November 2015 Moms

Dream Labor Scenario

So in my mind I have this dream scenario of how my labor & delivery go. Everyone laughs at me but hey a girl can dream! Thought it might be fun to share since we are reaching the end of the journey!

LO is due 11/20 which is a Friday. So I go to work like normal, come home and do the night routine. Water breaks in my sleep and we head to the hospital. I progress quickly enough that Pitocin isn't needed, I get my epidural and once it's time to push he's out in a few good pushes.

Oh wouldn't that be nice!!

Re: Dream Labor Scenario

• Lol!

I'm just hoping I don't need to be induced! My OB is doing a membrane sweep at my appointment tomorrow afternoon, so I'm crossing my fingers that I go into labor this weekend. If not, oh well, but it would be nice!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I want one like DD2 I labored at home awhile. Headed to L&D was at 5cm got epidural relaxed till I felt need to push. Had to wait for doctor who was in emergency C-section. Which let DD2 do all the work moving down. Pushed 3 times and she was here. Only thing I want different is I don't want to go over. But looks like a bigger baby this time and dr doesn't want me going over. Hoping no induction.
  • Loading the player...
  • Next week Sunday Cowboys beat the eagles then my water breaks from excitement! Head to the hospital and be strong/crazy enough and go without epidural. Push out a healthy baby boy that looks like his momma ;)
  • My dream scenario is waking up to water breaking in bed (any time after Mon. 11/2), laboring at home as long as possible, then off to the hospital for a quick, intervention/med free birth resulting in a happy, healthy, baby boy!
  • My due date is Monday. Tomorrows my last day of work. In my dreams, I work tomorrow go home, have dinner, go into labor just as the dishes are getting finished and babies comes Saturday.
  • My last labor was an awesome 3 hours and I pushed once, BUT in hurt like freakin hell!!! It was the most painful non medicated intense 3 hours of my life!! I thank God it was only 3 hours.

I seriously want to sneeze and be like oh look the head is out, sneeze again and oh here's baby! I wouldn't care if I was at home when that happens either and I delivered him by myself.
  • Mine would be that I for sure would get my VBAC.
    Ideally I would labor at home until transition and get to the hospital in time to push out a healthy baby with no interventions or complications... and then be home the next day.
    I'll take just a healthy VBAC though. Any way I can get it.
  • I would love if it was mildly storming out, except for the 15/20 minute drive to hospital. Naturally dimmed room, and things just progress smoothly and naturally and fairly quickly. I would love if everyone just lets me be and doesn't bother me about needing to be in labor room or bother me too much while I labor at home as long as possible. I hope SO isn't at work but everyone else is, lol.
  • My dream labor would be no labor at all. Seriously, how wonderful would it be if all babies arrived like the babies in The Grinch? 

This. Or if it sort of comes out like when they beam things in Star Trek.
  • My dream labor is that Buster Posey comes in to catch. I'd let him try.
  • My dream labor is that Buster Posey comes in to catch. I'd let him try.
    Don't you just love that commercial?!  My husband laughs so hard each time it comes on.
    YCSWU 

• My dream...epidural epidural epidural! I had a 24 hour induction with my DD and the epidural was much appreciated by myself and my husband. We have our induction scheduled for 11/12 and hoping that the baby doesn't have other plans. However, if baby wants to come early then that's ok as long as I get the epidural. Lol.
  • My dream labor would be able to deal with all the pain like a champ. I don't want to get an epidural...I did tell my dr to let me know before it's too late (just in case I change my mind).
    Oh, a quick labor too.