Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Wednesday

Re: WTO Wednesday

• @marajay6 I agree, I definitely want to go back for the Narrows and Observation point hikes. We did Angels Landing too, that was pretty rough.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ashbear720 I started temping at 3:30 this cycle.  Things I do are to have an alarm set for vibrate (I use my Fitbit), it doesn't seem to wake me as fully, I also make sure the thermometer is ready to go right next to me so I don't really have to open my eyes.  Also, I've started to not record the temp when I take it; my thermometer displays the last temp taken when I turn it on so I just record it when I'm up for the day (and make sure I adjust the FF time back to 3:30).  This has actually been the most helpful thing since I can just wait for it to beep and put it back down.

Month/cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: Just waiting for AF to leave, hopefully tomorrow!

R/R/CS: I'm really tired and crabby today.  I've been watching cat and puppy videos on YouTube instead of working.

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user?  iPhone!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/cycle: 5/3

CD: 23

WAYDTGKU: Temping, charting and BD EOD

R/R/CS: Any chance there's any such thing as a huge, noticeable downward shift for ovulation? I know there's not... But that's what's happened! This whole month is confusing me.

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user? iPhone!

• @megstervt On the FF app, under settings then "set default values" you can set your default time to 3:30 so that you don't have to change it every morning when you go in to input your data.  ;)
  • Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 4.. I think. Or 3. Either way - I'm still in the first week.

WAYDTGKU: Just started temping again this AM, AF is just about gone so we're going to be HIO starting tonight.

R/R/CS: Can I just say, that I love my husband, but holy crap he's got the worst timing for some things. Monday night, in the middle of AF, he decided he was going to be really horny (TMI? but come on, we're adults, we have sex), and wanted me to do him a favor. I figured why not. Badaboom. Last night he continued the streak, but of course we still didn't HIO because I was still bleeding and just not interested. So, I'm sitting here today and thinking about it -- of course, in the middle of AF, when he's not interested in actual sex, he gets all worked up and it all over me. And today? When we "planned" to re-start our sex life? He's doing nothing but stressing and will probably end up too tired to do anything tonight.
    Like... can't you just save that stuff for when I can use it? Seriously!

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user?
    It's an android.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• anj27 said:
    @megstervt On the FF app, under settings then "set default values" you can set your default time to 3:30 so that you don't have to change it every morning when you go in to input your data.  ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • @megstervt good tips! Thank you! What kind of BBT do you use? I have the Target one, and I feel like it only displays the previous temp for about half a second before flashing to 98.6, and I'm not sure if I trust myself to read it that quickly. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ashbear720 I ordered the Mabis from Amazon after seeing that's what was recommended here (I originally had a drug store brand).  It flashes the old temp for about a half a second, I usually check 2-3 times since it will keep showing that temp until I put it in my mouth to record a new one.
  • edited October 2015
    @MNturnsVA It does! I just tried it..:(

ETA: CH for yesterday. Le Sigh.
  • @MNturnsVA for a while I was able to go right back to sleep after waking at 3-3:45, but I've been so anxious the past couple of days, it's been taking a long time to get back to sleep. I think I was awake for an hour before being able to fall asleep again this morning. I will use the 3:45 temp! I definitely did not get 3 hours prior to the 6:25 am temp... 

• @MNturnsVA Yeah this is the second cycle but definitely might just do EOD. DH at this point could care less if he's being used. He's getting sex and that's all he wants lol before we started ttc again I just wasn't feeling it and he was lucky to get it once every two weeks. I think he is loving it right now! We still do it not while O is around and those are some of the more fun times. So we will see, maybe I just need to try to have some more fun with it. Ha

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Month/cycle: 2/3

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Temping, Waiting out AF

R/R/CS: A bit sad that things didn't work out last cycle, but the silver lining is that my cycles may be getting more "regular" again (they've been kind of all over the place lately length wise).

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user? Droid - I've never really tried an iPhone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • chanfa said:
    Hey guys, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for teaching me so much. I didn't know if I should start a new thread or something. I am just feeling very thankful for all the things I have learned in the last month about CM/temping. After my temp and my CM check today, I was 99% sure that I would get a positive OPK today and I just took one and I was right!

Yes, I am treating this like a science experiment but honestly if I didn't have these daily WTO/TWW threads I would be so much more stressed out. 

ETA: time to HIO!
    I feel the exact same!
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • @katetastrophem that gif is perfect!

