Infertility

Femara, Trigger Shot, IUI? new... new help...

Long story short, we really have no explanation why this has become such a frustrating road of baby making. I had an IUD for 8 years with no periods. they tell me no, this is not the reason, but, I find it hard to believe! My HSG was good, my blood work is good, my husband and I are both active, etc. His SA was perfect...We induced AF with Provera 3 months. Each month became longer and longer. 2nd month I took 100mg clomid and nothing. This month it took AF 47 days to rear her face after Provera. I started Femara CD3-7. I'm on CD5.. SO, my question is, I'm going to RE for US on the 5th if I have mature follicles he will give me a trigger. My husband is leaving for military duty for a few months. (were 15 years in and several deployments so I'm not stressed I'm use to it) Were thinking of doing an IUI this round, just in case.. My RE says I should ovulate in this time frame, but, is that true since my period is not consistent and it took 47 days to show? According to GLOW I won't ovulate until around thanksgiving? Does the Femara play a role in this? I'm on 5mg. THANKS for all your help!!!!

Re: Femara, Trigger Shot, IUI? new... new help...

• They will be able to tell more when you go for your follicle scan.  If you have mature follicles and you take the trigger shot you will ovulate in 36hrs.  My understanding is Femara is used to start the process of ovulation.  I take Femara 7.5mg days 3-7.  Welcome and good luck
  • Femera is supposed to help regulate you and produce mature follicles for ovulation. Once they reach a certain size, normally 18 mm, you will get a trigger shot and ovulate about 36 hours later. Good luck!!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Loading the player...
  • Femara does help you ovulate (and may help you produce more than one egg).  But they won't know until they do the ultrasound whether it worked.

Since you've been taking medication to induce AF, I'm not sure how helpful GLOW will be.  I mean, you aren't just monitoring your natural cycle and trying to see a pattern-- you're fiddling with it.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• I'm not sure about if/when you will ovulate but if timing is your issue could you DH freeze some sperm so that if you do ovulate after he leaves you can still do an IUI while he is away?