November 2015 Moms
Options

Holy Canoli, it's November! Roll call!

Re: Holy Canoli, it's November! Roll call!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    37 weeks and 3 days today. So ready for this little guy to make his appearance. He dropped two weeks ago and the pelvic pressure has been unreal. So grateful to have made it to full-term and just so ready to meet him, whenever he decides to come :).
  • Options
    Pontot31 said:

And just a little reminder to those who keep saying their baby is "fully cooked" at 37 weeks. That's not true any more. New ACOG guidelines are 39 weeks is considered full term. They will likely be fine at 37 weeks but you want them to get as much time as possible in there.

This is the only thing keeping me going! I so want to just throw in the towel and beg my OB to get this baby out, but I know it's best for baby to stay put! On the plus I was given the okay to start walking again and not worrying about taking it easy!
  • Options
    39+2, baby has drop and is in position, looking forward to meeting her!!
  • Options
    magnolia0212magnolia0212 member
    edited November 2015
    36and1. Still have a while to go, but have a feeling he will come a couple weeks early. Hoping he'll stay put until at least after dd's birthday on the 11th. Hoping for a vbac, but scheduled a section at 39and1 just in case. My first was huge, so not really wanting to go past 40 with this one. Pretty much everything is done, thank goodness.
  • Options
    39+6! i was feeling awesome until about 10pm last night, either I'm fighting a stomach bug or my body is cleaning house. I'm mostly ready, installing the car seat today. Other than that I just have some light cleaning and laundry which doesn't have to get done.
  • Options
    38W1D today...pretty much just need to have car seat installed. I wanted to get my car washed inside and out before I put in the car seat, and that part is done. I feel decent most of the time. I have a good bit of pressure (and am in the potty constantly) and I've had a couple episodes of contractions. I'm still working (teaching 11th grade) and plan to until baby's arrival, assuming baby and I remain healthy. I have my doc appt tomorrow, so I'm interested to see if there has been any progress. Last week, I was 70% effaced w no dilation.
  • Options
    39+2! Everything is done. We are now just waiting for him to decide when he is coming. Trying to keep myself busy. I've been feeling pretty gross this morning and having contractions that have yet to told a pattern.
  • Options
    37+5 today. My pregnancy has been amazingly easy so I'm not at the point where I'm ready to be done.. Except when it's bed time and I want to sleep on my stomach. My feet and hands have been swelling lately and I have pretty bad pelvic and crotch pain.. But other than that I've been feeling good. I'm ready to meet my little man but still have a couple of weeks before he should be making his arrival. I only have 2 more days of work so I'm excited to be done there and just be home and wait for him to arrive. I'm like a kid at Christmas time!
  • Options
    Pontot31 said:
    36+3. Still have quite a bit to do and I haven't been in a rush since his sister was a week late. I could get it done quickly though. My mom is coming for 3 days this week to help me finish things. I feel so much better at this point than I did with my daughter, too, which is nice. I really does feel like it was just St. Patrick's day and I was taking a pregnancy test. This year has gone by in a flash!
    I took my pregnancy test on St. Patty's day too! I was 99.9% sure I was NOT pregnant, but figured it'd be best to know before we went out drinking ;), good thing I checked. The first six months of this pregnancy dragged, but looking back, it really does seem like it went fast!
  • Options
    38+1. I'm mostly feeling good with lots of pelvic pressure. I have to get up every hour to pee so sleep is a bit frustrating. He's head down and pretty low but my cervix is still closed. I'm still working but running out of steam. Nursery is ready, car seat is installed, baby clothes are washed, and hospital bags are (mostly) packed. Now that it's November and I have nothing scheduled for the next few weeks, it's just a waiting game. I went into labor on my due date with my first so I'm hoping that means sooner rather than later for this one. Good luck, ladies!
  • Options
    I am 38 weeks today. 10 days until my repeat c section! 10 days! Crazy! I am definitely ready to meet this little guy and have my body back. I can't sleep at night due to heartburn, RLS and hip pain. We have everything ready for him!
  • Options
    39w4d here. Physically, I've been holding up well until today, but after hardly sleeping last night my body has apparently given up fighting off this cold and everything aches. My throat is also on fire, so I'm feeling pretty wretched. The house is as ready as it's going to be, and both DS and DH are getting really impatient. Emotionally, I've hit a wall and I can feel a complete freak-out coming on. We have an eight year old, so i know i can do this, but I'm scared and feeling fragile right now. I'm really hoping the change in how I'm feeling is my body getting ready to evict this nugget. I've had a pretty straightforward pregnancy, but I really don't enjoy it and I'm ready to meet our squish now.
  • Options
    36w2d! My doctor might induce at 38 weeks, crazy to think I will have a baby this month! The room is done, diaper bag is packed. I still need to pack my hospital bag and install the car seat. Best of luck to everyone for a smooth delivery.
  • Options
    EDD: Nov. 20th
    37+2 today. I feel great overall. No swelling and I think she has dropped due to the lack of rib pain and increased amount of pelvic pain. (Sometimes I feel like my pelvis is slowly being stretched apart). Everything is ready and we are patiently awaiting our little girls arrival!!
  • Options
    37w6 of course I'm ready to be done. It's hard to get up and down. I'm still working (hairdresser) but VERY modified schedule. Looking at the homestretch and I'm ready. Still have a few things left, bag to packing is the biggest. It doesn't take 5 minutes but I just haven't been very motivated. Lol. Strong BH but not consistant enough for a labor check. This isn't my first so I will know when it's time. Good luck ladies!
  • Options
    36+6 here. I'm doing surprisingly well but my pretty active job is taking a toll on my body. Thankfully my last day is the 12th so I will get some relief.
    Emotionally I'm excited but nervous! I can't wait to hold my little boy but I'm also terrified that I'm gonna be a terrible mom. I have no idea why but it's just an irrational fear I have.

