Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

First pregnancy first loss - d and c Tomororw

I'm so sad . After three ultrasounds it seems I have a blighted ovum. I feel so disconnected from everyone and really alone . My husband is sad but I don't feel he understands the depth of my emotions and how the hormones impact me .
I hope the hcg goes down fast and I get my period soon so I can just get back to normal.

Re: First pregnancy first loss - d and c Tomororw

• Sorry for your loss! Friday will be 5 weeks since I had my d&c for a blighted ovum. I felt the same way about my husband. He said he was sad, but since we never actually saw a baby he felt differently than I did. The day after my d&c I balled uncontrollably when my husband left the house for a few hours. I had so many thoughts and questions running through my head. My hcg went from 19,000 to 19 in less than 2 weeks. I had repeat blood work yesterday and feel like AF should be coming soon. Biggest thing that has helped me is talking about it and knowing we're not alone through all of this.
  • Agree! I had a missed miscarriage and it has been 3 weeks since my d&c. My hcg is 12. I ovulated Friday and am hoping for AF next week.

It is comforting knowing you aren't alone. Also husband's may feel the pain but it is brief. We go through all the physical trials on top of the emotional. We have to get poked and prodded for weeks on end. It is harder for us to move on.
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry to hear about your loss :( Hang in there. 
  • Thank you guys . It does help to hear from others who have been there. Going in now . Sending healing thoughts to all of you too .
  • So sorry for your loss. I'm also having a d & c tomorrow. This is my second loss in a row. I was in the ER last night with spotting and an ultrasound showed no HB and baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks 4 days. I was supposed to be 8 weeks 6 days yesterday. Ts and Ps for you.