Month/cycle: 4/4

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU? PNV, Temping, OPKs, Preseed, HIO

R/R/CS: I do not want to miss my FW this cycle. I think the last few cycles we had just so-so timing and did not maximize our chances. So my plan is at least EOD until it is clear that I have ovulated. DH should be happy this month lol

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user?
    iPhone
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• Month/cycle: 7/6

WAYDTGKU: stilling waiting on AF, reducing caffeine intake

R/R/CS: I am a caffeine zombie.  I hadn't realized how much I depended on the stuff to function.

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user? I have a cheapie smart phone, that's all I know.
    Me: 26  DH: 29
    Married since May 2013
    DS born July 2014
    TTC#2 since April 2015
    BFP on 7/2/2013

• Month/cycle: 8/9

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: temping, opks, cm, pnvs, lots of water and green tea, sex

R/R/CS:  OB appointment this afternoon

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user? iPhone. I liked my Android for the first year but it didn't age well.
  • Thanks @chanfa my mood has gotten better since my post. And the gifs are giving me life in here today!!

And @H4aPartyof5 we are on the exact same page...I'll tip my glass of wine to you tonight while we have a pity party about the wrath of CD1.

@katetastrophem I laughed at your gif..out loud. This helps my day.
  • TMI

So as I am new to this cm charting what about after BD? I did search on it and some said there was a big difference the next day. I have what I would call ewcm but we did BD yesterday around 5\6, and just wiped and not sure if there is still some remainder. I did not put it on my fingers as I don't think I'm ready to touch it yet. I moved the tp around and it's very stretchy. I don't smell anything. So really my question is, could I still be seeing a reminisce of DH's good juice or is 9 hrs a good indication that I'm back to just mine?

M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• MNturnsVA said:

@AshPat0525       My periods have been surprisingly not as bad as I was expecting post BC so I'm thankful for that.  They've still been 7 days or so long but not heavy the whole time.  How short have your LPS been? **** funny about your DH and the phones.  My little sister uses an Android I think and i have an Iphone and i was having some issues with our phone a few weeks ago and I was telling her about them and she was telling me to just throw it in the trash and burn it.

Both have been 9 days so far, which I know is not as short as some others but still doesn't feel the best to me! I keep hoping they will maybe get a little bit longer as my body keeps regulating :) Good to hear that you are experiencing the same thing post BC! I'm definitely not complaining! I just think only 3 days of very light AF is so strange! I'll take it over what AF used to be pre-BC which was 3-4 times a year showing up very sporadically with no warning! That would be a nightmare with TTC!
  • Month/cycle: 7

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Not really anything right now. I think I will start temping again tomorrow.

R/R/CS: FF is predicting my FW to start on my birthday, so 

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user? Android user. Always have been. Don't plan on switching.
    Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

LFAF March Siggy: Nasty Women
    Kate McKinnon
    Image result for kate mckinnon quotes gifImage result for kate mckinnon quotes gif

Other LFAF Awards: Most likely shopping for LuLaRoe, Sweetest LFAFer, Kindest, Jokiest Jokester, Most likely to meow, Best smelling Bumpie, LFAFer I'd like to meet, Most Genuine

• **TMI Response**

@addyplusone I think it'll be DH's "stuff" until you at least have a BM. I find that if we DTD in the evening, it'll be back to being just me by the following afternoon. Definitely still have DH leftovers first thing in the morning. I think it's safe to say, in my personal experience, that I'm back to just me by 18 hours post-HIO. HTH! 

• TMI So as I am new to this cm charting what about after BD? I did search on it and some said there was a big difference the next day. I have what I would call ewcm but we did BD yesterday around 5\6, and just wiped and not sure if there is still some remainder. I did not put it on my fingers as I don't think I'm ready to touch it yet. I moved the tp around and it's very stretchy. I don't smell anything. So really my question is, could I still be seeing a reminisce of DH's good juice or is 9 hrs a good indication that I'm back to just mine?
    1. please just say semen. 
    2. The best way to tell the difference between semen and EWCM does involve touching it. If you put it into a glass of water, CM, will form a ball and drop to the bottom, whereas semen will dissolve.
    However, CM is also usually way more stretchy than semen. So since you described it as "very stretchy" I would say chances are good that it was indeed EWCM.
    Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

