Trying to Get Pregnant

Unpopular Opinions

It's Thursday. Let's hear those not so popular opinions. 

Oh it’s already been brought-en!
DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Unpopular Opinions

• I hate hate hate drive-thrus. There are always huge lines, they are not faster than going inside to order, and the thought/sight of all those cars idling kills me a little inside. If I ever become POTUS, I would ban all drive-thrus (because that's totally something a president can do, right?) But don't worry, drive-thru lovers, I will never become president. 
  • Loading the player...
  • JLmama118 said:
    It is shocking to see how much personal information some people share on here. This is the Internet, anyone can be whoever they want to be. I'm also not a fan of the Facebook groups the BMBs usually end up making. I know some of the ladies have become friends IRL, but you never know who's lurking. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Catfish, but Internet safety is something I take seriously.
    YES! I was even too paranoid to post pictures of my kitchen when everyone was talking about renovations the other day because it would be the same as the images in the for sale listing. I don't need people knowing my address!

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• @chrlyr - THIS! Yes. Google "dear people who live in fancy tiny houses" it's hilarious. 
  • marajay6 said:
    Don't ban drive-thrus for parents - it is fantastic to get some food or coffee without having to pull a sleeping baby out of their car seat.
    Fair enough. I think we should bring back fast food servers on roller skates that come out to parked, unidling cars. 
  • JLmama118 said:
    It is shocking to see how much personal information some people share on here. This is the Internet, anyone can be whoever they want to be. I'm also not a fan of the Facebook groups the BMBs usually end up making. I know some of the ladies have become friends IRL, but you never know who's lurking. Maybe I've watched too many episodes of Catfish, but Internet safety is something I take seriously.
    I relate to this one. 
    For my ds I was in the June 2012 bmb. We all became extremely close-the core group. A facebook group was created. A lot of drama went down with a few of the mommas on there when it was found out one of the active moms husbands was a registered so. The same mom we had just collected money for as a group since they were "going through hard time"
    However about 5-6 of us have remained close and we have even met more than once irl.
    Be weary ladies!
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • @jlmama118 - I hear you! I'm a little more lax about it than I used to be - mostly because I feel like a lot of what's out on the internet is straight up noise. What is the chance that some creeper is really that interested in my little special flavor of noise? Pretty small, I recon. Most of my social media profiles/posts are completely public and I'm comfortable with that.

My unpopular opinion - I actually like paying taxes! It makes me feel like a contributing member of society. Granted, I hate it when my tax dollars go to things I can't stand/don't support.
  • chrlyrchrlyr member
    edited October 2015
    Eff people who are going to get to collect social security. I was sitting in my 401(k) meeting this morning barely restraining myself from reaching over and strangling the 55 year old guys who will get to collect a decent check from the government. I'll probably end up living in a tiny house in my kid's backyard. 
    ETA: Eaten post. And random turquoise rectangle, apparently. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since winter is coming (yes Game of Thrones reference), I just want to say that I can't wait for snow. I LOVE THE COLD AND THE WINTER SO HAH!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PBorgstede91 Uh I can't help but think the money was used to help the husband out for something he did....
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • chanfa said:
    @PBorgstede91 Uh I can't help but think the money was used to help the husband out for something he did....
    @chanfa our thoughts exactly. it was a very bad situation
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • chanfa said:

Since winter is coming (yes Game of Thrones reference), I just want to say that I can't wait for snow. I LOVE THE COLD AND THE WINTER SO HAH!

Me too! Summer is rough. I hate feeling hot and I love wearing fleeces.
  • chanfa said:
    Since winter is coming (yes Game of Thrones reference), I just want to say that I can't wait for snow. I LOVE THE COLD AND THE WINTER SO HAH!
    I like this only for the GoT reference! Love that show. I might try to carve one of the sigils into our pumpkin this year.

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• @Xstatic3333 Ugh I hate the summer! Especially the mosquitoes!

