TTC After a Loss
Options

Successful Pregnancy after Missed Miscarriage?

I had a D&C from a missed miscarriage on 10/21. During our first appointment on 10/20, they discovered our baby had no heartbeat and had stopped growing at 9.5 weeks. (I was 10 w, 2 d). This was to be our first baby and I'm just looking for reassurance to see if anyone has had a successful pregnancy after a D&C. I'm looking forward to TTC, but I am fearful to experience what I did this week. 

Re: Successful Pregnancy after Missed Miscarriage?

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You may have more luck with success stories on the first tri or pregnant after loss boards. Since this is a TTC board, most of us have not yet had successful pregnancies after loss. Good luck!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    One of my coworkers had 2 d&c and is now 35weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much. I will reach out to that board.
  • Options
    I agree with above.  The pregnant after loss board gives a lot of hope...but the simple answer is yes, of course women have healthy pregnancies after miscarriages.
  • Options
    Hi there- another site I was on...all 6 of us had mmc's last winter.  The 5 other girls ALL got pregnant either one or two months after their miscarriages (all of us had to have d and c's).  I think there is some truth to being more fertile afterwards.  Due to my entire life going out of control, my fiance and I did not ttc again.    Happy to report all 5 of them are far into their pregnancies and doing great!
  • Options
    So sorry about your loss. I had a D and C in May (I was 13 weeks) and am now finally pregnant again! It can be a rough journey but you will get through it. Get support where you can because it certainly helps
    Best of luck
  • Options
    Thank you @ksmall14 and @nyc2015 (and of course everyone else!!) for all of your support and information! I do feel some relief knowing that everything will be OK in the future and that there is hope!