Kate McKinnon
    Image result for kate mckinnon quotes gifImage result for kate mckinnon quotes gif

Other LFAF Awards: Most likely shopping for LuLaRoe, Sweetest LFAFer, Kindest, Jokiest Jokester, Most likely to meow, Best smelling Bumpie, LFAFer I'd like to meet, Most Genuine

• chanfachanfa member
    edited October 2015
    @kycat Is it also correct to say that EWCM is clear and semen is cloudy? I was actually trying to read up on it because just like @addyplusone I had the same thought when I checked earlier today. FF article told me that is how to differentiate, but this is my first time checking CM so I'm not sure

ETA: more words

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KyCat said:

TMI

So as I am new to this cm charting what about after BD? I did search on it and some said there was a big difference the next day. I have what I would call ewcm but we did BD yesterday around 5\6, and just wiped and not sure if there is still some remainder. I did not put it on my fingers as I don't think I'm ready to touch it yet. I moved the tp around and it's very stretchy. I don't smell anything. So really my question is, could I still be seeing a reminisce of DH's good juice or is 9 hrs a good indication that I'm back to just mine?

1. please just say semen. 
    2. The best way to tell the difference between semen and EWCM does involve touching it. If you put it into a glass of water, CM, will form a ball and drop to the bottom, whereas semen will dissolve.
    However, CM is also usually way more stretchy than semen. So since you described it as "very stretchy" I would say chances are good that it was indeed EWCM.

Thank you.. and I knew I'd get a little bit of flame from my word choice . It has actually been 21 hrs since bc it's 3 pm here not 3 am.. apparently not great at counting today. And I'll have to try the water thing next time.

M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14

• chanfa said:
    @kycat Is it also correct to say that EWCM is clear and semen is cloudy? I was actually trying to read up on it because just like @addyplusone I had the same thought when I checked earlier today. FF article told me that is how to differentiate, but this is my first time checking CM so I'm not sure

@chanfa I think as a general guideline that is true, however, TCOYF says that EWCM can be streaked in appearance and/or tinged with yellow or pink, so don't use "EWCM is always clear" as a hard and fast rule. In addition, since @addyplusone said she was observing it on the TP, I think the white background can make it hard to distinguish between cloudy and clear.
    Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

Kate McKinnon

• thanks @kycat . In my case,, I had it on my fingers and part of it was cloudy the other was clear so I guess I understand what you mean by "streaked".

Learned something new today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KyCat said:

chanfa said:

@chanfa I think as a general guideline that is true, however, TCOYF says that EWCM can be streaked in appearance and/or tinged with yellow or pink, so don't use "EWCM is always clear" as a hard and fast rule. In addition, since @addyplusone said she was observing it on the TP, I think the white background can make it hard to distinguish between cloudy and clear.

Yes I wasn't going to quote on color due to the tp. Well all I can say is no break tonight as planned! Just in case

M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14

• @BeachTigress, @AshPat0525, and @MNturnsVA - thanks for the input! :)

When I put in higher temps for this morning and tomorrow I get dotted CHs, probably due to my negative OPKs. (I can't seem to time it right to turn one.) FX for O soon!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Month/cycle: 2/2

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: everything except OPKs

R/R/CS: Expecting/hoping to O between Saturday and Monday so I think we'll start having sex tomorrow and try for ED between now and next Tuesday. My temps have been super regular pre-O this month. I'm hoping that my temp spike is obvious.

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user? I love my iPhone. I too liked the smaller size but I've gotten used to the iPhone 6. DH is an Android lover and blames all of my complaints on my iPhone. I do admit that his camera is better, but I love the interface of apple products.

@buttermybiscuit - it looks like you O'd yesterday to me... but it looks like you need more values to confirm! If your temp drops tomorrow I bet your CH will go away.
    @Kycat - my FW ends on my birthday...love it! Mine is next Tuesday :)
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Month/cycle: 2/2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: BD

R/R/CS: Hubby wants to give it a few months before I start temping to see what happens. I find this a little annoying since I feel out of whack since taking out my IUD. I'm okay with waiting I just am interested in knowing what is going on.

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user?iphone until the day I die. I have no idea how to use anything other than Apple products. #basicwhitegirlproblems

• @MNturnsVA Is it bad that my first thought is, "Ummm traveling would just mess up my temps right now and I neeeeed them to be pretty!"  Not in Sicily right now, but it was a memorable and quirky Italian moment for sure!  PS Another newbie loving reading your responses to everyone in WTO and TWW!  Esp with your comment on OPKs being a secondary sign yesterday.  So now I will relax about that turning even fainter today.  

