High-Risk Pregnancy

methadone n pregnancy

I'm on methadone n I'm 6 weeks .... the fetal heart rate was low... any pointers of methadone n pregnancy?

Re: methadone n pregnancy

• Hey! I noticed you've tried to get some responses and not having much luck. I don't have any advice or info for you, but just wanted to ask if you've tried reaching out to your birth month group here on The Bump? There is also a first trimester board too.
    Good luck and I hope the best for you.
  • Hello, congrats on your pregnancy. I've never been on methadone while pregnant but I know people who have been. First 6wks fetal heart rates are usually low because that's around the time their heart rate begins to beat. I would repeat the sonogram at about 7-8wks

Being on Methadone during pregnancy is alittle taboo but i am sure you need it if you are on it. Expect a normal pregnancy. It's the babies struggle ones delivered. They will have to detox the baby and that's very sad but they will not release the baby until after the detox. Also don't be surprise if someone from child services pops up to the hospital. It's protocol for any child born with drugs in their system.

Don't mean to scare you but it's best you know what to expect.... Even though all states are different but here in New York that's how it is...