January 2016 Moms

blood leaking from nipple??

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this... I've been leaking very small amounts of colostrum for a couple weeks now, increasing in recent days. Now there's actual droplets that'll form. But tonight in the tub I noticed that one of my pores is leaking blood...

I read a little bit into it. I guess some bleeding can be normal, but it can also be a sign of cancer. I've always had fibrocystic breasts, so bumps and lumps are normal, but yesterday I felt a little bump that really hurt. I'm sure it's an over reaction but I'm kinda worried. Calling midwife tomorrow, but anyone else going through this?

Re: blood leaking from nipple??

• I wouldn't be so quick to jump to cancer, but if you are concerned it's worth mentioning it to your medical team.  Good luck!

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• I also have several cysts in both my breasts and my mom does as well. Please please please go get checked out. There's no reason to panic at ALL, but any time there is an odd change, especially when you already have breasts like ours it's so important to keep everything on record. My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer a few days ago and although her blood tests came back normal, her biopsy did not. Had she not checked herself we may have not been so lucky to catch it this early.
  • Loading the player...
  • I got checked today and everything is okay. Most likely a broken blood vessel from everything growing.

@maddisonwallace, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, but glad they caught it early. Thoughts & prayers are sent your way.
  • @mhofbauer211 thank you so much. We are blessed.

So glad your check was all clear!