November 2015 Moms

Advice

Hey guys! I've posted about some of my situation before asking for advice on the last name for my baby because her father is basically a p.o.s cheater but he has taken it to a new level now. He's now saying he doesn't care about the baby at all and refers to me and her as "hoes" ....? Yeah I don't understand that either. He has done nothing to help out with her and makes all types of excuses for it. Basically tells me I'm worthless and "fuck you and the baby".... so as you can see he wants nothing to do with us but is there a for sure way to keep him out of her life? Has anyone gone through anything similar? I would love to hear everyone's opinions and stories.

Re: Advice

• Document all texts, calls, messages and emails. Go to the police for harassment, they should be able to give you a no-contact/no trespass order. They will probably tell you to block him on all social media and his number. If you have it documented, it can be legally brought into court if he ever were to fight for rights or custody.  
    I haven't been through it myself but I've seen where this escalates and turns into much worse because people didn't get the help they needed in the beginning. Don't list him as the father, put him on the birth certificate and have zero contact with his family. (Goes without saying to give that beautiful baby your last name.)

You're strong, you're a fighter and you've got this. 

This is great advice. I just want to add that I think you can write "unknown" under father on the birth certificate. @BowWowBowie that's probably what you meant but I'm just having trouble with English so early in the am... now of course this won't guarantee he will stay out of your life, he can always come back and push for his right to see his child but if he's already denying her existence and yours, chances are he'll stay away. Of course you can give her your last name as well.

Remember be strong, you can do this. You and your daughter deserve better.
  • Loading the player...
  • No real advice, but best of luck, momma!
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Thank you everyone for your advice and support!
  • You're most welcome, I hope things settle down for you. Just think, soon you'll be snuggling your perfect little baby. If you ever need someone to talk to you can message me! 
  • I record all of the conversations between my ex & I. I also screenshot all texts & I have an attorney saved in my phone just to be prepared. If I were you I would talk to one as soon as you can so you will know all of your rights & what could happen in any scenario... You deserve peace & comfort. I'm sorry you are going through this. Like PP says, just stay strong & get ready to hold that precious baby!
  • Everyone is different but I think you should not put him on the birth certificate because once you do that it is difficult later to do things without his permission. Ex. Get passports and things. I know that from experience. I actually had to track down my ex to get my girls passports for vacation and then he gave me a hell time after not even knowing if they were dead or alive for 4 years. Now all of a sudden he cares why I need passports for them. Anyway, I also suggest keeping records of everything he sends you as you probably will need it. My ex has not been in our lives since my DD1 was 2 and DD2 was newborn. I have pictures of him if they ever ask to see him and they know all about him. I've never said anything bad about him to them because they came from him and I'd never want to make them feel they are a part of anything bad. He's terrible BTW. But they themselves don't consider him thier dad (i mean they don't know him really) and my husband is thier dad. Anyway, not on BC, your last name, keep good records and stay strong. It is hard. Sometimes you see that beautiful baby and can't fathom how someone could not care but she will have all the love she needs from you! Lose all contact with him!!!!!
  • Yup I'd say document everything and call a lawyer.
  • Deffinetly contact the court system. You can also look up legal aids who might be able to assist you. Each state will be different. If you do list him on the BC you deffinetly need legal assistance to have court documents in place for termination. These are papers you will need to keep until they are 18!