11% 20 votes

Re: Baby name- we can't decide.

• Options
    Eliza Grace by a land slide!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i vote Paisley Grace! we were going to name our LO that if we had a girl (:
  • Options
    Eliza by far. It's classic without being overused. I love Paisley as a pattern, not a name.
  • Options
    not a fan of eliza or ellie but they are 1000xs better than paisley which sounds like a 12 year old named her
  • Options
    Hands down Eliza
  • Options
    I like Eliza best, but am so tired of Ellie!
  • Options
    Definitely Eliza, though I'd favor Liza over Ellie for nn.
  • Options
    Eliza!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Biased because DD1 is Eliza Michelle, so I voted Eliza Grace!
  • Options
    I don't understand where the nn Ellie is coming from. It has not been just this thread but many people have been saying they are over that name. I don't know anyone with that nn. I think it is a beautiful nn.
  • Options
    Eliza is so much better than Paisley. I also don't think it needs a NN.
    LFAF Awards

me: 27 | husband: 35
    IR PCOS  dx Sept. 2014

married May 2015 --> started NTNP
    BFP 6.28.15 - EDD 3.6.16 
    baby #1 born 2.19.16 

TTC #2 in April 2017
    BFP 12.30.17 - EDD 9.6.18

Fertility Friend Chart
  • Options
    keri0426 said:

I don't understand where the nn Ellie is coming from. It has not been just this thread but many people have been saying they are over that name. I don't know anyone with that nn. I think it is a beautiful nn.

Do you know many young girls like under 4? Lurk here and ANY BmB name thread it's seriously the nn for all E girl names and even names like Penelope. On my FB in the last year I have had three people use it as a nn. Name berry even has a list of names with "how to get the nn Ellie". It's insanely trendy.

• Options
    Eliza for sure! I don't mind the nn Ellie, but I wouldn't give her Ellie as a first name. Eliza will age well after she's past the Ellie stage.
  • Options
    keri0426 said:

Do you have young kids?? If not that's probably the reason. I have a 4 year old and a 3 year old and every activity they are in there are multiple Ellie's or versions of it. It's a cute nickname but unfortunately it is way overused.
    Baby #3 due February. Dx with Spina Bifida Myelo  "good things are coming down the road, just don't stop walking"
  • Options
    Not paisley please! That's a trendy name for an outdated pattern. I love Eliza!
  • Options

keri0426 said:

Do you have young kids?? If not that's probably the reason. I have a 4 year old and a 3 year old and every activity they are in there are multiple Ellie's or versions of it. It's a cute nickname but unfortunately it is way overused.

I have an 8 YO, 5 YO and a 3 MO and as a matter of fact my daughter is Eloise and we do not call her Ellie. I have seriously not heard this in their schools. Yes, it may be trendy on TB but it doesn't mean it is SUPER trendy. Do you realize that it seems to just be the same people commenting over and over about the names and not thousands of people?
  • Options
    JLmama118 said:
    Eliza for sure! I don't mind the nn Ellie, but I wouldn't give her Ellie as a first name. Eliza will age well after she's past the Ellie stage.
    This exactly! There is absolutely nothing wrong with Ellie as a nn . . . it's popular, but there will always be wildly popular names. I love that her full name would be Eliza and that if she finds herself surrounded by lots of Ellies in school she has the option of going by Eliza if she prefers.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    keri0426 said:
    I have an 8 YO, 5 YO and a 3 MO and as a matter of fact my daughter is Eloise and we do not call her Ellie. I have seriously not heard this in their schools. Yes, it may be trendy on TB but it doesn't mean it is SUPER trendy. Do you realize that it seems to just be the same people commenting over and over about the names and not thousands of people?
    All it takes is a quick search online to find out that it is indeed popular and gaining in popularity each year, not just on TB

https://www.babynamewizard.com/baby-name/girl/ellie.
  • Options
    Definitely Eliza, but I wouldn't use a nn. Paisley is hands down my least favorite girls name these days. It may be ok on a child, but can you really picture a grown professional woman named Paisley?
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*