Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Ongoing home pregnancy tests

After a mmc at 10w 6 months ago, I'm now 4w2d. Still so early. Had bloods and dr tested everything, apart from HCG. Apparently it's common not to check it, as the home kits are so accurate now days, particularly after multiple BFPs. Slightly concerned that I can't track levels to see if they're rising though. Was thinking (just to put my mind at ease) of just doing a home test every week to make sure it's still there. Anyone else having these crazy ideas?

Re: Ongoing home pregnancy tests

• Options
    I feel your pain, but I'm not sure how much that would help. I had positive home tests for a full month after my miscarriage in June - it doesn't tell you that you have a healthy pregnancy, just that you still have some hcg in your system. The best you can to is try to distract yourself between appointments and get an ultrasound at 6 weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking about doing the digital ones that tell you how far along you are, more to make sure it's actually increasing? I have a scan between 6-7w. Just want to put my mind at ease. I don't think it'll be real until at least 12 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jessdes15 said:
    Thanks for the info. I was thinking about doing the digital ones that tell you how far along you are, more to make sure it's actually increasing? I have a scan between 6-7w. Just want to put my mind at ease. I don't think it'll be real until at least 12 weeks.
    I'm not a fan of peeing on sticks every week, but I wanted to say I'm pretty sure the digital ones only go up to 3wks+ once you hit that it is their ceiling.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Also, the digital tests are fairly inaccurate and may give you a result that is simply not true. HCG in your urine is MUCH more diluted than what is measured in your blood... so... it's fairly normal to get a result that is lower than what it might normally be, which would cause unnecessary panic. 

I am with you. I considered doing the exact same thing. I was even standing in the store, holding the tests in my hands. But. I knew that if I didn't see the result that I was hoping for, I would just get extremely stressed out and scared. Instead, I opted for just taking a few more FRERs, which I know is not accurate either, but seeing that SUPER dark line made me feel better. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    Sorry to break up your thread, but congratulations @WinchestertoPittsburgh, I have everything crossed for you and your little one!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"