Baby Names

Baby #2

BuzzBee614BuzzBee614 member
edited October 2015 in Baby Names
DD's name is Scarlett and we have a 9 letter last name that begins with S.

Thank you!

Baby #2 107 votes

Ruby
27% 29 votes
Gemma
59% 64 votes
Rose
13% 14 votes

Re: Baby #2

• I agree with PP, I would avoid naming 2 children with color names.  Therefore, my vote is for Gemma.
  • Loading the player...
  • I voted Gemma because I think it's the most beautiful name I've heard this year. However, I also think the red theme is adorable, so although my second vote goes to Ruby, I wouldn't frown upon Rose.
  • i went with Ruby because it's my best friend's name (so i guess I'm a little biased) & I've always thought it was really pretty (:
  • Ruby is my favorite, but not with Scarlett.

My vote would be Gemma Rose.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I have a Gemma Rose! Next baby will be Violet Noelle!
  • This exactly
    I like Gemma best, especially with Scarlett. I definitely wouldn't do Scarlett and Rose together. I kind of feel the same way about Ruby, too much red.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thank you all for your honest opinions. I appreciate it.

One concern I have is the association of Gemma with the sons of anarchy show. I'm hoping it'd be so long past the end date no one would remember... I had this name in my list from a baby name app years ago before I even knew about the show. My husband just binge watched on Netflix a few months ago and now I'm concerned about name associations. Any opinions? Thanks! :)
  • I immediately think SOA which since you've seen it you know is not a good thing, but I think in a couple of years no one is going to relate the name to her. My vote was for Ruby either way though. Good luck
  • Honestly I named my baby Gemma and never watched the show. I had a few people ask me and they were all family that watched the show and that's it. So I wouldn't really worry about that. To this day no one really asks if I named her that because of the show.
  • Gemma! One character on a tv show shouldn't be a deal breaker. People will always have some association with a name. Rose is really pretty but maybe too much color association with Scarlett, kinda corny. I would veto Ruby simply based on its crazy popularity this past year (from what I have seen anyways).
  • I love Gemma. If it wasn't my sister's name I would consider using it myself!