January 2016 Moms

Robe to the hospital?

I read somewhere that it would be a good idea to take your own robe to the hospital instead of wearing the hospital gown. I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Any opinions?

Re: Robe to the hospital?

• I would say wear the hospital gown while in labor...it's messy. You don't wanna ruin your clothes. I did however take my own robe and clothes to wear after delivery.
  • Don't do it! Just wear the hospital gown. You get so much blood and other bodily fluids on it, it would ruin what you bought. If you wear the hospital one, they clean up the mess. Not you. Plus you are only in it for a few hours. My hospital is awesome, once four hours have passed after birth- I can change into my own clothes
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan on bringing my own to wear after the birth.  I almost bought one at Victoria Secret the other day because I had a coupon and it was so soft, and all I could think of was; "What if I did actually wear this during my labor and ruined it with all that's about to come out of me?"  I plan on bringing one for afterwards so that I can use it at home too for the first few weeks. 
  • Definitely wear the hospital gown! But the robe is nice to have before you're pushing and after you have baby in case you get cold or just to cover up. I used it when I was walking the halls yo make sure I was comfy and also didn't expose myself to anyone lol.
  • I wore hospital gown until I was allowed to shower, then I had my own night gown that was convenient for nursing and a robe.
  • C section and I'll have my own robe and night gowns for the day time. The hospital gowns are itchy and it's nice to have your own stuff. Save the robe for after delivery.
  • I wore the hospital gown the whole time with both my children. I didn't want to ruin my stuff. I was bleeding the whole time I was there even with pads they had to change my bed pad and sheets more then once a day because of all then blood. I don't want that on my robe.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • I have a super soft fluffy robe that I basically use in place of a blanket. I brought it for after but wore the hospital gown for labor and delivery.