Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Bleeding again - heavy tmi

I had my d and c last Thursday . Had a little bit of red blood then just spotting very life on and off for the last few days . Then all of. Sudden I'm sitting in a work meeting and I feel a gush of blood coming out of me . I ran to the bathroom and saw it soaked through my underwear and stockings. I put a pad on but am now having cramping with it too .
Has this happened to anybody else ? I tried calling the doctor but they are on lunch now z

Re: Bleeding again - heavy tmi

• I am sorry for your loss.

I had stopped bleeding completely for ~1week, then a random huge gush. Doctor said to monitor; I didn't bleed after. 2 days later I finally got a negative pregnancy test (no lab work done). I'm guessing my body was getting rid of small retained tissue.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Thank you for the response . I appreciate it . Going to see the doctor Tuesday - they finally called back and said if it doesn't slow down by Friday to call . Hopefully my experience is like yours and it stops soon ! Can't wait for the hormones to go away
  • Loading the player...
  • I had about 3-4 days of spotting and then very heavy bleeding and passing clots for 5-6 days.  All very normal.  My doctor worries if you are soaking through a pad an hour.
  • I had a d&c after bleeding for 3 weeks. Afterwards I had terrible stomach pain I got an ultrasound which showed I was full of clots and blood. My surgeon said he didnt want to do a repeat d&c and we should wait 2 weeks to see what would happen. 3 days later I was on the phone and just gushed- probably over a litre of blood poured out. I had to finish my phone call from the shower because nothing would contain it. I bleed lightly for 2 more weeks and a repeat ultrasound showed no more retained contents. I think if your cervix closes for some reason the blood can't come out until the pressure gets too much.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Thanks everyone . It slowed down today so it appears it's normal .