March 2016 Moms
Options

Cartwheel & Baby Stuff

Hi ladies, I was wondering if anyone had any tips for using the Cartwheel app to save on baby stuff? I've heard great stories of moms saving tons of money on diapers and formula, but I'm a Cartwheel newbie. Any other savings/coupon app recommendations would be appreciated too! TIA

Re: Cartwheel & Baby Stuff

• Options
    I don't really have any tips for Cartwheel, I just check it before I go. We get diapers and wipes on subscribe and save through Amazon though, which is convenient and works well price wise.

• Options
    I can never remember to look at it before I go to plan what I want to get but luckily the app will let you scan the item in the store and if it can't find a coupon for that exact item it will suggest a similar offer (I.e. If I scan Pampers and they aren't on sale but Huggies are it will tell me.)

Don't forget to scan clearance items too. A lot of times the fine print may say it won't apply to clearance but I've never had it not accept the coupon. Found that one out by happy accident. I got a $150 breast pump for $30 because it was on clearance and they had a 25% off baby gear cartwheel coupon. I find it really useful on clearance clothes as they often have denim or a particular brand of clothes on sale.

I also find scanning in store as opposed to going in with a list of coupons prevents me from buying stuff just because there's a coupon.

The more you use it the more "badges" you earn. Badges unlock extra coupon slots. Hope that helps. Target's one of my happy places.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just got the app when I went to Target yesterday. 50% off Dreft and 25% off Destin. I can definitely see how you get great deals. If you have a redcard and stack 5% off on top of cartwheels and sale items you could do great.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks ladies

• Options
    Don't forget you can also use a target coupon and a manufacturer coupon with the cartwheel app. If you take your own bags they give you 5 cents for each bag.
  • Options
    I always scan the barcode on my items to search for deals before I check out to make sure I don't miss an extra 5-20% off.

Even better than Cartwheel is when Target runs one of their buy 3 giant boxes of diapers, get a $25-$35 gift card. We use mostly cloth diapers, but that's how I save on my disposables when I need to buy them.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Also make sure to price match! I just scan things quickly on the Amazon app it even target.com sometimes. Take it to guest services and they'll adjust the price for you. You can use coupons and cartwheel on top of that for additional savings!
  • Options
    Yes! You can price match and use Cartwheel that's my favorite thing to do! But if an item is clearance or out of stock online we do not price match the item!
  • Options
    In addition to the cart wheel app, check the ads for the gift card (GC) offers. The other week they gave a 25$ GC for every 150$ spent on baby stuff. On top of that, they gave away a 20$ GC for buying 3 boxes of diapers.. So for spending a 150$ on diapers (6 boxes) we got back 65$ in GC. We did that 2 times to get $130 in GC's .. The crib we wanted was on sale for $149.99 so we got another 25$ GC for buying that. Essentially We got our crib for FREE since we got back $155 total in GC's. We did have to buy a small pack of wipes for each purchase to hit the 150$ minimum. We also got to use coupons on the diapers and wipes to save additional money. So don't just rely on the cartwheel app. :)
  • Options
    You probably don't need baby clothes for a while, especially if you are having a baby shower. But, cartwheel almost always has 50% off baby clothes clearance items. And there are always super cute clothes and jammies on clearance!

I also suggest using the subscribe and save feature on Amazon for diapers, always so much cheaper!