September 2015 Moms
Options

Painful to watch husband give a bottle!!!!

Anyone else have a husband who doesn't know what they are doing when they give a bottle? I show my husband time and time again of how to do it and he ends up holding him a different way... My baby doesn't drink properly when my husband feeds him... I do
95 percent of the feedings but when I'm pumping sometimes he gives a bottle because I can't and I hate watching him. He doesn't have patience for one thing when giving the bottle. I wanted to go out for dinner next weekend with a friend but feel
I can't because my husband will have to feed him and I'm
Worried. Advice tips? My baby is 6 weeks old

Re: Painful to watch husband give a bottle!!!!

• Options
    I second what PP said. Just let him figure it out. My mom drives me nuts when she feeds LO. She gives him a sip for like 30 seconds, then puts it down and fiddles with him - rearranges him or wipes his face - then he starts screaming for it back. She looked at me with a look of defeat once, and I said, "Well... Stop taking his dinner away from him!" Lol!! She will learn sooner or later ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Stop watching him feed the baby. Find someplace else to be, and let him learn his way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Me: 28, DH: 33
    Conceived DD in <1yr w/o assistance
    TTC#2 since 11/2013
    DX: PCOS
    Benched pending conf of Rubella immunity
    Next Cycle: CLOMID round 1

• Options
    Yes I agree with the pp. No one else caring for our babies will do it quite like us☺️ it can be difficult to zip it when watching others do things a different way but the sooner you're able to be okay with that the better off you will be!
  • Options
    hopeful87-2hopeful87-2 member
    edited October 2015
    I agree- I forced myself to leave the room at first because I always wanted to correct/give advice. Now my husband does her last feeding every night and I love it. It's so cute that they have their own little routine together. I had to give him space to let them build
    That though and to figure Eachother out. Your husband doesn't want a fussy baby either so he will figure out how to do things for your baby eventually.