July 2016 Moms

Baby Nicknames...

2»

Re: Baby Nicknames...

• I tell H his demon seed is inside me. Or the tick. It's sucking the life out of me.
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @veganpreggo we've been calling ours "poppy seed" as well. I asked DH what we'd call it when it's no longer poppy seed sized, and he said "tadpole." So my plan is just stick with poppy seed regardless!
  • Loading the player...
  • DH has been calling it "son". That's it. He wants a boy so bad. I don't really use nicknames with this one. Sometimes I'll just call it "this one". You guys make me feel like I need to step up my game.
    With DD I called her Blah Blah until I got DH to help me pick a name. Our families couldn't stand it.
  • I've just referred to baby as baby but at work they've nicknamed baby- Thor (I'm only 5w 5d so gender is still unknown) it's kinda a code name since not everyone at work knows yet.
    First Pregnancy
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 27
    Fiance: 29 
    Step kids: 9&7
  • Spunky. It's cute, but came from a gross conversation. Husband and I were listing off funny words for cum, and I said spunk, and said that we should call the baby Spunky. Lol It stuck.
  • Midi, short for midichlorian. Star Wars reference. Made sense to me and H
  • Baby M.  Both of our first names and our last name start with M.  It's very possible this baby will have an M first name as well.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Right now just Baby B. Once we know we are in the clear maybe we will come up with something better!

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Usually the Claw (potential acronym for the baby's name) or Bito ( Bun in the Oven).
  • I started out wanting to call it Baby Bee (DH and I are beekeepers), since that's sweet and adorable, buuuuut....I call ours Wombat (after one of the answers in this post), and since we aren't finding out gender, it'll be Wombat for a good, long while. At least they're cute!
  • I started calling ours Pea, because soon it will be the size of a pea and it's a play on our name. DH thinks that's a stupid name. He wants to call it "the killer of dreams" but I told him that was not an acceptable choice.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • edited November 2015
    We call ours our little SweetPea! It works for either boy or girl ^^. Once we find out the sex we'll start using the name, but I have a feeling SweetPea will still be the nickname even after the birth ;3
  • We're calling ours Flauta. Because we love food and we were eating Mexican food when we were talking about it.
  • We call it BB. Or I do. Mostly DH just calls it "It" or "baby". I think we'll come up with something better once we actually see it, or hear a heartbeat. :)
  • little bean :) at least until it grows into something that looks less bean-like

Pregnancy Ticker

• Ours is wolverine bean, because wolverine is my favorite character ever and my husband's name is Logan. On top of that, wolverine is immortal and I know my lil alien is a survivor!
  • my sister has already coined "Kitten" but hubby and I are calling it the little seed since the bump had it as a poppy seed then an apple seed.
  • I think with what I posted before we now have stuck to gummy bear! Until about 12-14 wks I think it still looks like a gummy bear on an ultrasound.

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• I've been calling mine the munchkin. I call my best friends 3 year old that too though..
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Lmao my husband started calling it "Tadpole"
  • Tina. Why? No clue
  • I have been callkng it apple seed or lil apple because when O found out I was pg it was the size of an apple seed. Not too original but thats okay.
  • WVUPetuniaWVUPetunia member
    edited November 2015
    We call it Goomba... Like the Mario enemy, haha.  No idea why.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • ....is it bad that we call it "spawn" or "parasite"? I promise we love our future baby, I'm just so tired and feel like the life is being sucked out of me! When we're around other people we call him/her "the baby". We called DD the same when I was pregnant with her
  • We don't have a nickname yet. With my first pregnancy, we called my DS, plum.
    DS - March 9th 2014 TTC #2 - May 2015 BFP - October 2015 EDD - July 7th 2016
  • My husband called ours the Spriggan before we even got the BFP, and it stuck.
  • We're calling ours bun or sticky bun....I work in pastry.
  • Little Blue for us, since it was the size of a blueberry and then we went to the dr. a week later and found out my due date was a week behind so back to little blueberry this little one is. Little blue just stuck from there :)
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• We've been calling it Squirt after a cute monster from a video game that my husband plays.
  • We are 100% certain we conceived on Halloween (early morning IUI that day) and so are calling our ours Little Boo!
  • Ours is jackabee, hence the sn. My bf and I are both in the military and its a combination of our last names. Our friends actually came up with it jokingly after we stated dating and were always asking when we would be having a little jackabee. 2 years later, now we actually have one! :)
  • Lilena. Her name will be Lillian Elena so that's going to be her hashtag/nickname.

No, we have no idea if it's a girl, but I choose believe it will be :)

Also, for the record, I only call her this in my head because we're not talking about it with people yet anyway.
    Me: 28
    DH: 29
    Married: 7/4/15
    TTC #1 since marriage
    BFP 11/17/15 -- EDD 7/31/16

• My friend gifted me a psychic reading last year, which turned out to be super awesome (and, eerily, super correct). When she was talking about this baby she referenced HG Wells, so we've been calling it HG. I also teach preschool so the plan is to tell the kids I'm pregnant after winter break and let them come up with a nickname for the baby. Who knows, based on what they named the chickens it could get kind of dicey (i.e. "Snake twitch")

• I'm calling it babybug because one of my sisters calls me bug.
    Married 10/12 & TTC since 09/15
    BFP #1 11/06/15 - EDD 7/14/16 - MMC 12/14/15 - D&C 12/22/15
    BFP #2 03/13/16 - EDD 11/26/16

• J.J.

First J is DH's first name, second is Junior. No , we will not use a Jr. Ever.
  • I've been binge watching Doctor Who lately so I've been calling him/her Pond, because I giggle a little to myself whenever I can say "Come along Pond" in my head whenever I'm going somewhere.
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our little pea
  • The one that has finally stuck is G-Unit

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• T-Rex. Boy or girl, the name will start with T. Siblings' nicknames are Xman and Cmonster so we think it goes will with those.
    imageimage

image"AlternaTickers">image
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers