Infertility

November TWW

Re: November TWW

• Hey @larnott I don't want to provide false hope but i strongly recommend you do some research on implantation, HCG levels, and home pregnancy tests. Average implantation is not even intil day 9 and you could really implant all the way through day 11. But let's say you implanted on day 9, your HCG would have been below 5 at that time but let's say it was 5 to make the math easy. That number would double every 48-72 hours. If it was doubling on the faster side, 48 hours, your HCG would have increased to 10 by day 11apo, 20 by day 13apo, and 40 by day 15apo. Most home pregnancy tests don't pop positive until you are over 25.

You are likely just testing too early!!! I do it too, it is hard to resist the temptation, but you can't take the early negatives too seriously. You are still 5 days from your missed period. There is so much time left :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @Caroline351 I a so sorry you had that experience! That does sound like a horrible way to get news. Rest up and take care of yourself!!!
  • @khush87 congrats to you!! That's great news. I'm very happy for you!
    I'm on my way for my BETA right now so I won't hear back till this afternoon however I feel that it won't be the greatest results.

FX for everyone!!!
  • @khush87 THAT WAS SO FAST!!! Yay!! So happy for you!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• @Colleen0516 Thanks a lot!!! I hope it's not ectopic and turns out the healthy one!!

@PrayingMom2Be don't worry stay positive. Even I was feeling negative the whole day and the more they took to tell me the more negative I got. I guess patience is the key... It surprised me and DH...praying for you!
  • @khush87 congratulations :-D It's great to hear positive news.

RE told me to test at home on the 22nd, I think we are going to test on the 21st...I'm not too hopeful as I am already experiencing some very typical PMS.  Here's to hoping FX. 

GL to all the ladies going in for their BETAs today!

ME: 28  Wife: 28
    Together since June 2005 - Married May 2015 - TTC since July 2015
    Dx: PCOS and Donor Sperm

**Trigger Warning**
    08/2015 at home IUI = BFN
    IUI #1 - 11/2015 - 50MG Clomid + 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)
    IUI #3 - 07/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #4 - 08/2016 - 100MG Clomid + Ovidrel = ???

• How many DPO are you to get such a high number?
  • Thank you @PCOSat25!! I had a Beta done at 10dpo and it was a 2. I have been using 20mul HPTs, I'll stay hopeful for late implantation.
  • khush87khush87 member
    edited November 2015
    @vnegron87 Thank you! Will keep fx for you and pray for your BFP..

@larnott I went through FET with 2 5day blasts. We transferred on 11/7 so today was 11dp. I took HPT on 5dp but was negative. I just hope it keeps doubling..

@agriffin92013 Thank you!

Praying for @PrayingMom2Be and @PCOSat25
  • edited November 2015
    So, summer was like 2 seconds, and this fall, what fall? Time has gone by so quickly, but let me tell ya, this TWW feels like time has stopped in its tracks! This is seriously the longest two weeks of my life. I feel for all of us here. We go through the two weeks noticing every single twinge and tingle, and we are so worried if our BFP's will finally be there at the end! THEN, if we get our positives, we have to worry that our numbers are doubling, and they are high, but not too high cause it could be an EP! We are seriously soldiers ladies. I'm so sorry about the BFN's, the feeling is so dreadful, and I'm sorry you ladies feel like you need to worry that DO get your BFP! But pat yourselves on the back, when the day comes that we finally are blessed with a little one(s), we will appreciate it so much, and not take a second for granted with our loved ones. We are TTC and still already the best mommies a LO could have!!
    FX for all of you trying, and here's to a H&H 9 months for you positives!

@Caroline351 sorry you had to go through that! We are here for you.

@khush87 congrats and FX for a H&H 9 months!!!

Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• @khush87 congratulations ! I hope all your worries go away and you have a happy and healthy 9 months !

@vnegron87 I wanted to wait until Friday to test but I was weak and started testing this morning (11dpiui) . I got a BFN. I should not have tested. Because I am sad today but also still hopeful I think. At the same time, I am trying to book my HSG test for the end of November because I am sure that this did not work. I have highly mixed feelings and thoughts :)

• @kkush93 that's wonderful news!! Congratulations!!

For those of you that are POAS early still have faith, remember we are PUPO by the beta.

For those of you that have recently had a BFN I'm so sorry. :( know they we are all here for you and keeping our hopes up!

FX and praying as we wait for our BFP's.
  • @ZoeFer I think it's still too early for you, don't lose hope just yet!  I too have been battling testing and yesterday asked DW if we could up it just one day closer to Saturday and she said yes! :-D  I feel you on the mixed feelings though, that has partially helped me hold out (in addition to the fear of the dreaded BFN)...I do think that I'm out though because there are way too many things that are pointing to AF but who knows...this is my first medicated cycle and I'm not sure how my body is responding to the meds vs. just AF (preparing for the worst and hoping for the best).  FX for both of us...and everyone else testing this week.

