December 2015 Moms

FFFC 10/30

Re: FFFC 10/30

• I just realized what BTDT was while reading a thread yesterday. It dawned on me epiphany style. I had figured out the meaning of it, but couldn't for the life of me decipher what the acronym actually stood for and didn't care enough to google.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hubs brought home Dunkin Donuts for breakfast on his way home from work and I had to take the egg out of my egg, cheese and bacon croissant sandwich. Eww.eggs.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hubs brought home Dunkin Donuts for breakfast on his way home from work and I had to take the egg out of my egg, cheese and bacon croissant sandwich. Eww.eggs.

I had to do this same thing WITH the same thing for my husband this morning! He says it's a texture issue.
  • My FFFC: I have had my "I'm totally livid with everyone on the planet" face on all morning with no apologies.

Explanation as to why: So my Twatwaffle Tuesday was about how the doctors office didn't care about my uti. I had yet to hear back my results (after multiple calls) by my appt this morning. Long story short: I have a uti and meds were called in tuesday. No one thought to tell me, the patient, that. Then I run to DD and was pulled to the side to wait on food for about 10 minutes. As I'm leaving, I pass the same UPS driver who couldn't follow road signs and address numbers for me to get my packages on time the other day. I pay for Amazon Prime for a reason.

Now that I have complained and vented... I guess I can smile and enjoy the rest of this LOVELY Friday. :)
  • My FFFC... I'm more having a "I'm annoyed with everything and everyone, but I have to keep up a nice, patient front because everyone else are sensitive, fragile snowflakes who freak out at every little thing" day. 

I'm trying to be proactive and finish up a really important exhibit plan draft that needs to go to the client on Wednesday and still needs peer reviewed by like three different people, but the folks in a different department are dragging their heels on getting me the information I need for it. On top of that, I'm completely overwhelmed with house organization issues (we have no room for baby) and my DH lacks any motivation to address it, AND I really really really am not feeling going to my MIL's for a Halloween party tomorrow where it is always too crowded and hectic anyway, with a bunch of people and kids I don't know, and the food is hit or miss, but this year I'll also have to constantly field pregnancy-related comments and questions. 

And I really really really want a glass of wine. And sushi. or a big old plate of gnocchi (which I totally could eat, but I'm too lazy to make it). 

Phew. Rant over. Thanks for that.  
  • Today is movie day in my classroom. I will be sitting at my desk enjoying my one cup of coffee and pretending I don't have hours of paperwork, reports, and IPE's to fill out for the end of the month.  
  • I'm not sure if this counts, but I decided to phone it in on Halloween this year! I also thought about not participating at all. I usually enjoy handing out candy. I love seeing the little ones dressed up!

Last year we only had 6 kids (I blame Trunk or Treating) and thought why put a ton of effort into decorating. We will carve pumpkins as its a tradition for hubby and I, and I decorated our mail box, and just bought some pumpkin tree ornaments so I will throw those in the trees in my yard!

I'm also hoping that we only get 6 kids this year so that I can eat the candy we bought!
  • I've been really good about avoiding all this Halloween candy due to gd. Today there are buckets of candy all around the office- left over from the meeting I skipped yesterday so that I wouldn't be tempted. I stopped and grabbed three mini kit kats and have already eaten two. I'm hoping if I scarf them now, it'll be out of my system by the time I test after lunch. :/ sorry baby, please don't grow huge from this sugar splurge!!
  • ammnam14 said:
    I'm anxiously waiting for November 1st...so I can buy 50% off Halloween candy!!
    I'm anxious for November 1st so I can buy all my Halloween decorations!
    Due 11.16.17
    Baby Girl 12.9.15
    MC 2.1.15 @ 5 W - Chemical
    MC 4.7.14 @ 21 W - Turners Syndrome

• Second confession, I made puppy chow/muddy buddies two days ago and they're already gone.

Yummmmm...I love that stuff! Now I'm thinking about making a batch for myself. And hiding it from DH so he doesn't eat any :))
  • I left work at 12:30 today. I have worked 50 hours already, and I have a terrible cold, but I still feel the need to "confess" this because I would never do this if I wasn't pregnant.

Also I will now be putting the ingredients for muddy buddies on my grocery list for tomorrow.
  • I'm still in my pjs (don't think I'll be changing out of them) and am considering going through the Starbucks drive thru! No shame, happy Friday!
  • Me and my husband ate a bag of marshmallows in three days. :)
  • My FFFC... I'm more having a "I'm annoyed with everything and everyone, but I have to keep up a nice, patient front because everyone else are sensitive, fragile snowflakes who freak out at every little thing" day. 

I'm trying to be proactive and finish up a really important exhibit plan draft that needs to go to the client on Wednesday and still needs peer reviewed by like three different people, but the folks in a different department are dragging their heels on getting me the information I need for it. On top of that, I'm completely overwhelmed with house organization issues (we have no room for baby) and my DH lacks any motivation to address it, AND I really really really am not feeling going to my MIL's for a Halloween party tomorrow where it is always too crowded and hectic anyway, with a bunch of people and kids I don't know, and the food is hit or miss, but this year I'll also have to constantly field pregnancy-related comments and questions. 

And I really really really want a glass of wine. And sushi. or a big old plate of gnocchi (which I totally could eat, but I'm too lazy to make it). 

Phew. Rant over. Thanks for that.  
    Feelin you on that glass of wine girl! Been having some stress with Dr.s office not returning calls and conflicting info from insurance and such. Winding down with a glass of something would be sooo nice.
  • My confession... I have GD but DD is measuring small, so I'm not always the best about counting my carbs. Her size is my demise :-$
  • Mother0fDragons what is this puppy chow/muddy buddies that you speak of and how can i make it?
  • @kristen2b made me want pie. So cruel. I am definitely going to find one later and not share it.
  • Daphneh28Daphneh28 member
    edited October 2015
    I had the most awesome dream of getting drunk on delicious cocktails with my girlfriends. It was so real. I felt the alcohol running thru my veins. Does it make me sound like an alcoholic? Lol! I'm not! Im just from New Orleans. I asked my SO for a bottle of Taittinger champagne to be had at the post Partum/ recovery room. I'm totally serious too. Just a glass people.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

• ammnam14 said:

I'm anxiously waiting for November 1st...so I can buy 50% off Halloween candy!!

I'm anxious for November 1st so I can buy all my Halloween decorations!

I was at the grocery store today, and there was almost zero Halloween candy! It was all Christmas candy, and definitely not on sale. I was very sad about that.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Amazon has a lot of 50% off Halloween candy in their deals section ;)