Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Who's the twatwaffle in your life today?
DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Options
    FF is a twatwaffle for tempting me to switch back to OPKs as my primary fertility sign. It's like a pusher. 

No, FF. I'm not taking the easy way out this time. Back up off me. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How is FF tempting you to use the OPKS as a primary fertile sign??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is what it says in my Ovulation Detector box:

You have recorded a first OPK positive on Cycle Day (CD) 15.
    You may have ovulated between CD 15 and CD 18[Click Here] for more info.

If you wish to use your OPK as your primary fertility sign, [Click Here] to switch your ovulation detector to the OPK/Monitor detector.

Considering this is my first month temping (previously using OPK/Monitor detection), I was amused by the suggestion. 

DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love the word twatwaffle. The twatwaffle in my life today is the dog owner at the dog park who literally lost it when my rambunctious pup took her dog's extra tennis ball from where it was lying on the ground and ran around with it for 15 seconds. I sometimes wonder if doggie parents are worse than human parents, or maybe at least on par (we'll be TTC our first so it will be a whole new world for us). I apologized and brought it back to her but she still left grumbling out loud about me!
  • Options
    The twatwaffle in my life today is my own damn stomach. I'm trying to eat healthy to prepare my body for a BFP, but I have such a sweet tooth that pumpkin roll was my breakfast. I couldn't force myself to the strawberries and flaxseed energy balls today.

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Options
    My skin is being a twatwaffle this week, I need to not be a 31 year old with hormonal acne.  I'm breaking out the Mandelic acid peel when I get home today, dryness be damned!
  • Options

My skin is being a twatwaffle this week, I need to not be a 31 year old with hormonal acne.  I'm breaking out the Mandelic acid peel when I get home today, dryness be damned!

I still get acne like a 13 year old. Do the acid peels you mentioned work well? I've tried some but no avail!

M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Options
    My dog is being a twatwaffle. My job if flexible so I can work from home almost whenever I feel like it, so last week I worked from home 4 out of 5 days. I think my dog got spoiled having so much mom time. He's been a huge weenie since yesterday, just walking around whining randomly and barking at us when we're home trying to get to go outside all hours of the day. Stop sassing me, dammit!

• Options
    @addyplusone I use Makeup Artist's Choice peels, which are professional strength (unlike say, the ones at Sephora) and work, but do have some drawbacks.  The mandelic acid I mentioned is great for acne but also causes some tightness and flaking for a few days, which I am willing to deal with at this point.  
  • Options
    ***LOSSES MENTIONED***

Sadly enough, my good friend is being a twatwaffle today!!!! Now that she decided to start TTC, she's an expert and telling me to - you guessed it - "just relax and let it happen." I'm like oh yeah? Why don't you tell that to your poor sister who's lost two babies in the past year? The next time she gets pregnant, tell her to just relax so she doesn't lose the baby. Yes I'm being melodramatic but I'm pissed the fuck off.

Just relax?

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    Hormones. My hormones are a twatwaffle. I've cried at work today. Twice. My mom, who is having surgery for pancreatic cancer this week, texted me to say they had to put down one of our childhood dogs and that the circle of life is a bitch. I burst into tears immediately at my desk. Then a sad song can on Spotify and I burst into tears again a couple hours later. Ugh usually I'm very analytical and level-headed. Fuck you hormones. This is not the time or place to work through emotional issues!
  • Options
    @sd2012    Ha ha ha.....dogs.....I freaking love mine to death and I love it more when he "talks" but usually he doesn't talk much to me.  When i come home from work he says a little and when he's hungry, but my DH can get him to talk up a storm!! They are hilarious together. but he's started doing this begging thing on a much more frequent and regular basis and I'm afraid he's going to hurt himself.
  • Options
    @MNturnsVA My dog is an a**hole and I love him more than is probably healthy. He only talks to me and DH minimally (when he's feeling sassy) but we lived with my parents for a while and he used to go on and on to my mom. Probably because he knew she would take him on a walk or pet him if he talked at her enough. She's a good dog grandma.

• Options
    Sounds like a hell of a day, @noelietrex. I hope all goes well with your mom's surgery.

I like it @jhems776. Paste link, the end. I'm about over this nonsense. Is it really that hard to read and understand test instructions? Or to Google? No. No it isn't.
  • Options
    DH's work is a twatwaffle today. An hour ago they told him he has a surprise meeting first thing tomorrow. Across the country. :-w
  • Options
    I have acne soooo bad.... I can't get rid of it.  It will only get worse once I get my BFP.  thank god for good makeup
  • Options
    My patient is a twatwaffle.  Stop following me around and bugging me about the same silly thing over and over again... and please stop yelling at the staff for nonsense.  I literally hid in the breakroom until one of the nurse aides left so that he would be distracted and I could bolt in the other direction.
  • Options

@addyplusone I use Makeup Artist's Choice peels, which are professional strength (unlike say, the ones at Sephora) and work, but do have some drawbacks.  The mandelic acid I mentioned is great for acne but also causes some tightness and flaking for a few days, which I am willing to deal with at this point.  

Might have to try it! I'm so sick of it already! Any and all bc's I was on previously only made the issue worse. So I might have to take the good with the bad. I can fix the dryness

M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14

• Options
    My brain is a twatwaffle today. I can not concentrate for shit. I'm considering skipping my night classes because my Professor never stays on topic or keeps people from wandering into other random subjects. Le sigh.

