Trying to Get Pregnant

*Sigh* Anovulatory cycle, CD55

Hi all,

I am still dealing with lack of ovulation!!  I've been TTC for 7 months, and I've only had one regular ovulatory cycle since then.  Now I'm on CD 55 and still have not ovulated (confirmed with temps and OPKs).  Should I wait until the year - long mark or go get clomid?  My doctor has offered to give me clomid.... but I am not sure if I should rush into that or give it more time.  The pill really messed up my cycles!!!

What do you all think?  Clomid or wait?

Re: *Sigh* Anovulatory cycle, CD55

• Hi all,

I am still dealing with lack of ovulation!!  I've been TTC for 7 months, and I've only had one regular ovulatory cycle since then.  Now I'm on CD 55 and still have not ovulated (confirmed with temps and OPKs).  Should I wait until the year - long mark or go get clomid?  My doctor has offered to give me clomid.... but I am not sure if I should rush into that or give it more time.  The pill really messed up my cycles!!!

What do you all think?  Clomid or wait?
    search for clomid on here, a lot of info. it seems like a scary medication to me and I know I've read on here you shouldn't take it from your ob, very dangerous without proper monitoring. Someone else will explain it much better than I just did having never dealt with it myself.
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • If you are obviously having annovulatory cycles I would see a Dr. about diagnosing WHY this is happening and then determining which treatment is appropriate. Do not take Clomid from an OB. Please see a RE for this kind of treatment. If you decide to go with Clomid monitoring is imperative to make sure that it doesn't do further damage to your reproductive system and to make sure you don't end up with 10 fertilized eggs at once.

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the responses!  I'm kinda thinking the same thing.  Also, they can't figure out why I'm having anovulatory cycles.  Blood work and ultrasound all look good.
  • BababattyBababatty member
    edited October 2015
    I have no experience with clomid, but has your doc done any tests to determine why your cycles are like this? I'd want to go through all of that before starting down the clomid path. And no, I wouldn't wait until the year mark. I told my doc at my annual exam that I'd been having a couple of anovulatory cycles, which was highly unusual for me and had never happened before, and she did some ultrasounds right away.

ETA sorry @DumbledoresArmy, didn't see your response. That's really frustrating! I'd definitely ask for a referral to an RE at this point.
  • @DumbledoresArmy : I don't have a medical degree-- but I would wait on the Clomid until you get to the year mark of TTC.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Have you looked at your diet or exercise? I was amenorrhea for 9 months due to a diet that wasn't right for my body. By the time it was sorted (my physical and blood tests were fine as well) it took 4 months to come back.

Every body is different and has different variations of extremes in either direction. I found that the first doctor I saw had no desire aside from a blood test and physical to determine what could be causing it.

were you on bcp? I've been off 5 months and haven't been regular since (with the exception of 1 "standard" cycle) but giving my body time to figure out how to do its job again. If I were in your situation, I'd wait and explore other possible options and interventions first. Clomid seems pretty scary
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @PocketFullofShells Why bother responding with something so silly and rude?

Thanks everyone else - I feel pretty good about my decision to wait and not do clomid.  I will try the diet idea, I am not overweight but I don't eat great. Thanks!!!
  • edited October 2015
    @Pocketfullofshells if you don't want to give advice why are you in an online community?  How strange...

• edited October 2015
    Haha wow. You are indeed the most lovely person on the internet.
  • @DumbledoresArmy I certainly didn't mean to imply overweight or necessarily a bad diet persey. My issue was too low of a fat. I need a higher fat intake. I wasn't getting enough which was only diagnosed when I had other symptoms. But as soon as that was corrected, my period returned.
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • @sarah0985 that's interesting!  I think mine would be the opposite problem - too much sugar and fatty foods!  :)  And yes, I was on bcp, so the doc is thinking that's what's causing the problems.  I've read it can even take a year for some people.  Hopefully we will both be back to normal soon!!
  • edited October 2015
  • You can take the referral before the one year mark if you have such a clear problem that you're not ovulating. That's something that you should see a RE for before the one year mark IMO.
  • I am confused. I literally just read a post where you told someone not to listen to people on this board because the don't have medical degrees and now you're posting asking for medically related advice. You can't have it both ways, you know? Either the opinions here are valid so people(including you) should ask or they aren't and people should ignore the advice.

Yaaaaaaas!
    This... It seems a little impolite to insult us one minute then ask for our help the next? I mean, I don't know about you, but I love giving helpful advice to people that take a big dump on me. :-??

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers