April 2016 Moms

'Period-like' pain?

Hello ladies - I'm 15 weeks and did a little Googling, but I find it more helpful to hear from real women.
For the past couple of hours I've had pressure down there - it's very similar to the feeling I'd have when I was on my period - it's not painful, but it's more of a pressure and a bit of light throbbing.  Just enough of a nuisance to feel annoying.  It's slightly in my very lower abdomen as well, but mostly vaginal area.
I've had no spotting or blood of any kind.
Has anyone else experienced this, or is experiencing this?  Hints or tips to relieve the discomfort?
I've read it's potentially due to the increased blood flow, or stretching.  
I'm not concerned enough to call my Doctor, but it's definitely worth asking about since it's my first.

Re: 'Period-like' pain?

• Whoops - this should've gone in the 'Symptoms' thread. My apologies!
  • I am 15 weeks pregnant too and felt the same pain a few days ago. This is me 2nd and I dont remember feeling this with my first. They said it may be due to stretching. Just like you, I have no bleeding, just some annoying pain. It passed after a couple days though. Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • It's round ligament pain and happens on and off during pretty much the entire pregnancy. It continues as your uterus is growing and stretching.
  • fourtsixand2fourtsixand2 member
    edited October 2015
    Thanks ladies! It's nicer to hear it from other expectant Moms, not just from Googling symptoms on the internet.  I'm trying my best to not be that first time Mom that freaks out about everything, but after a concert last night and 'relations' for the first time in a while this morning, I got myself worked up about this new symptom.   :))
  • I've experienced this throughout all three of my pregnancies. I'm experiencing it right now, actually lol! I remember running to the bathroom practically every hour in the first tri with my first, convinced I had started bleeding. Fortunately I never was bleeding though.

It's super annoying, but also pretty normal. Also a great doctor question for peace of mind ;)
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• I've had it all the time since I got pregnant, once or twice a week. In fact had some today. The difference is that it is just a light pressure that subsequently subsides , while with my cycle it starts like a pressure and then rapidly moves on to severe cramps.
    It's your uterus growing. :)
  • thaisac1 said:
    I've had it all the time since I got pregnant, once or twice a week. In fact had some today. The difference is that it is just a light pressure that subsequently subsides , while with my cycle it starts like a pressure and then rapidly moves on to severe cramps. It's your uterus growing. :)
    Grow baby, grow!!!
  • Could it be constipation? It's something I have been dealing with and I get cramps that are like a period if I go to long. Tmi I know but it's just a thought...although round ligament is more like it.
  • Could it be constipation? It's something I have been dealing with and I get cramps that are like a period if I go to long. Tmi I know but it's just a thought...although round ligament is more like it.
    Fortunately, I haven't had that issue yet.  I've been regular for the most part, but I do know I need to continue taking in fiber - I hear constipation while pregnant is a beating and I'd really like to not deal with that!
  • Lucky you. This is one of my biggest struggles with pregnancy. Whenever I get cramps I have to ask myself when the last time was I pooped.
  • Definitely normal- and right on schedule. :)
  • Haha. My doctor freaked out when I mentioned I had googled a symptom. "YOU'LL JUST SCARE YOURSELF!"
  • I have some lower abdomen pressure and discomfort, which I don't remember having with my DD. I've had clear RLP, and this is a little more constant. I think it's because I found out, today actually, that this LO is riding looooow. My OB had to go low on my abdomen to get the heartbeat today, (s)he is riding far lower than my DD did, which explains why the discomfort is unfamiliar.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm having this same pain, its annoying. Its nnot bad though, just feels like mild period cramps. I figure its just things stretching and growing, and maybe some constipation side effects too. Pregnancy is such a magical time!