**Trigger Warning**
    IUI #2 - 12/2015 - 100MG Clomid + 150MG Clomid + Ovidrel = BFP (Miscarried @ 13w3d)

• Colleen0516Colleen0516 member
    edited November 2015
    @PrayingMom2Be any news yett?
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• Thank you ladies! I had an event at work this morning then took a sick day. Nothing Lifetime, brownies, and fur babies can't fix.

@vssbrm- thanks! I thought that could be a possibility, but my body just doesn't feel like it. I went give up all hope just yet. But I did schedule an appt with the RE.
  • Hi ladies! Congrats to the bfps today!! I am so sorry to those who got the nesty BFNs.

I had the day off and did a tiny bit of retail therapy at the clearance section of BBB and Marshalls. We have been putting off doing anything w our guest bedroom since we moved in 5 years ago, at first my husband was back in school, then we were not going to do anything with it because we were hoping to turn it in to a nursery so today I said screw it, after the BFN this week I want to do something with it and make it look nice for my inlaws this TG. So i took my expense check and got some new bedding and picked out some art work I had been eyeing that went on clearance!! I love preChristmas shopping, such great deals!!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Just like I suspected a BFN! How many times is too many!? I just don't know what to feel or how to feel and the worst part is I have to wait over a month for my frozen transfer. Maybe this is a sign for me to take a breather and go slowly instead of back to back procedures??

So on Friday I have to go back on BCP and to finish on Christmas Day then estrogen pills right after that.

Congrats again to those who got the BFPs!!!
    Good luck and fingers crossed for those still waiting!!!
  • Oh no, @PrayingMom2Be I'm so sorry! THere's nothing to say to make it better but know we're thinking of you. Have a big glass of wine. So sorry again.
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• I'm sorry @PrayingMom2Be ! I was so hopeful for you. Praying for you. I know how broken we feel after a BFN. My husband broke my heart today when he asked me "what are we doing wrong"? I just reassured him we have only heightened our chances and nothing is guaranteed in life. I don't know how many more months we can take of the BFN's to be honest. I have the same lingering question, "how many times is too many". I support your decision to take a breather if you decide. I think we may do the same if we are presented with another BFN. The disappointment is a lot to take.
    Again, praying for you ladies. Our time will come eventually. (Hugs)
    Me:23 DH:32
    Married 5/14/13
    TTC #1 since 5/14
    TTC #1 w/ treatments since 5/15
    BFN 7/15
    BFP 8/15-MMC 9/15

BFP 10/15- Diagnosed BO 12/15
    BFP 2/16-EDD 11/18/2016 

• @Rachd110 did you digital test tonight? Or you waiting for morning?
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @prayingmommytobe2014 I'm sorry to hear this. This is so hard and emotional. Maybe the month break will help to reset your body. Keep praying girl!
  • Thank you all for the kind words, encouragement and support! I had my well needed good cry earlier and like @wmenende said this is not the end! We all will pick up our broken pieces and begin to build again and this time even stronger because the end result is much more priceless and well worth the struggles!!

While DH and I would love to jump right into our frozen transfer sooner than later (I'll be taking BCPs twice as long starting this Friday) but with the holidays we can't get in till after Christmas. Which maybe is what we just need right now to breath, enjoy our families and ourselves again!

Congrats again to all the BFPs and GL to those still waiting!!! Continued prayers!!
  • @PrayingMom2Be I am so sorry. I know how it feels. I really had high hopes for you. I had same experience, last time we transferred fresh blastocysts and they did not made through. I skipped one full cycle and planned for frozen but caught UTI just a week before the transfer so that cycle got cancelled. Then restarted the medicines and transferred two frozen blasts and got a BFP. I was very devoted when I got my BFN in fresh cycle, kept crying all night. But I think what happens is always for the good of us. God must have been having some much better plans for you in his surprise bag. Trust HIM! It is hard but I have read your story, you are very strong woman, you will make it happen! :)

@PCOSat25 wishing you luck for the news! 

• @khush87 thank you so much! I'm crying as I'm reading your post! Yes I believe he does have bigger plans for us and we'll hold our baby(ies) soon enough! Congrats again to you, please keep us updated with your journey!

Prayers going up for all!!
  • BFN. To be fair I knew it was coming. All my home tests were negative. So in my heart I knew the beta would be negative or WORST case scenario a chemical. At least it was a hard negative and I can go right into the next cycle. AND bonus I am working from home today so I can cry at my desk with no one noticing...

