Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Judged by mother for daycare

My mom really hurt me this week. I was visiting daycares for when I return to work. She said "well I thought I would watch the baby." My mom lives 2 hours away and she is the caregiver to my dad who has MS (he cannot stand on his own). I explained to her that it would be amazing if she were able to watch the baby, but would be impossible. She would be in traffic for hours each way, dad is in and out of the hospital, she cannot see well at night, etc. It's just not realistic.

Now I found out she's been talking about me behind my back to my sister. I already feel like sh*t that I will have to go back to work when my baby is only 3 months old. Why is she making it worse???

Anyone experience this? Any advice?

Re: Judged by mother for daycare

• Did you ask her how she saw that working? Maybe she's just bummed she can't make it work? Maybe she wants to help/be part of the process?

Either way she shouldn't be talking behind your back and you shouldn't feel bad about daycare!! You are doing your research to find a good safe place for LO and at the end of the day doing what you/your family needs!
    Married DH 08.28.10
    Pregnancy #1: BFP 04.10.11 EDD 12.23.11 DD1 Born 12.4.11
     Pregnancy #2: BFP 5.12.14 MC 5.20.14 @ 5wk4d
    Pregnancy #3: BFP 11.1.14 EDD 7.5.15 MC 11.13.14 @ 6wk4d
    Pregnancy #4: BFP 1.31.15 EDD 10.5.15 DD2 Born 9.23.15

• I agree with pp..ask her how she thinks that would work for her? Maybe she could do 1 day a week?
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the exact same situation ! My mom lives 2 hours away too and has given me grief about daycare. I can't afford a full time nanny in my area.
    She expects me to leave the baby with her on the weekdays and come see the baby on weekends. Definitely not happening - not even possible.
    At the end of the day you have to do what's right for you and stand up for yourself and your baby !
    Maybe offer that you could visit on weekends of she could help out on date nights or nights where you need a break?