@Whovian10 I felt the same way after my IUD came out in July.  I actually resisted for various reasons but I'd really love to go back and see what my temps were doing that first cycle off (and it would have cut the mystery out of being "late").  If there is a glimmer of wanting to know what's going on with your body I definitely recommend temping now.  It's chilled me the hell out with my post-IUD long, possibly anovulatory cycles.  How is that for obnoxious unsolicited advice??  Congrats on being post-IUD and good luck to you!
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• LasscherLasscher member
    edited October 2015
    Month/cycle: 2/3

WAYDTGKU: sex EOD, CM, OPK (just stopped temping see rant)

R/R/CS: So some of you who have read my previous posts might know, temping caused me to have a lot of sleeping issues, so after cross hairs last cycle I stopped temping with the goal of temping again if I didn't get a BFP and started another cycle. Well after AF came I started temping again and my horrible sleep problems began again. DH got concerned and sat me down and we talked and decided for now I need to put temping on hold at it is too disruptive to my sleep, and lack of sleep has impacted my ability to function at work etc... Luckily for me my cycle over the last year (I always marked my calendar) ranges from 26-28 days. I've been pretty regular my whole life with only a handful of missed cycles. So that all being said I most likely ovulate within the first 15-16 days of my cycle. Last month I got cross hairs on day 14. I know that you are regular until you aren't, but I guess I'm just going to have to take that risk for now. DH are BDing EOD for 2.5 weeks after O figuring if all goes the same as before we would have O day covered, if I do actually O. So this month will be guestimations.... I'm still checking CM and OPK although those are much less reliable than temping. I plan to go to TWW around cycle day 15-16. I'm kind of bummed because temping is the best way to track O, but I also need to be productive in life and not let TTC negatively affect my life. This stinks, but I need to be productive and changing the time of temping didn't help either. Hopefully this works, we'll see.

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user? Iphone but I'm thinking of switching to droid
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 16 BMB-December Siggy Challenge- Holiday Animals 

• @Lasscher you do what you need to do to be healthy. Sleep is important. If you've tried everything you can with temping (sounds like you have) and it doesn't work for you, that's ok. Just means you have to have more sex, lol! 

I want to add that I think/hope you already know it's ok, I'm just trying to offer support. 

Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

Kate McKinnon

• *really new to temping, does my chart seem reasonable, I have no idea what I am looking for really yet. the chart should be attached*

Month/cycle: 2/2

WAYDTGKU: temping, pnv, cm, sexy time.

R/R/CS: got a new work jacket today that is 3 sizes smaller than the one i got last year.. total victory for me since one of the main reason i wanted to lose weight was to gain just a smidge back with a baby :)

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user? Team Android, samsung galaxy note 4. 
  • KyCat said:
    @Lasscher you do what you need to do to be healthy. Sleep is important. If you've tried everything you can with temping (sounds like you have) and it doesn't work for you, that's ok. Just means you have to have more sex, lol! 

I want to add that I think/hope you already know it's ok, I'm just trying to offer support. 

Thank you. For some reason I hesitated to share this on here, but your response was really comforting. I appreciate it.
    :\">
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 16 BMB-December Siggy Challenge- Holiday Animals 

• CoonMomCoonMom member
    edited October 2015

Month/cycle: 9/9

CD:17

WAYDTGKU: I think I O'd today but going to BD tonight just in case. I'll probably hang around here until I get confirmation in a day or two.

R/R/CS: Having two weeks off work was nice, but I'm sure paying for it now. So much catching up plus this week's work. I'm drained and it's only Wednesday:(

Edited to add: My normal temp time is 5am. I had to use the bathroom at 4am. I was so mad bc I'm pretty sure today is O day. I should have temped at 4 am then again at 5 and compared but I didn't think about it until it was too late:(

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user? I'm in the minority......Droid for sure! Currently have a Samsung Galaxy 5, wish I could upgrade to the 6 but not eligible until next year:(

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• Month/cycle: 3/3

WAYDTGKU: temping, waiting for AF to go so we can BD

R/R/CS: Just want AF to go already

GTKY: Are you an iphone, droid or other user? iPhone lover here!

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW!