Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY Spooktacular Edition - For those who love Halloween!

With Halloween tomorrow I thought this would be fun!

Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume?
Do you pass out candy?
What's the best costume you've ever seen?
What's the best costume you've ever worn? 
What's your favorite Halloween movie?
Favorite Halloween related GIF:

Re: GTKY Spooktacular Edition - For those who love Halloween!

• Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? NO! Unfortunately.
    Do you pass out candy? I wish! We live waaaay back in the woods away from town so no trick-or-treaters.
    What's the best costume you've ever seen? Two blue people from Avatar. Blue body paint and all, it was cool.
    What's the best costume you've ever worn? A witch costume (I know, kinda boring)
    What's your favorite Halloween movie? Anything by Tim Burton
    IUI #1 November 2015 - 0% Motility
    IVF #1 January 2016 - (FAIL/Over-suppressed)
    IVF #2 May 2016 - (FAIL/25 eggs, 1 5BB xx, PGS abnormal)
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume?
    Yes, my sister is really good at making great costumes from scratch, so she is fashioning us some fairy wings and painting our faces. 

Do you pass out candy? We won't be this year since we are taking DD trick-or-treating

What's the best costume you've ever seen? Some friends did this glow stick figure costume last year and it blew my mind.

What's the best costume you've ever worn? Mia Wallace from "Pulp Fiction" 4 years ago. I had the syringe in my chest and everything.

What's your favorite Halloween movie? Nightmare before Christmas 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• OH my god, @katetastrophem. Great minds!
    Anniversary       

• MrsRo731MrsRo731 member
    edited October 2015
    Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? Not this year 
    Do you pass out candy? Hells yes
    What's the best costume you've ever seen? A set of boobs
    What's the best costume you've ever worn? Similar to @katetastrophem and @TheTamedShrew, I was Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction and DH was Vincent Vega. 
    What's your favorite Halloween movie? The Nightmare Before Christmas
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? Yes! I am going to be Gertie from E.T., and my husband is going to be Elliott.

Do you pass out candy? We usually do, but this year we are going to a Halloween party. We just moved into a new house and don't see too many kids on our street, so I don't anticipate a lot of trick or treaters anyway.

What's the best costume you've ever seen? I enjoy the ones where people put a lot of time into make up and completely transform themselves to someone unrecognizable.

What's the best costume you've ever worn? As an adult, I'd say last year. I was Lt. Dan, and my husband was Forest Gump. He pushed me around in a wheelchair all night. It was great. As a kid, my mom had a friend that made us costumes.  I was Maleficent when I was 6 or 7.  It was awesome. I still have the costume and hope to pass it on to my kids one day.

What's your favorite Halloween movie? Scary movies are my favorite. I love Scream and the Strangers.  And Hocus Pocus, of course. I am a child of the 90's after all.

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? Yes! We are Quailman aka Doug Funnie and Patty Mayonnaise.  I posted a pic of our costume in the AW Wednesday thread.

Do you pass out candy? We never have because we lived in an apartment complex for several years that did trick or treating at the club house. We are this year tho since we just bought a house in a neighborhood with kids.

What's the best costume you've ever seen? I'm not sure, I've seen a lot of really good ones.

What's the best costume you've ever worn? I loved our Joker and Harley Quinn costume but I also really love our costumes this year.

What's your favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus, Nightmare before Christmas, Nightmare on  Elm Street

Favorite Halloween related GIF: Same as you, @katetastrophem.  I love him!

Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? We are going to a costume party tonight and dressing as Ceiling Fans. You know...baseball shirts with a logo that says "Ceilings" on it, foam fingers, beer helmets. We are cornballs.
    Do you pass out candy? Yes! We found out that our neighborhood is HUGELY popular for Trick-or-Treat and I LOVE it!
    What's the best costume you've ever seen? In Disney World one year I saw a baby dressed as Boo from Monsters' Inc being carried by a Daddy dressed as Sully. TOO CUTE.
    What's the best costume you've ever worn? My dad and I made a robot costume for me in 6th grade and it was awesome. 
    What's your favorite Halloween movie? The Nightmare Before Christmas 
    Favorite Halloween related GIF: OK, I will figure out how to do this and get back to you. I don't feel like I'll fit in until I GIF it out...
  • Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? Not this year - but we have bank robber costumes at the ready if DH changes his mind and wants to go out. 

Do you pass out candy? YES! (I love seeing all the little kid costumes :) )

What's the best costume you've ever seen? A Transformer - one of our friends made himself into a tank with cardboard boxes... it was pretty cool and I wish I had a picture of it. 

What's the best costume you've ever worn? Last year DH and I were Drunk 1 and Drunk 2

What's your favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus
    hocus pocus animated GIF
    halloween animated GIF
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• DanyTargaryenDanyTargaryen member
    edited October 2015
    Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? Nope
    Do you pass out candy? Yes, but we don't get many trick or treaters.
    What's the best costume you've ever seen? IDK, I'm totally blanking right now. I'll come back if I think of something.
    What's the best costume you've ever worn? Eh, nothing exciting. I always just bought something from the store.
    What's your favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus!!
     Not a morning person so...
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!
  • Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume?  My DH has a nephew that was born on his birthday which was 10/28 but they are having the birthday for the nephew tomorrow afternoon and everybody is dressing up.  Usually we go to DC for Halloween but wasn't going to happen this year for a few different reasons so I believe we are going to dress up as gangsters tomorrow.

