January 2016 Moms

Hemroids

So I have had these before but now is worse than ever!! Any advice of what to do? I am applying cream a few times a day amd or doesn't seem to be helping

Re: Hemroids

• You can use a sitz bath.. ( should be able to get one at your local pharmacy)
    Also, instead of using TP, use flushable wipes when cleaning- it's less irritating to the hemorroid ...

Good luck, I know it's uncomfortable :(
  • I feel your pain :( they are the worst. My doc recommended ice instead of heat and make sure to take walks and keep moving, which helps, too. For ice, I put some in a plastic ziploc bag and hold it there for 20 minutes twice a day. Good luck, hope you get some relief, mama.
  • Loading the player...
  • As soon as these started I began drinking kefier and kombucha- probiotic drinks that help with digestion of food and going to the bathroom. If they're a cause of constipation, drinking these may help. My husband was making the kefier but we were buying "Wild Tonic Kombucha" from Whole Foods so maybe you can find some? It's AZ based, which is where we live so not sure if it's available everywhere. Hope that helps from the "preventative" front. Good luck!
  • Def. use treated wipes instead of TP, you will feel much happier!
  • I got haemorrhoids overnight! Biggest I'd ever had them and so painful! Mine were internal prolapsed haemorrhoids but we're too painful to push back in. I wasn't constipated or anything, just a heavy uterus. However constipation makes it a lot worse so keep up your fluids and try eating at least eight prunes per day and bran cereal!! I found making doubly sure I was eating healthy, making sure to wash my bum three times a day, popping panty liners in the freezer (a lot less painful than using ice) and popping the cream on a couple of times a day helped to the point that I can now shove em back inand they're no longer painful. Unpleasant, but not the worst thing... Make sure with the cream that you're coating the inside of your rectum too. The tube they give you can hurt. My midwife recommend using surgical gloves and just rubbing the cream on the tip of your finger and sliding it in AFTER a warm shower or bath so your muscles are relaxed! Goodluck xx
    Sorry for the graphic info lol!