3rd Trimester

Still having morning sickness

Omg. Today, I'm 29weeks and 4days and I still have morning sickness. It is just awful. I was hoping it wouldn't have lasted this long. I hoped I was like my mom and it stop at 5 or 6 months but I have a feeling it's going to last until I have her. :P
I've tried like literally everything for nausea too, like phenergan which I had to stop taking because it gave me severe migraines. I've tried crackers, plain toast, b6 vitamins, bland diet, which I thought were helping at the time until I threw my guts up. Benadryl helped even though it did make me a little sleepy. Now the doctor is giving me zofran but it seems like I need to take it every day or every other day in order to feel better.
Vomiting sucks. I hate it. It scares me actually because it's not like you just do it one time and it's over..nope, it's more like 5 or 6 times in a row to where you're gasping for air because you can't breathe. My face turned so red one time it almost was purple.
I think the only bright side to this is not vomiting every day like some women and who ever they are, I feel for you because it's hard to get even get out of bed sometimes. I am gaining weight how I should be and so is my baby girl. (: I found out she weighs 3lbs and 4oz. Can't wait to hold her

Re: Still having morning sickness

• Aw poor you, that sucks. I had terrible morning sickness up to 11-12 weeks but thankfully mine faded. Some people just get it bad. Glad to hear you're gaining weight, I've heard that eating plenty of leafy greens can help morning sickness (though be careful with excessive iron intake). Watch out for any blood in your vomit, I had this and was terrified is torn my oesophagus but thankfully it was just minor trauma from severe acid reflux. Plenty of antacids and minimal movement during the morning helped me. Be kind to yourself and remember it'll all be worth it in the end :) good luck xxxx
  • Sometimes it just doesn't end to be completely honest. I'm 35w3d and I still vomit every day. I've only gained 9lbs and started this pregnancy a good 10lbs underweight already.
    My doctor has tried everything. I've tried everything. Nothing works for me. My fundal height is 6cm+ behind and go in every 2-3 days for BPP's because I'm high risk too. Baby will be small but there isn't much I can do. She's taking what she needs from my body....literally.
    Hang in there it could be worse! I hope yours stops soon!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 37+2 and I had bad morning sickness that started from 10-20 weeks. At 30 weeks, it came back with a vengeance and I was struggling to keep water down. I discovered that my morning sickness is directly related to how much protein I eat. The more protein I eat the less morning sickness. Even to this day if I don't eat enough protein with a meal I will get sick. Maybe try increasing your protein intake to see if that helps. Morning sickness sucks!
  • I'm with you. I have to take Zofran almost everyday to make it. The Phenergan made me even more sick than I was and just munching on crackers and Sprite does not work for me. If it wasn't for the Zofran I wouldn't be able to function. good luck.
  • Ginger ale or emetrol never helped for too log either. Usually if I eat what I'm craving my morning sickness isn't as bad. Most cravings I have are pizza and pasta and chicken noodle soup and usually crave fruits and veggies but lately it's been chocolate milk or chocolate soy milk. But then heartburn becomes an issue. :P I'm actually surprised that I haven't had really bad heartburn because before I was pregnant everything gave me heartburn. My main problem was indigestion in the earlier weeks. Also my morning sickness seems to fade away if I drink some soda because the caffeine dries my mouth out because I have a lot of saliva. I try not to drink too much soda though. I am taking zofran though, not everyday, like every other day or every two or three days. But I really can't wait to have her because the way she sits makes me feel very uncomfortable because she likes to sit as low as possible so the pressure makes me uncomfortable and gross and awkward feeling. It's hard to explain but I'm sure y'all know I'm talking about. Lol. But I know it's all worth it in the end. (:
  • I feel for you. I'm 36+5 and still throw up most days. I've been taking Diclegis since 6 weeks which keeps my vomiting under control. I wish I could tell you that it'll stop soon but you never really know. I'm one of those women who has "morning" (all day) sickness the whole pregnancy. I hope yours does go away.