For now I'm just taking it one day at a time. My doctor doesn't seem to think he will arrive early but he will be here whenever he decides to get here! His nursery is complete and we have almost everything we need to have him come home. I just need to double check our hospital bags and make sure those are good to go!
  • Options
    39w2d over here! Spent three hrs in labor and delivery last night. Contractions were coming in hot but died down. Dr said LO is very stubborn and is enjoying giving me a hard time. I have a feeling she'll be very punctual and come right on her due date on Friday. I am so ready to be done with this swelling and back pain. I can't wait to wear regular shoes again!
  • Options
    38+5 here! Baby has been dropped since 36w. Have an appointment at 39+2 hopefully they can tell me how much longer I have. Last weeks appointment baby boy was way down low and I was 2cm so hopefully I'm making progress. Everything is ready and I'm excited for baby boys arrival. EDD: 11/10 so any day now would be great, lots of pelvic pain!
  • Options
    38w1d...EVERYTHING is done and ready for baby...I think that may be the reason why I feel like time has stopped! DH and I are doing whatever we can to stay busy but I'm loosing my mind lol.
    A lot of cramping, back pain and BH contractions...hopefully its a sign that baby will be here in the next week or two!!
    Good luck ladies!!! <3
  • Options
    38w2d here and just really ready to meet our LO! Nursery is ready, car seat is in, hospital bag is packed. Just...waiting... Still cleaning the house as much as I can, and I want to make a few more meals but all that depends on my energy level! Can't wait to find out if we switch from team green to team pink or blue! Getting anxious for these next couple of weeks to pass!
  • Options
    38+4 today! I've been blessed with a cold that I can't seem to kick as well as horrible hip pain that won't let me sleep longer than 2 hrs at a time. But the end is in sight! Scheduled c-section because of some high risk issues on Tuesday!!! I'm still in denial about getting to meet my little lady in 2 days! <:-P
  • Options
    36+2 and I just started mat leave.  I am not due till the 28th but we're pretty much good to go.  I no longer sleep, basically ever, but other than that I'm doing alright.
  • Options
    38+3 and ready to meet our baby girl! Basically everything is ready just need to install the car seat base and if I feel inclined then prepare more freezer meals. Other than this horrible searing pain I get in my left leg/ pelvic area and occasional bh I feel pretty good. Baby has started to drop and I am 80% effaced. So glad it's November!
  • Options
    38 weeks today.   Not gonna lie...been feeling pretty miserable for the last few weeks.   Polyhydramnios SUCKS...I feel huge and swollen and sore.   Sleep is pretty much impossible these days I have such awful reflux.   Been kinda stressing on my lack of motivation/physical energy to get the last few things done but was hit with the nesting bug yesterday.   That moment when, at 10pm on Halloween night your 10-year-old son asks you to stop vacuuming so he can go to sleep!  LMAO.   Anyways, been getting lots of bouts of contractions and cramps which is always fun.   C-section scheduled for 8am November 9th and boy howdy I'll be ready!  My sister, her SO, and four kids (including 4 month old) are basically homeless atm and looking for a place so they have all been staying with us for the past month.   We only have a 3 bedroom house (about 1600 square feet) so needless to say things are pretty cramped and chaotic.   I am actually looking forward to my hospital stay just to get some peace and quiet and a room to myself for a few days lol.   Having them all here has put a big cramp in my grand plans for steaming carpets/deep cleaning house etc.   Sigh.   We still haven't settled on a name which is probably the biggest thing lol.   I am hoping the right one jumps out when we meet her!
  • Options
    36+3 and still feeling like I want him to just stay in there. Now that it's November I am getting a little nervous. Just don't know how if I am ready for our lives to completely change? Still left to do: install car seat bases ( put hubby in charge of this but doesn't seem like he understands my sense of urgency on this) I want him to take them somewhere to be installed and checked by a professional. I have to shop for button down pjs for the hospital. Write a few thank you notes from more gifts I got yesterday. Going to take one last donation bag to Goodwill. I really don't have that much left to do, I always like to be over prepared. My next doctor appointment is Wednesday- don't really have any plans this week as I stopped working a few weeks ago and I am enjoying it way too much
  • Options
    36w2d, physically exhausted and mildly uncomfortable at all times but that's the 3rd tri for ya! I'm psyched that this is my last week at work, I don't know how you ladies keep going to the last minute.

