta, but I probably won't know until Monday.
  • Loading the player...
  • tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited November 2015
    How far along are you?
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
  • I haven't even missed a period yet. I got this positive way early. Which is one of the reasons I think they were annoyed I was there. Only 3w3d
  • tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited November 2015
    Makes sense. Your HCG is probably still very low. I would give it some time, a lot of doctors out there can be a little rough around the edges when seeing someone so early for the risk of CP and the fact that HCG is really low. Just remember, false positives are common but false negatives are almost impossible, especially since you've taken several tests.

ETA: That being said, I don'tknow how long it's been since your last miscarriage and whether or not they think it's a false positive because it hasn't been that long or maybe they didn't follow the levels back down to 0.

I don't know if you can read this chart... might be a little fuzzy.