It is just hard as my husband leaves on deployment for a year in late January so we only have time AT BEST for two more cycles. I already talked to my doctor and they are increasing my letrozole and follistim for December. This was only the second cycle were I have actually gotten a mature follicle (in a year and a half of treatment) so hey maybe third time will be a charm.

If these next two IUIs are not successful we will take the deployment year off and save all that deployment money for IVF in December 2016 or January 2017.
  • @PCOSat25 - so sorry to hear about your BFN! I really hope the next cycle works, especially with an increase in dosage. PCOS is the worst (I have it too).

This is my first medicated cycle (letrozole, ovidrel, TI) and I just started my TWW today. My test day will be 12/3. My RE wants me to do a HPT first and if it's positive, then I'll go in for a beta. Not sure if I should post in this thread or start a Dec. 2WW?
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • @PrayingMom2Be Will keep praying for you and for everyone!!
  • Hi ladies....I caved...did HPT this morning...alas a BFN!  I'm 12dpo so I'm still not giving up hope...but I think i'm going to prepare now for next cycle since AF is expected on Sunday.  GL to all the ladies testing soon.

@zoefer how are you holding out after your initial test?

**Trigger Warning**

• @vnegron87 my psychology is so weird at the moment:)) I have not tested any morning urine since Wed (11dpiui), but tested last night ,BFN. I was very sad last night, could not have a good sleep. DH acts as if this is so normal but I think he got upset too. The thing is I did not test the first morning urine today I think only because I can still keep the hope. I have few alter egos fighting to each other about hope :)) I will test tomorrow morning by using a digital test just to prepare myself to nurse`s phone call. 
    You were a day later than me, so maybe tomorrow you will see something , hopefully ! Let me know how your beta goes.  

And now my biggest disappointment is that I cannot do another IUI cycle next month or maybe two months because of my insurance. I am not sure what I will do next cycle.
  • @Zoefer...lol too funny about not testing morning urine because I've done that too...(thinking to myself...well it wasn't the morning urine so it didn't have the max amount of HCG...soooo I can still pull a positive because it might just be too early :-D lol)  

GL with your beta tomorrow.  I will do another HPT with FRER tomorrow too (have been using the wondo strips....which my "alter ego" thinks it just needs more HCG than any other HPT so it's just not sophisticated enough lol).  I hope both of our luck turns around tomorrow and you don't have to stress about next cycle because this one will be it! :-D

DW never wants to talk about it because it's easier for her if it's non-existent until it exists...and i try to tell her its completely real in my world and she's part of my world so she has to make it real in her world, if not only to give a comforting word (but it's usually more of an "I'm exaggerating and overthinking everything" word lol).  Gotta love it!

FX for everyone else here approaching BETAs too!

**Trigger Warning**

• It is very funny that we are using the same coping mechanisms :)) @vnegron87 and I think partners cope differently with this.
    I hope we both could have a good weekend. I will update with my beta tomorrow.
  • @ZoeFer how'd it go?

**Trigger Warning**

• It is negative, i knew it was negative but was expecting a miracle i guess. So it was little hard to accept this fact. But i have got really bad news today from my family, so it gave me some perspective. I will meet with my doctor soon and discuss the next step.
    Fx for you @vnegron87 and everyone who is testing this week!! Hearing some good news would be great.
  • @ZoeFer I am so sorry for your BFN and to hear about your family's news, it's never easy. I hope everything turns out ok with your family. Hopefully the insurance issues sort themselves out as well and your next cycle gets you your BFP.

I had a BFN yesterday with FRER. We decided not to test anymore unless AF doesn't show (she should be here any day and i have serious PMS issues going on). Unfortunately my RE doesn't schedule beta until we get a positive on an HPT. :-(

I hope you have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving and let me know what happens for your next cycle.

**Trigger Warning**

• So sorry to hear about all the negatives. It is especially hard around the holidays! Just remember, you ladies are so strong and this too shall pass.

I got my BFN on Beta on Wednesday. AF showed up Friday. Baseline today at 11:15. Trying to shake off the negative and jump into this new cycle with FX.
  • Thanks ladies, i had a rough day yesterday but i woke up with more positive feelings. I am thankful for my health and my amazing husband. I want ti focus on these two during my treatment break.
    @vnegron87 i am sorry for your bfn as well. This hope-dissapointment rollercoaster is so tiring. I wish you luck in your new cycle.
    @PCOSat25 i wish you best of luck in your baseline today and in your new cycle !
  • When you've been trying to conceive for so long that the pack of 50 POAS tests you bought in the beginning have officially expired...

I guess all I can do is laugh and order more