3rd Trimester

31weeks+4 and 1cm dilated

jwarcheyjwarchey member
edited November 2015 in 3rd Trimester
Anyone else dilate early? They gave me a steroid shot and I have to go get another one today. They said I'm pretty high risk for preterm.

Edit: I'm sorry about how vague my post was. I'm a FTM, and I was literally on my way to the hospital when I wrote it. I returned to the hospital the day after getting my second shot due to intense cramping, and lots of pressure. The checked me and found I was now 2cm dilated and 50% effaced. My right side, up in my rib area, was KILLING ME. The pain had made me pass out on the car ride to the hospital. After an ultrasound of my gallbladder, they found I have stones, sludge, and even polyps. The pain from my gallbladder was triggering contractions. They ended up admitting me for two days because I was having contractions that were 2 minutes apart. They did a magnesium flush (NOT FUN) and then a drip for 24 hours to calm my uterus. Even after being taken off the magnesium, I was still contracting because of my gallbladder pain. They pumped pain meds into me (reluctantly), which helped. Having a gallbladder problem while pregnant is a nightmare because they really can't do anything about it but give me pain meds until after baby is born. After 4 days I'm now back home, on extreme bed rest until 36 weeks. Hopefully I can keep LO cooking until they have to induce me at 37 weeks due to my gallbladder disease.

Re: 31weeks+4 and 1cm dilated

• tdart14tdart14 member
    edited October 2015
    Is this serious? Have you been having Contractions or any other symptoms that you didn't post about?

Cause being 1cm at that point isn't even something to be concerned about imo, unless there is more you're not sharing.

At 32 weeks I was 2 cm, at 35 3cm. I delivered 1 day before my due date...

I'm seriously confused at how you are at risk for pre term labor because you are 1 cm dilated.

Eta. A lot of misspelled words going on in there.
  • tdart14 said:

Is this serious? Have you been having Contractions or any other symptoms that you didn't post about?

Cause being 1cm at that point isn't even something to be concerned about imo, unless there is more you're not sharing.

I'm seriously confused at how you are at risk for pre term labor because you are 1 cm dilated.

Ummm this. I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is. Smh
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Loading the player...
  • jwarchey said:

Anyone else dilate early? They gave me a steroid shot and I have to go get another one today. They said I'm pretty high risk for preterm.

QFP

Cause ya never know.
  • I am 32 weeks pregnant today and I noticed some mild menstrual like cramps in my lower back and front abdomen really low. I also was pretty sure that I lost my mucus plug (which they confirmed) I called my doctor and they sent me in to l & d and it turns out I am in preterm labor. I am currently dilated 2cm and 80% effaced. I was having meds through anIV to slow contractions which seems to have helped for now and steroid shots to help get baby girl ready just in case she wants to make her entrance. If nothing else changes soon I might go home on strict bedrest for a few weeks
  • tdart14 said:

Yeah, 1cm isn't really that big a deal. Unless there were other factors I'm a little confused on the steroid shot as well.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Sounds like either a very over cautious doctor or you must be having other preterm labour symptoms. Good luck, hope it turns out okay x
  • She was having contractions, so that's probably why her doc was worried along with the other symptoms. I remember going for a check up at 35 weeks with my third. I was 1cm dilated, no other symptoms whatsoever. That night I went into labour. A very quick 3hour labour and delivery from start to finish. So, it can happen. Better to be safe than sorry, especially at only 32 weeks. Good luck.