September 2015 Moms

6 weeks and DS stiffens whole body- what's going on?

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.. My DS randomly stiffens his whole body and locks all of his joints so he's stiff as a board and is long as one! (He's 6 weeks) He also thrashed his head around and he seems very agitated when he does it and it's hard to get him to relax but it only lasts for max 30 sec at a time. Anyone experiencing this or any insight would be great..

Re: 6 weeks and DS stiffens whole body- what's going on?

• My 8-week-old likes to stiffen his joints too, especially his legs when I'm changing his diaper which makes things difficult! He usually does it for maybe 10 seconds and I just kind of move his leg a bit until he loosens it up.
  • I'm pretty sure it's from growing pains
  • Loading the player...
  • Usually when my LO does something similar, he's trying to pass gas or a BM. It might be digestive discomfort.
  • That's how mine acts with gas.
    ----------------------------
    BFP#1: 01.06.2015 ... Baby Boy Due Date: 9.14.2015 FTM! :)
  • That's what my LO did with reflux before she was on meds.
    Married 6.21.2014
    DD #1: 8.16.2015
    #2 EDD: 1.13.2019
  • DS does this with his reflux, I read somewhere that they are attempting to elongate their esophagus to try and alleviate the problem.
  • They need to be adjusted at the Chiropractor. The birthing process is hard on their little bodies.
  • amykrellamykrell member
    edited November 2015
    My baby does this literally all the time. He is the stiffest baby I've ever seen. Apparently my husband was exactly the same way when he was baby and the dr isn't concerned at all. He is just a strong little bugger and likes to show off, I guess? :)
  • Yes. It's gas. LO does this and it's often followed by a big fart.