@KDHB13 I did that last year! I guess my other unpopular opinion is that I didn't like Ned Stark

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @chanfa That pumpkin is awesome!! I really want to do the Targaryen sigil, but I think it's too advanced. I'll probably do the Stark sigil instead

BFP #3 11/2015, CP

• KDHB13 said:
    @chanfa That pumpkin is awesome!! I really want to do the Targaryen sigil, but I think it's too advanced. I'll probably do the Stark sigil instead
    Yea I would go with the Stark sigil haha... a lot less carving
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't understand the phenomena of Twilight and 50 Shades of Gray. I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies and I'm not willing to.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• JLmama118 said:

I totally agree with you! Sometimes I don't post on WTO/TWW threads because the GTKY is something that people who know me IRL would be able to figure out it's me posting on here. I don't plan to ever post pics of myself or DH etc... for that reason.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 16 BMB-December Siggy Challenge- Holiday Animals 

• SchmancyNancySchmancyNancy member
    edited October 2015

I don't understand the phenomena of Twilight and 50 Shades of Gray. I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies and I'm not willing to.

You'd probably understand them better if you read them. Jussayin'
    ;)

Edited: spelling is hard, yo.
    Me: 27
    DH: 28
    Married: August 2010
    LO: July 2012
    TTC #2 since: May 2015

• When people say that they have "uterine twinges" or that they "had twinging on the side they ovulated from" I think they are full of it. But maybe that is because I can't tell the difference between cramps and gas.... :)

***************Box Goes here!***************

haha I swear Mittelschmerz is definitely a real thing! I get it every month and it took me forever to figure out why I would randomly get that twinge. I didn't even know it was related to ovulation until a friend filled me in on it.

• Buggums said:
    Dogs are better than cats.

There, I said it.

But but... dogs eat poop! (Yours probably doesn't ;) )
  • Cort1021 said:

Yellow and orange Starbursts are better than the red and pink ones.  

YES YES YES
    image image
  • @chanfa ahhh how can you hate Ned Stark????? I loved him and all the Starks. After the Red Wedding episode I was pissed for a week!!!
    My UO is I don't understand the Star Wars fascination!!! Can someone explain?!? Lolz!!

• @JRB3 He was too noble!! My fave characters are Tywin and Tyrion Lannister. Both are smart and did what it took. Ned? Look at what happened to him!! haha

As for star wars, I don't dislike the movies, I just don't get it. When my DH talks to me about it my eyes glaze over
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • chanfa said:

@JRB3 He was too noble!! My fave characters are Tywin and Tyrion Lannister. Both are smart and did what it took. Ned? Look at what happened to him!! haha

As for star wars, I don't dislike the movies, I just don't get it. When my DH talks to me about it my eyes glaze over

Ok Tyrion Lannister is a no brainier. He is an amazing character. But Tywin??? Tywin Lannister?? Are you sure you've seen the show??? Haha jk of course. :) But I do love game of thrones and couldn't believe what happened to Ned Stark...the only good guy to ever go anywhere near kings landing.
  • edited October 2015
    @JRB3 if you didn't grow up with Star Wars, you'll probably never get it. I'm assuming you saw it as an adult? I LOVE star wars - the original trilogy, not the new ones. My parents introduced me to the movies when I was 8. Everyone I know who's seen it as an adult doesn't get it, including boys.

As for my UO, I super hated the finale of How I Met Your Mother, and I can't even watch the reruns in syndication now!

Edit: spelling

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @chanfa Tyrion is one of my favorites!!!!!
    @ashbear720 I couldn't even sit through the first!!! I am willing to give it another try however! And no I didn't see it as a kid.
  • @rkstro2 haha and thats why i love this show! It's filled with so many complex characters and people have their preferences. Hey, Tywin isn't going to win father of the year award but he did what he could to keep his family name going.

I can't wait for season 6 now.. ugh
    BabyFruit Ticker