• Options

The twatwaffle in my life today is my own damn stomach. I'm trying to eat healthy to prepare my body for a BFP, but I have such a sweet tooth that pumpkin roll was my breakfast. I couldn't force myself to the strawberries and flaxseed energy balls today.

If it makes you feel any better I ate nachos for breakfast for like the last 3 days, just because I wanted to! Pumpkin roll does sound so good!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Work is a twatwaffle for telling me that I may have travel during my next potential FW. It's only a day or two trip, but it's a long flight and it's gonna mess with my temps and making timing hard. AND I just told DH that I really would like him to be home that week when he said work wanted him to travel (though his was a 2 week trip that would have entirely wiped out chances of good timing). I can't very well tell work that I can travel because it might mess up my ovulation and ability to track it.

Edited: words
  • Options
    lunanova9 said:

If it makes you feel any better I ate nachos for breakfast for like the last 3 days, just because I wanted to! Pumpkin roll does sound so good!!
    Oh nachos sound so good right now!!

M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14

• Options
    My skin is also a twatwaffle. I've been off OCPs for 7 months now and it's still completely freaking out. Like cystic acne all down my cheeks.
    I just bought a clarisonic mia2 and I think it's actually helping. It's at least made the bumps go down, not so much the redness, but I can cover that with good concealer. But my self confidence has really taken a hit.

And some of my coworkers have the worst attitudes. We have to be here, but we don't have to make each other miserable. Twatwaffles.

Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET

• Options
    Just another twatwaffle for the day. My freaking hiccups. Literally have had them for hours!! I've held my breath, drank water upside down, I even did a headstand.. let's be done now!

M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14

• Options
    Mlight28 The Clarisonic Mia helped my skin a LOT! Hopefully it does the same for you! 
  • Options
    @housewifehobbyist Thank you!!! It's really helped with the texture of my skin so far.

What face wash do you use with it? Just a normal cleanser?
    I bought the acne package with it that came with the acne brush attachment and a cleanser, but it has salicylic acid, which I read is questionable while TTC.
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    March 2017 - FET

• Options

Just another twatwaffle for the day. My freaking hiccups. Literally have had them for hours!! I've held my breath, drank water upside down, I even did a headstand.. let's be done now!

Spoon full of peanut butter helps me usually

• Options
    Following the acne comments/suggestions! I feel ya.

The VA is a twatwaffle for, among other things, paying almost nobody who is using education benefits this semester. And not telling anybody when or why. Really?
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    One of the special educators I work with is a twatwaffle for refusing to understand that my client may be having behavior challenges in math because he has Autism and isn't on grade level.  Therefore he can't do grade level math you are expecting of him without support and/or accommodations.  Of all the people on the kids team (besides maybe me) you should be the most knowledgeable and understanding of this challenge and know the difference between the 1:1 providing support as outlined in the IEP and behavior plan and just hanging out with student because they think it's fun.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Mlight28 said:

@housewifehobbyist Thank you!!! It's really helped with the texture of my skin so far.

I bought the acne package with it that came with the acne brush attachment and a cleanser, but it has salicylic acid, which I read is questionable while TTC.

I use Murad which also has SA in it. From what I've read, SA wash is no big deal since its only on your face for two minutes before you rinse it off. Serums may be more problematic.
  • Options
    Good to know, @housewifehobbyist. I do love the Murad line.

I have another twatwaffle to add... My uterus.
    BFN and I'm gonna go ahead and uncork the wine, I'm THAT confident about how this cycle is going.
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    March 2017 - FET

• Options
    @joleri23 I love that game! Can't remember the name of it, but I can remember the sounds (especially baby Mario crying).

One of my students is being a twatwaffle. Our midterm was today. He showed up late (he ALWAYS shows up late). He did not have the necessary Accuscan form (like a scantron). He did not have a pencil. Yes, he missed class last week, but the test and its requirements were on the schedule on the syllabus and on the checklist posted online (the course is half online). Then he asks me if there is a test next week. Does he think we would have no tests for eight weeks and then two tests in a row? He acted shocked that this test was the midterm. Then he goes home and emails me about his grade. At least when he said "i don't understand whats going anymore" I believe him.

• Options
    My dog is for sure being a twatwaffle today. Between the time DH left the house this afternoon and the time I came home, she vomitted a huge pile of leaves on my rug in the living room. And I was so nice in bringing home a new doggy bed for them today! Bring gifts, get vomit in return. This is why we can't have anything nice.  8-|

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

@addyplusone
    Lemon wedge!! Take a slice of lemon and place it in your mouth and suck for like a second or maybe less and hiccups are gone! It's kind of amazing how fast it works and it ALWAYS works! I used to get chronic hiccups and lemons saved my sanity!
  • Options

Mlight28 said:

I use Murad which also has SA in it. From what I've read, SA wash is no big deal since its only on your face for two minutes before you rinse it off. Serums may be more problematic.
    May or may not have read that as SA - semen analysis. X_X
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• Options
    My students are twatwaffles. If you take a naked selfie and put it online a teacher will eventually find out and have to deal with it. Now I have to have a meeting with the deputy principals tomorrow to discuss what I heard. For christ sake you are 13! Put the camera down and go outside and play!

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options

Mlight28 said:

May or may not have read that as SA - semen analysis. X_X
    Ah! Gross!! **you know you spend too much time on The Bump when...**