June 2016 Moms
Options

when does the nausea go away?

Just about 6wks along and I swear, I've had a constant feeling of car sickness for the past week... I haven't thrown up yet but I'm wondering if forcing myself will make me feel any better. This sucks!

Re: when does the nausea go away?

• Options
    Try asking in the symptom thread.
  • Options
    It may go away today, and it may not go away! I recommend eating what you can, and asking the OB what they recommend for nausea. Mine recommended B6 and Unisom as needed. And I try to never let my stomach go empty. Even if it's just a few saltines. Hang in there!
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm almost 9 weeks and haven't been able to keep a meal down for 2 weeks! It's really taken a toll on my energy. So hopefully your nausea doesn't turn into full fledged MS! With DD mine never quite went away til well into 2nd tri
  • Options
    Second tri, typically 12 weeks for most women give or take a week.
  • Options
    For some ladies, it never does! 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    Everyone is different so it's hard to say. Mine usually goes away around 14 weeks. My SIL was sick for the entire pregnancy. I also suggest not letting your stomach get empty. Always have some sort of snack on hand to keep it at a bay. If it gets bad enough mention it to your doctor and they may have some suggestions. I was also told B6 and unisom last pregnancy.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    Soon i hope! :((
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 9w/3d and I've been in a little better shape the last few days. I'm still experiencing nausea but it isn't as constant/severe. Like PPs said, typically around 12 weeks is when most of us will start to feel better, but every woman and every pregnancy is different.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Last time, I was sick right up until the last couple of months... when the nausea was replaced by heartburn.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Never. Well possibly. I was sick with dd from 2 days before BFP literally until I pushed her out. All day. Every day. Thus pregnancy I've only gotten sick 4x (other than my stomach bug 2 weeks ago). Ginger helps if you can stand the taste. You can also try seabands
  • Options
    I am 9 weeks and I am really sick, I don't have the energy to do anything. My nausea is getting worse. I am with you on this, I hope we all get through it. I vomit three times a day, my throat is aching, my headaches are unbearable too.
  • Options
    I was literally nauseous and vomitting throughout my entire pregnancy with DD (I was even throwing up during labor!) I'm currently 7+1 and I am sick all day long! My story probably doesn't help, but I hope things get better for you.  
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    jervisamyjervisamy member
    edited November 2015
    I've found getting outside and taking a walk really helps! It's the last thing I want to do when I'm feeling awful but it really does help. With my first two pregnancies it didn't go away until around 16 wks. Praying it doesn't last that long this time because it's much worse this time.
  • Options
    Sorry to disappoint but it lasts longer than a week. Last time, I had it weeks 7-14. This time it started at 6 weeks. Hoorayyyyy...

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    *Lurking from April 16**

I think usually m/s should start lessening by 2nd trimester. I had it from weeks 6 till 13/14 weeks. Weeks 7-10 were the worst, but I feel so much better now, I'm still taking diclegis though.I haven't thrown up in 3 weeks and the all day nausea is gone. At the worst of it, I thought it would never get better, but just hang in there and take it 1 day at a time. I set a goal of reaching 14 weeks (this is when I read that a lot of women start feeling better) and felt one step closer as each week passed. Get as much rest as possible, and go get diclegis from your doctor, no need to suffer! Hope it gets better fast!
  • Options

Just about 6wks along and I swear, I've had a constant feeling of car sickness for the past week... I haven't thrown up yet but I'm wondering if forcing myself will make me feel any better. This sucks!

I lived like this last time from about week 6 or 7 to week14!!! It was awful :( then it came back in the third trimester.

Good luck.

• Options
    Week 14 was a turning point for me last time as well. I can wish for sooner is time but I'm guessing no such luck!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    acupuncture bracelets (motion sickness) really help me with nausea.  
  • Options
    It varies from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. My last, I was sick from 5-13 weeks. I couldn't keep anything down and was vomiting multiple times a day. I actually had to go to the hospital a few times because I was so dehydrated. (IVs helped so much though!) 

I have a girlfriend with hyperemesis gravidarum - basically "morning sickness" on steroids. She's 34-35 weeks and she still hasn't had relief. 

Basically, morning sickness does what it wants. It can come or go whenever. It sucks, yeah. And there's not much you can do to avoid it entirely. Just try to get sleep and talk to your doctor.