High-Risk Pregnancy

Pre-eclampsia question

So at my latest appt I was told I am most likely developing pre-eclampsia and I need to be on bed rest. Big problem is I am working two part time jobs to support myself and don't see how I can quit my jobs as I have no one to support me. I don't work full time which means I have no sick time or vacation time that I can use. And on top of it I am in school. I know, no stress here. Both my jobs I work from home and don't require me to exert physical activity more on the mental level. Has anyone else been in this situation? What happens when you can't be on strict bed rest?

Re: Pre-eclampsia question

• PlainJane8350PlainJane8350 member
    edited October 2015
    *ugh* I'm sorry you're in that situation. The good news is that you're usually allowed to do anything you can from bed...but of course check with your doctor first. I was on bed rest and was given no limitations other than don't stand for longer than 10 minutes, only shave my legs once a month, etc.
  • I'm sorry that you are having to deal with his. I had this with my DS, but mine was severe and had to be hospitalized. Sending positive thoughts that you won't need any bed rest.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know what kind of job you have- I am on bedrest and have my laptop and phone set up right there. Been working from bed for two weeks. It's not the easiest thing to do but I really need to keep working until the birth.
    Can you work from bed?
    Best wishes, I hope this works out for you.

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!