April 2016 Moms

Names

RoadaheadRoadahead member
edited October 2015 in April 2016 Moms
Hi! We have a son Breckin Liam and I can't decide between these two names for our daughter on the way... Please no rude comments if you dislike them both... I'm open to other suggestions as well (Hadley is a front runner too) Blakely Jo Piper Jo TIA!!!

Re: Names

• I like Piper Jo, its cute :) Hadley is cute too, but I'm not a fan of Blakely.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • There's a huge names thread as well, you'll get better reception there.
  • Loading the player...
  • NAF of any of them but I like Piper much more than Hadley or Blakely.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I should have worded that better, I meant just no rude or unessary comments... we will most likely be picking one of those names, just I just thought it would be fun to see which one people liked better. 
  • Roadahead said:
    I should have worded that better, I meant just no rude or unessary comments... we will most likely be picking one of those names, just I just thought it would be fun to see which one people liked better. 
    You still can't tell people how to respond. If you want to your comments to be selective then posting on a public forum is not recommended.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Out of those three, I would choose Piper. However, they are all not my style, and I wouldn't actually choose Piper because I have a neighbor with a dog named that and constantly hear her yelling the dog's name. Hadley is just ok and I am not a fan of Blakely at all.

If you just want votes, you might want to check out the baby names board and set up a poll. You'd probably get a lot more response over there. But, I'm pretty sure the vote will be the same.
  • I like Piper slightly better than Hadley, but both are better than Blakely. Honestly, though, all three remind me a little of my own name, which I've never cared for (it's not particularly pretty on the tongue and the only way to shorten it is pretty gross, so I've never been able to have a nickname).

Haley or Hailey has a similar ring to Hadley and Blakely, but is a little prettier.  Paloma, Pria, or Phoebe (or Priscilla or Pamela, if you're willing to go a little more old-school) are a little more feminine but still have that same starting P as Piper. If you're set on using something a little more gender neutral or surname-y, something like Addison or Cameron have a lot of nickname potential.  And all still sound pretty good with Jo.
  • I like Piper the best, and Hadley is cute too. Not a fan of Blakely - it just makes me think of a mashup of that actress Blake Lively's full name.
  • Blakely is a last name. I knew a family of Blakelys.
  • I like piper and don't mind Hadley.
  • I vote for Piper as well.  I'm not a fan of using surnames as a first name and don't love any of the three, but to each his own!  Your baby, your prerogative.  Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy :)

• I'd vote Piper.
    Sorry, but Blakely is... Odd. And not in the good way.
    Is it Blake-ly or Blak-e-ly?
    Either way, it sounds like your saying Blake Lively too fast.
  • Piper! I love the name Blake for a girl but Blakely sounds odd as others have stated.
  • I like Blake....but it might be just because I really like Blake Lively hehehe 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I never thought of Blake Lively, good point! We would call her Blake... but I see your points about Blakely (pronounced Blake-lee) DH has always loved the name Piper (before the trend brought on by Orange is the New Black). Jo as the middle name comes from his great grandma Josephine, grandma JoAnn, mom Jolene (all of which are referred to as Grandma Jo) and sister Ashley Jo. I also like Elizabeth as a middle name though after my mother.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a whole name board, but thanks for the responses and good luck to everyone!

• Hadley is NMS, Blakely reminds me of a country music singer...Piper is cute but kind of trendy.  Josephine is really lovely, I would use that as a first name.  
  • I like Piper a lot. 
  • Like others I prefer Piper. Just a warning that the name board has a particular aesthetic. Explain Jo is a family name and don't post Blakely if you don't want negative comments.  And don't say you don't want negative comments as that will prompt negative comments! :)
  • I actually have a friend named Blakely! I'm going to pick that because it's the best out of them imo
  • I think any name you love is a great name personally no-one in my family liked when I named my first daughter Torrance and Tori for short but they learned to love it and my mother doesn't like my girls name for this baby Evelyn Evei for short lol oh well not everyone will like it . I agree tho that you can't dictate what people say about a name tho . not everyone will be polite unfortunately but I would just go with what YOU love
  • I like piper, but it rinds me of Orange is the new black (main character). Maybe you could use something similar sounding like Pippa? I also like Hadley.
  • Piper by itself is lovely. In the UK it's typically gypsies that have double names for a forename.
  • Piper by itself is lovely. In the UK it's typically gypsies that have double names for a forename.

Only extremely southern women that I've known do. Ie: Mary Jo, Cora Sue, Betty Jean, Tammy Lynn...

Only extremely southern women that I've known do. Ie: Mary Jo, Cora Sue, Betty Jean, Tammy Lynn...
    Hahaha makes me think of Ted...