Baby Names

lost on babygirl names

Having the hardest time figuring out a name for my unborn daughter...... I like names that are different and noticed I have been partical to B and K names but can not decide... also on top of my husband not liking ANYTHING I mention! Lol
I have a 7 year old daughter, named Kaylee (i know...not that unique but thought it was at the time) , that we picked out and agreed on a days after finding out she was a girl. ... I'm open to any suggestions at this time....so tired of calling my baby, "baby" instead of her name plus I'm ready to monogram lol

My top names have been Bryndle, Brynlee, Kinsley, Kenlee

Re: lost on babygirl names

• How about just Brynn? It'll set her apart from all the other "lee" names that are so popular right now and getting a mouthful when you call them both.
  • I personally would avoid Kinsley and Kenlee as they are quite matchy with Kaylee.  Would also avoid Bryndle (it reminds me of Bridle - like, on a horse?).  Agree than Brynn is nice, also consider Bianca, Brooke, Brianne or Brianna, Bethany, Brittany.  Agree with PP that the "lee" ending is quite trendy so if you're trying to avoid trendy this time around, you might want to consider a names with a different ending.
  • Loading the player...
  • magsugar13magsugar13 member
    edited October 2015
     all of your names are super super trendy and made up

brianna
    bella
    bianca
    brenna
    belinda
    brigid
    karina
    karissa
    katarina
    kirstin

1. BRINDLE-a brownish or tawny color of animal fur, with streaks of other color.
    adjective
    1. 1.
      (especially of domestic animals) brownish or tawny with streaks of other color.
      "a brindle pup"
      synonyms:tawny, brownish, brownMore

• Honestly, I think your name choices are terrible. They sound so made up and will be so so dated in a few years. Pp gave great suggestions for B and K names that are legit. Maybe you could consider some of those instead?

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Can't say I like any of the names you mentioned, sorry:( super trendy and sound like a lot of other similar names. Plus Bryndle immediately make me think of dogs, like brindle boxers etc. just a few thoughts.

Bridgette
    Blake
    Blair
    Beatrix

Kelly
    Kate
    Karoline
    Karen

Mostly traditional but not common
  • Kayla
    Kadence
    Kaelynn
    Kameron
    Kandice

Bernadette
    Becca
    Bentley
    Bethanie
    Bianca
  • Why doesn't your husband agree on any of them? Is he more traditional? You could try going with a more traditional name and then have a unique nick name. For example there is an Olympic horse rider Beezie Madden (her real name is Elizabeth).
  • When I read Bryndle I did a legit double take :-O Immediately I think of dog coat colors. The K names are too matchy with your other daughter, way too Kardashian. PP have made some great suggestions, I'd maybe consider some of those.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I personally would avoid Kinsley and Kenlee as they are quite matchy with Kaylee.  Would also avoid Bryndle (it reminds me of Bridle - like, on a horse?).  Agree than Brynn is nice, also consider Bianca, Brooke, Brianne or Brianna, Bethany, Brittany.  Agree with PP that the "lee" ending is quite trendy so if you're trying to avoid trendy this time around, you might want to consider a names with a different ending.
    Bryndle makes me immediately think of brindle "a brownish or tawny color of animal fur, with streaks of other color" it's cute on a dog... not so much on a baby.

I do love the suggestion of Bridget (whatever proper spelling you prefer) & Bianca
    Bryndle makes me immediately think of brindle "a brownish or tawny color of animal fur, with streaks of other color" it's cute on a dog... not so much on a baby.

I do love the suggestion of Bridget (whatever proper spelling you prefer) & Bianca
    I have never heard of Brindle, but the things you learn on the baby name board can be quite interesting!
  • My daughter is Kensley and we are also leaning toward "K" or "B" sounds.  One name that we are considering is Brenna.  I like Kennedy (but there is a girl in the neighborhood with that name).  Another friend has a Kerrington.