Feeling a little more prepared now that the nursery is painted and most of the furniture is in. Halfway through sorting baby stuff and hospital bag is half packed. We'll see if DS's room gets done before baby #2 arrives......
  • Options
    37weeks tomorrow, I finally got some contractions thursday and friday, and I was waddling like a duck because of the pressure. But it has been better since yesterday. Compared to a lot of ladies here I have no estimate of her size, and they havent checked my cervix yet. All I know is my EDD -+2 weeks accurate.... I had no lmp.

Everything is ready except bare walls everywhere, so I started painting. I have 3 more weeks to decorate the full house!
    No cleaning urges, no food in the fridge/freezer though.

• Options
    38 + 1 and so anxious! Friday was both DH and my last day of work. Nursery is done, house is spotless, freezer can't fit another freezer meal, baby clothes are washed. Now I'm regretting having it all done because I don't know what I'm going to do for two weeks if he doesn't come early!! baby dropped a few weeks back and I've been feeling some serious discomfort in the pelvis this week. I'm not going to lie, I was a nervous wreck for most of the pregnancy (fear of the pain, nervous about big changes etc), but the last couple weeks my mindset has really changed. I'm just soooo beyond excited to finally meet this boy that I don't care what pain I have to go through to do it and now that I've read a zillion books and taken classes, I feel more confident that I can keep the baby alive once he's out ;) hehe
  • Options
    5 days to go...Hopefully less! Feeling great. A few minor things like batteries but other than that everything's done and ready for LO'S arrival. Just anticipating her arrival now! So excited. Can't wait to meet her and bring her home for my girls to finally meet her.
  • Options
    37 and contractions coming a lot since last night. That and horrible bad pain. Was in labor and delivery last week for contractions every 5 min. But ultimately they stopped. We will see what today brings. Would really like 2 more weeks or so but he will come when he's ready I guess. Good luck all!
  • Options
    I am 36 weeks. Due date is November 27 but induction is on the 20th. Everything is completed just waiting I'm-patiently for baby boy to arrive ! Hope all is well with all the other mommas out there
  • Options
    39 weeks 3 days. Baby is really low and my doctor thinks he will be very long. Last app I was 60% effaced and 1-2 cm dialated. Can't wait to see this little baby's face!!! Hurry up!