Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

testing a week before period is due ?

How accurate do you think a test would be taking it a week before my missed period? My period is due on the 27th.. but I'm just so excited and nervous test. I don't want to waste money and get my hopes up just to see that it's a negative. Whats the earliest I could test with it being accurate?

Re: testing a week before period is due ?

• Options
    edited October 2015
    There are no tests that claim to be able to pick up hcg a week early. The earliest is FRER which for SOME women picks up hcg 6 days before ur period. However they are only 99% accurate the day of your missed period
  • Options

How accurate do you think a test would be taking it a week before my missed period? My period is due on the 27th.. but I'm just so excited and nervous test. I don't want to waste money and get my hopes up just to see that it's a negative. Whats the earliest I could test with it being accurate?

Qfp
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I mean I won't tell a grown woman where/when to pee but you'd be wasting your money this early.

Are you temping? That really helped calm me and make me not so crazy to test super early, because I truly knew where I was in my cycle.
    image image
  • Options
    I am charting kinda. Like I know when I'm supposed to ovulate and when my period should show. But what is temping ?
  • Options
    Please read the newbie thread pinned up top.
  • Options

I am charting kinda. Like I know when I'm supposed to ovulate and when my period should show. But what is temping ?

Yeahhhh no. That's not charting.
    image image
  • Options
    There are no tests that claim to be able to pick up hcg a week early. The earliest is FRER which for SOME women picks up hcg 6 days before ur period. However they are only 99% accurate the day of your missed period

Being able to test that early is based on a 14 day luteal phase.mif you have a shorter luteal phase (10-11 days) testing 6 days before your period will still be too early.
  • Options

Technically the test would be 100% accurate. Because you aren't pregnant yet. As PP'S have said it takes time for hcg levels to get where a test will pick it up. TWW is there for a reason! It's stressful and sucks, but necessary.

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Options
    I get your excitement and I think the early pregnancy tests are deceiving, in a way.  I think at 6 days before your missed period it's only 60% accurate or something like that.

I would just wait until you missed your period.  That way you know it will be more accurate.
  • Options

Waste of time and you'll just set yourself up for disappointment, no HPT will turn positive that early. If you want an accurate response wait until the day your period is due, or go POAS, you can do whatever you want just be prepared to get an answer you don't want...
    Expecting baby #1 August 2016 
    Already have three furbabies- Blake, Sydney, and Chester 

• Options
    How accurate do you think a test would be taking it a week before my missed period? My period is due on the 27th.. but I'm just so excited and nervous test. I don't want to waste money and get my hopes up just to see that it's a negative. Whats the earliest I could test with it being accurate? Thanks :)
    I would wait until your period is due. Really, its not worth the BFN crash that will happen when you see the negative.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    BostonBaby1BostonBaby1 member
    edited October 2015

Nearly 100% accurate for a negative home test.

*clarity
  • Options
    Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

LFAF March Siggy: Nasty Women
    Kate McKinnon
    Image result for kate mckinnon quotes gifImage result for kate mckinnon quotes gif

Other LFAF Awards: Most likely shopping for LuLaRoe, Sweetest LFAFer, Kindest, Jokiest Jokester, Most likely to meow, Best smelling Bumpie, LFAFer I'd like to meet, Most Genuine