3rd Trimester

Heartburn 30 weeks

I have really bad heartburn. What can we take to help this??

Re: Heartburn 30 weeks

• ... tums. Or ask your Dr for something prescribed potentially... but most of us just pop antacids. A lot.
  • My OB says Zantac and Prilosec are also fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • My Dr. Said to not take too many tums. And i cant remember what she suggested but i will ask again at next appt. Thanks for suggestions!
  • My OB suggested Prevacid.
  • I take Pepcid AC and it works. 
  • Zantac

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I use the Store Brand "Tums". And, as weird as this might sound, Pickle Juice also helps with my heartburn. You would think it wouldn't, though. But it does. :))
  • If you want something guaranteed to work take 1 TBSP of baking soda, and mix it with 1 cup of luke warm water and chug. Almost instant relief. It is salty/gross, but right now it is the only thing that works. My personal trainer first recommended it, and when I got pregnant it is what my midwife suggested if Tums didn't work.
  • dalzien said:
    If you want something guaranteed to work take 1 TBSP of baking soda, and mix it with 1 cup of luke warm water and chug. Almost instant relief. It is salty/gross, but right now it is the only thing that works. My personal trainer first recommended it, and when I got pregnant it is what my midwife suggested if Tums didn't work.
    Baking soda is considered a class c drug. Check with your OB before doing this. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • BowWowBowieBowWowBowie member
    edited October 2015
    DO NOT TAKE BAKING SODA WITHOUT CALLING YOUR DOCTOR FIRST. 

This can and will cause your blood pressure to spike. Most medical professionals advise against it, ESPECIALLY when you're pregnant. 

A simple google search "baking soda for heartburn while pregnant" would tell you the same thing I just did. 

Edited for a nicer gif.
  • Ugh, please don't use baking soda; it's a really ridiculous way to initiate problems that are completely preventable. Honestly, I just chug a glass of milk- always helps me.