October 2015 Moms

Still numb after cesarean

my butt still feels like it's asleep and I'm four days post partum... Also have numb spots in my legs and feet where touch or ice cubes feel more dull. Anyone experienced this ?? I called maternity and they said it would fade over time but I am still scared

Re: Still numb after cesarean

• I had a vaginal birth almost 3 weeks ago and my 3 fingers on my right hand are still numb as well as my right knee. Im going to the doc on Friday. I had a massage today. This is something I never expected from giving birth!
  • I portion of my abdomen is still numb and I'm 9 days PP. doctors said its normal and could just be some nerve damage that should repair slowly over
    Time.
  • Loading the player...
  • /\ WSS, I'm 5 weeks post c-section tomorrow and my nerves are still healing in my stomach.
  • Wow I had no idea this was even a thing! I think my actual bum inside is numb too because I can't feel myself poop.. Hoping to have this go away
  • Same. I'm 15 days PP and parts of my abdomen are still numb. Ah, the things no one talks about before you give birth!
  • I'm 7 weeks PP (preemie) and some parts of my belly are still numb but are starting to come back to life. It's been slow.
  • I don't know about the bum, but the numbness lasts for quite a while in the abdomen after CS PP! I learned, not from my doctors, that you're supposed to start massaging your scar and abdomen quite a bit after it's FULLY healed. I'm 14 weeks PP now (jumped over from July) and with lots of massage, numbness has mostly gone away. the massage restimulates the nerve endings!
  • Good to know! Thanks for the tip!