November 2015 Moms
Options

Curious..37 weeks

Hey ladies, so I'm 37 weeks today and at my dr appointment today I had a soft cervix and 1-2 cm dilated. My dr said she could feel little guys head lol
I am scheduled for an induction on the 12th and I'm honestly hoping that he comes before then on his own because I really don't want to be induced or force him out early, but under circumstances that is just my situation.
But my question, as much as I know our bodies and babies do as they please and on their own time, have any of you progressed fast after 1-2 cm? Or if you've been induced, was it a quick process?
My husband is starting a new job the week I'm scheduling to be induced. Just really hoping that he can be there and I won't be delivering alone! Thank you!

Re: Curious..37 weeks

• Options
    Good luck hopefully it happens before your induced!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice, but I'm in the same boat. 1-2 cm, and being induced on the 4th. My midwife said inducement could take a couple days to start labor, but the more effaced you are, the more quickly the inducement should put you into labor.
  • Options
    Pontot31 said:

Inducement?

Um, induction? Haha, words... Sorry! I am so tired! I should not be typing things.

• Options
    My girlfriend sat at 1 cm dilated from 37-39 weeks. The day after her 39 week appointment she lost her plug, her water broke and by the time she got to the hospital she was 7 cm dilated. Sometimes things go very fast!
  • Options
    yes my friend sat dilated 2 cm for 2 weeks without her plug.... hope it goes differently for you!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No experience yet, but I'm sort of in the same boat as you! I'm scheduled to be induced next week at 37 weeks due to high blood pressure. They checked me and I was dilated to 1 and 0% effaced. I was told to expect a long labor, which I'm slightly nervous about! They told me lots of sex would help soften the cervix and that evening primrose oil may as well, and was fine for me to take. Maybe you could ask your OB/midwife things that are safe for you to do ahead of time to help prepare your body. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I was checked at 10am Tuesday 1cm 50%effaced soft but baby was high. I was in full blown labor by 2pm and was admitted to the hospital at 4cm. Our daughter was born at 9pm!
  • Options
    I was at 2cm 50% effaced for two weeks until they checked again today and I am 4cm and 80% effaced... still no active labor though so I am at home just trying not to get too excited. I'm 38 weeks and 2 days.
  • Options
    Just a reminder, 2 cm is about the tip of one finger. Imposible to predict when labor will come based on dilation alone. Most people work pretty long in labor until about 6 cm, then tend to go a little quicker. But of course, everyone is different.