Do you pass out candy? Most of the time we are not home and our neighborhood was lacking in kids, but we've since moved and there are quite a few homes in the new neighborhood that really go all out so we've been told to expect quite a crowd of kids tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it actually and we may have  a fire after the kids are settled down with the neighbors  :)

What's the best costume you've ever seen? The first year we went to DC we saw these people that were the 3 French Hens.  Their costumes were insanely good and hand made.  A few years ago up there, there were 2 guys dressed as Rock em Sock em Robots.  Crazy good and hand made also and the costumes had moving parts just like the game.  Very cool.

What's the best costume you've ever worn? we have pretty good pirate costumes, my DH's is really good actually

What's your favorite Halloween movie? I don't know that I have one

Favorite Halloween related GIF: I'm lame and STILL don't know how to do this.....yes, I know i can google it.....yes, i know there have been instructions multiple times given.....lame
  • Bubblegum5586Bubblegum5586 member
    edited October 2015
    Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? Yes! Already had a party last weekend and another this weekend! We are going as Wayne and Garth from Waynes world... I posted a pic in the AW Thread a few days ago. We have a 3rd party on the 7th that if we go I think we'll wear out 20's costumes from another party as I think 2 weeks in a row is enough of one costume.
    Do you pass out candy? Yes, this is our 2nd year at our house. Unfortunately we live in an older neighborhood so not a lot of kiddos... hoping that changes in the future as the neighborhood changes over!
    What's the best costume you've ever worn? My favorite is from 4 years ago, 6 of us went at the clue characters! I was Mrs. White with the lead pipe and H (still BF then) was Mr Green with the rope. A whole photo-shoot ensued at the party of the 6 of attempting to kill each other and others at the party with our weapons... would love to bring those back one day!
    What's your favorite Halloween movie? I am not a fan of scary things... but love watching the Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors!

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume?  I am going to try to throw together something quick and cheap tonight.  Perhaps zombie makeup.

Do you pass out candy?  Yes!  We live in a relatively safe neighborhood in a city so we get a ton of kids who are mostly adorable and polite.  I spent $40 on candy yesterday to make sure we are well stocked.  

What's the best costume you've ever seen?  My best friend is awesome at Halloween, and she did a great Robin Sparkles one year.  

What's the best costume you've ever worn? I love Halloween but am not super into the costume part.  It was probably my horseback rider costume from when I was a kid.

What's your favorite Halloween movie?  Hocus pocus

• CClark2014CClark2014 member
    edited October 2015
    Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? Eh, I didn't really come up with anything good, so my girlfriend and I are going to be Starbucks cups.  She is really excited about it 8-| 
    Do you pass out candy? Yep, we moved into a great Trick or Treat neighborhood a couple years ago.  I love it!  They start coming around 5 and we have to turn off the lights around 11.    We are well stockpiled for candy!

What's the best costume you've ever seen? Last year a whole family (mom, dad, 2 school age kids, and baby) were a totally decked out Day of the Dead.   It was really awesome. 

****Edit to add:  Did anyone see the post today from HONY?  The Peacock is amazing

What's the best costume you've ever worn?   Dorothy.   Its still one of my favorites.

What's your favorite Halloween movie?  Hocus Pocus

Favorite Halloween related GIF:  I'll have to come back for that. 
    Married since 9/2014
    TTC since 7/2015
    BFP 12/24/2015 Miscarriage 3/4/2015 at 14 weeks
    Baby Girl BFP 9/10/2016 EDD 5/23/17  

• Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? Yes, Queen of Hearts

Do you pass out candy? If we're home

What's the best costume you've ever seen? Parents turned their son's wheelchair into an ice cream truck with him as the ice cream man. 

What's the best costume you've ever worn? I was a man two years ago

What's your favorite Halloween movie? Hocus Pocus

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? I dressed up today at work as a wizard dressed as a muggle complete with wand, bathrobe & gardening hat.
    Do you pass out candy? Not this year, we won't be home
    What's the best costume you've ever seen? My SIL dressed as a bumblebee one year
    What's the best costume you've ever worn? A graduate
    What's your favorite Halloween movie? Halloweentown - Disney
    httpss-media-cache-ak0pinimgcom564x9c95d69c95d674dd5cf4fca6bd9d384e78e24bjpg
    LFAF February Siggy Challenge - "Favorite TV/Movie Couple"

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload26b89148c7b33ea94ce2d81113588d17jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadd47bf7ca05f00f6cf5bf636c32d9a75bjpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload8eecaf9159c3ef2d76474f4858e0ca7cjpg
    httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploada6e4cbc633a118da3abd087f7518f2c8jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadc77e51750c881e1e2ec7bd004e796cd3jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload54f663537b430163ad7fac1203ceb664jpg

Me: 28 | DH: 29
    DD: 10/17/13
    TTC#2 Actively: 10/14, NTNP: 01/14
    Left-Sided Hydrosalpinx (cause: genetic abnormality, TREATED 11/16)

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/396b04

• Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? DH and I took the easy way out and got a couple of cheap witch hats. 
    Do you pass out candy? This is our first Halloween in our house! I am so excited to do this. 
    What's the best costume you've ever seen? When I was at MICA, another student went as zombie muppets. He was dressed up as Jim Henson, and had a muppet kermit which would periodically attack him, and he would fall down screaming. It was creepy, on SO many levels.
    What's the best costume you've ever worn? Allison in Wonderland ;)
    What's your favorite Halloween movie? The nightmare before Christmas

• Are you dressing up this year? What's your costume? Nope, not this year
    Do you pass out candy? Yes, and when older kids come to the door with just a mask...yeah they get one piece...put some effort into it!
    What's the best costume you've ever seen? gumball machine
    What's the best costume you've ever worn? tinkerbell!!!
    What's your favorite Halloween movie? Nightmare Before Christmas
    Favorite Halloween related GIF: while I do like the dancing pumpkin man....here's another one :)

TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker